What I Liked About TSL!

Since, I'm always going off about all the negative stuff in the game; I thought I'd share some of the things I really liked in the game....

- Great use of skills/ability scores in dialogue. Awesome.

- Droids. The droids in the game (both in and out of the party) were amongst the most interesting npcs in the game. Yes, even remote was cool. From the HKs to the Cerka Corporation ones. Sweet.

- The Use of KOTOR1 characters. From the two droids returning to Carth to the meetings of some others. Sweet stuff.

- The trio of awesome npcs in the aprty. That be Bao Dur has the most realistic of the characetrs to Handmaiden in her Nude Fighting (yes, I'm a :"> pig :"> ), and even Kreia. Though; there are soem stuff wrong with kreia's use in the game; the character itself is pretty darn good espicially the voice acting. :)

- Music. Espicially the Peragus, and Malichor V music was perfect.

There's more; but that's it for now. :blink:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I agree. Well done.

- Droids.  The droids in the game (both in and out of the party) were amongst the most interesting npcs in the game. Yes, even remote was cool. From the HKs to the Cerka Corporation ones. Sweet.

While I'm not sure if I thought Remote was cool, and I didn't get HK-47 until late in the game (*sniffles*), I really liked what they did with T3. In this second play through, I'm concentrating a lot more on computer and repair skills just so I can get ALL of that dialog.

- The Use of KOTOR1 characters. From the two droids returning to Carth to the meetings of some others. Sweet stuff.

What they did with Revan and Carth made me sniffle, but all things considered I thought they did a great job of respecting the character and the previous relationship (presuming LSF Revan). I doubted this of them, and I apologize. It was touchingly and respectfully done.

I've had different thoughts on NPCs, but have posted on them extensively already. Still, it's too easy to focus on things you thought could be made better. It's nice, at times, to focus on the positives, especially since, overall, I also enjoyed the game a great deal.

"I really liked what they did with T3."

Absolutely. I found T3 a useless, boring character in KOTOR1. In KOTOR2, he was awesome and I actually wanted to use him in my party. :devil:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Since, I'm always going off about all the negative stuff in the game; I thought I'd share some of the thinks I really liked in the game....

Do you always have to be so reasonable and nice Volourn? It sickens me. :devil:

I think most people feel it's a ok game with some mighty fine high points and some ugly low points.

What makes it all worse is that you could see a damn good or even classic game was there had it not been rushed. That kinda stings.

I would like to add to the music department the tune called "Ruins of the Jedi Academy", played when returning to dantooine for that perticular meeting at the end of the game. Simply fantastic, right up there with "Bastila Shan"from KotOR 1.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gotta agree with Volourn the Skills and Dialouge was good as was the Droids and the tieing in of the KOTOR1 characters/story.

I loved how the bounty hunters chased the player across the galaxy.

The buildup of Nihilus was awesome imo despite you know what.

Mandalore in the flames scene was priceless.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

There was a lot of good stuff in the game.

The whole darker atmosphere - the music helped a lot - was appreciated. Maybe the game should have had even more "horror" or at least suspense aspects, like System Shock 2 which its opening resembled in some ways.

For example, the arrival of that ship in the opening of the game, as you are feeling rather vulnerable spacewalking was nicely disconcerting. Especially given the music and video of the interior of the ship.

Darth Nihilius had amazing potential - anyone think there was a similarity to No-name from the Japanese film Spirited Away? Maybe it's just a manga caricature, but it's a powerful one.

I also agree Kreia was a striking NPC. Very unusual - both age/gender and role/motivation. I am not sure what Volourn's unease about her is, but mine is that maybe that the plot left the player's character as a tool - not unlike IWD and the BG2 expansion - rather than one who is making his/her own destiny.

I liked training my own Jedi - although again, maybe more could have been done here. Why not require some sidequests etc to see it through? Also give the Disciple/Handmaiden more of a role in the end?

I liked having to return to some areas of the game - revisiting key areas in the breathless finales especially were kind of exciting to me, rather than just stripmining planets of sidequests and abandoning them forever.

The dialogue often allowed for rather human and humane options - funny, cantankerous and even loving. Unlike KOTOR1s bland light/dark/dumb options, I never felt too much on the rails in what I could say. As a lightsider, I was very pleased with the final dialogue options with Kreia. Although the ending had its problems, these options did give me a real feeling of closure on my terms with that important character.

