Amusing Glitches

I got a hologram of Carth (entitled "Admiral Carth") at the exit ramp of the Ebon Hawk as a result of trying to get T3 to play the message. He won't say or do anything, though.

Not sure if this is a glitch, or if it was intended. Also, I don't think it's T3 at all projecting the images. I think it's a Goto-gram. The first time I saw a holo at the exit ramp, it was Goto. The second time it's Bastila ... err ... what IS that that she's 'almost' wearing?

I don't know if this is a glitch. but the Handmaiden, I turned her into a Dark Jedi Guardian. After I did that I noticed she gained no XP while the rest of the NPC's were. However when I took her with me , she gained XP. I ran back to the KSE to give her XP equalling to Atton, the other Dark Jedi. So for the Dxun Tomb, I of course chose her and she gained XP like normal. But I kept having to KSE her some XP's. Or keep her in my party, which was detrimental to my gaining influence with other NPC's. :huh:

Wierdly enough, things got back to normal after I did Korriban. There she was waiting to be levelled up, equally with the other NPC's. So does this happen normally. Or is it a glitch. :-

@ Jeremiah-

Yes, I got that too. I don't know why they're labeled Royalist Soldiers, unless the general bought them off or something...may be that will be fixed in the patch? I dunno.

@ everyone

I wasn't offended by the error message I got when Handmaiden died; I thought it was downright funny. With everything else that can go on in TSL, a weird error message is the least of my concerns.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

I wanted to check something, so I decided to train Handmaiden as a Guardian. Kreia says :: Betrayal :: but instead of going to Atris and her saying the same thing, I'm moved to Telos Academy. None of the Handmaiden sisters are around, the force cages are active, but empty, the Ebon Hawk is there, but I cant board it.

Almost forgot one. Goto's yacht. I headed towards the curved corridor where the first mines are