- The trio of awesome npcs in the aprty. That be Bao Dur has the most realistic of the characetrs to Handmaiden in her Nude Fighting (yes, I'm a  :"> pig :"> ), and even Kreia. Though; there are soem stuff wrong with kreia's use in the game; the character itself is pretty darn good espicially the voice acting. :o

Kreia's VA was absolutely masterful. I can't get enough of her 'indignities'. :D

Indeed. The cutscene

'The Sith fleet arrives at Telos'

actually gave me goosebumps. :">

That said, the cutscenes were pretty damn good for the most part.

And um, I liked the Ubese bounty hunters too. It's been a long time since I've liked a model so much. What I don't like so much is that it's such a biatch to make a mod with.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

- The trio of awesome npcs in the aprty. That be Bao Dur has the most realistic of the characetrs to Handmaiden in her Nude Fighting (yes, I'm a  :"> pig :"> ), and even Kreia. Though; there are soem stuff wrong with kreia's use in the game; the character itself is pretty darn good espicially the voice acting. ;)

Kreia's VA was absolutely masterful. I can't get enough of her 'indignities'. :D

Indeed. The cutscene

'The Sith fleet arrives at Telos'

actually gave me goosebumps. :">

That said, the cutscenes were pretty damn good for the most part.

And um, I liked the Ubese bounty hunters too. It's been a long time since I've liked a model so much. What I don't like so much is that it's such a biatch to make a mod with.

Really? What track?

Personally, I find that the file mus_a_711 (Malachor V. "theme", use "Miles Sound Player to play the music) is the most striking of the soundtracks. It was foreboding, almost a dirge; dead.

Kreia's voice actor is persuasive, suave. Of the characters, HK-47, for his "voice", is the most entertaining. Darth Nihilus has a oddly musical voice.

Has anyone noticed that the Sith holocrons (notibly AVO_SithHoSeduL3, AVO_SithHoScrmM2, AVO_SithHoSeduL2, AVO_SithHoSeduM1) speak several comprehensible English words ("Jedi", "fight like", "blood")?

Since, I'm always going off about all the negative stuff in the game; I thought I'd share some of the things I really liked in the game....

- Droids.  The droids in the game (both in and out of the party) were amongst the most interesting npcs in the game. Yes, even remote was cool. From the HKs to the Cerka Corporation ones. Sweet.

- The trio of awesome npcs in the aprty. That be Bao Dur has the most realistic of the characetrs to Handmaiden in her Nude Fighting (yes, I'm a  :"> pig :"> ), and even Kreia. Though; there are soem stuff wrong with kreia's use in the game; the character itself is pretty darn good espicially the voice acting. :blink:

There's more; but that's it for now. :lol:

No disagreements here...especially the "there's more" part. :)

manthing2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ten things I liked about TSL:

1. Atton made me laugh a couple of times.

2. Mira seemed to be a well thought out character.

3. A couple of the in games movies were really great.

4. Darth Nihlus looked really cool.

5. Kriea's voice acting was pretty good.

6. Loading times seemed faster than KotOR1.

7. I liked the joke with GOTO's name.

8. I was happy to see T3 back.

9. Some of the bugs were down right funny. On Nar Shadaar the cutscene of the bounty hunters and them not despawning. Well it was just too funny passing the "statues" as I ran around Nar Shadaar.

10. It almost felt like Star Wars.

Well, thats ten things I liked about TSL. I admit I have posted some pretty negative stuff about the game and OE but as Tony Soprano says "You can't put crap back in a donkey" so I might as well consentrate on the things I do like about the game because I have already bought it.

I loved this game, incomplete ending and all. I got it for PC, and had been following the posts here, so I was already aware of disappointment at the ending when I started playing.

It's true that you see the "Big Bad" coming from a mile away, and it's true that there are many things about combat that could be improved, but the story totally redeemed the rest for me. As I watched the end credits, I wasn't so concerned with the way it ended as playing again as a DS -- and I *never* replay games right away, even when replayability is one of the big draws.

Could this game have been better? Heck ya, but even games that are praised from the rooftops (like PS:T, the Fallout and BG games, for example) have flaws that could be fixed. The story and characters this game did have were as good or better than any of those other games, and even managed to add depth to the story of KOTOR1, which I would not have expected.

Right now we should be looking at the bigger picture -- what comes next for the KOTOR series. We should be sending a loud message to LucasArts that we want an expansion pack for KOTOR2, and we want Obsidian to develop it. That's the petition I want to sign, because I think it's a far more realistic goal to reach for.

I loved this game, incomplete ending and all.  I got it for PC, and had been following the posts here, so I was already aware of disappointment at the ending when I started playing. 

It's true that you see the "Big Bad" coming from a mile away, and it's true that there are many things about combat that could be improved, but the story totally redeemed the rest for me.  As I watched the end credits, I wasn't so concerned with the way it ended as playing again as a DS -- and I *never* replay games right away, even when replayability is one of the big draws. 

Ah, time to break out the spoiler tags. These are for real, if you haven't completed the game do not read! :)

It's true that Kreia is obviously, from the outset, not a Jedi (for otherwise the Exile would not be the "last of the Jedi") and her entire manner suggests "sinister". I think in this case it's the how, and the why (especially that). Right at the end of the game, when Kreia says she hates the Force -- I'd been wondering what her motivations were and I was not expecting that. I was really quite shocked. It fits very well (I caught myself thinking, "yeah, I understand... I sort of agree"), and kind of crowns the story -- whatever deficiencies the ending might have, they're really in terms of the other NPCs, not the Exile and Kreia.

I loved this game, incomplete ending and all.  I got it for PC, and had been following the posts here, so I was already aware of disappointment at the ending when I started playing. 

It's true that you see the "Big Bad" coming from a mile away, and it's true that there are many things about combat that could be improved, but the story totally redeemed the rest for me.  As I watched the end credits, I wasn't so concerned with the way it ended as playing again as a DS -- and I *never* replay games right away, even when replayability is one of the big draws. 

Ah, time to break out the spoiler tags. These are for real, if you haven't completed the game do not read! :)

It's true that Kreia is obviously, from the outset, not a Jedi (for otherwise the Exile would not be the "last of the Jedi") and her entire manner suggests "sinister". I think in this case it's the how, and the why (especially that). Right at the end of the game, when Kreia says she hates the Force -- I'd been wondering what her motivations were and I was not expecting that. I was really quite shocked. It fits very well (I caught myself thinking, "yeah, I understand... I sort of agree"), and kind of crowns the story -- whatever deficiencies the ending might have, they're really in terms of the other NPCs, not the Exile and Kreia.

I agree with what you're saying, mostly...

The idea that Kreia is trying to find an apprentice who is not dependent on the Force is very intriguing, and made me look at her character in a completely new light. In a way, her intentions were not completely evil, since she was trying to find someone who could stand up to the True Sith. My problem, however, was that, at least in the first runthrough, I totally didn't trust Kreia, and lost influence everytime I spoke to her. I was sure she was gonna betray me at some point, and just didn't know when. Part of the reason I wanted to go DS the second time was to actually get some influence with Kreia, and learn more about her.

Ah, time to break out the spoiler tags. These are for real, if you haven't completed the game do not read! :blink:

I agree with what you're saying, mostly...

The idea that Kreia is trying to find an apprentice who is not dependent on the Force is very intriguing, and made me look at her character in a completely new light. In a way, her intentions were not completely evil, since she was trying to find someone who could stand up to the True Sith. My problem, however, was that, at least in the first runthrough, I totally didn't trust Kreia, and lost influence everytime I spoke to her. I was sure she was gonna betray me at some point, and just didn't know when. Part of the reason I wanted to go DS the second time was to actually get some influence with Kreia, and learn more about her.

Aaaah. I see how that could put a bit of a dampener on it. My first time I played a darksider who saw Kreia as his main route to power, and so... up went the influence

:)

Things I liked (far from complete)

1. Pazaak! (Is there a Windows version yet?)

2. Sara Kestelman's acting.

3. The journal not telling you exactly what you have to do at every moment.

4. Bickering and interaction between party members, in character, and directly related to your actions.

5. Lots of humour, especially the HK-50 droids.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Try having 58 NPCs...

Suikoden 1-3 managed 108 pretty well...Suikoden 4 on the other hand... ;)

Back to Kotor 2 - I liked the holograms. More interactive then a datapad.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Try having 58 NPCs...

Suikoden 1-3 managed 108 pretty well...Suikoden 4 on the other hand... :o

I liked the holograms too. More interactive then a datapad.

Ah good someone else who has played IV.

58 was a sort of guess because not all of the 108 are joinable.

I had pretty much the same problem with way too many NPC's to choose from in all the games. What was so different about IV?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]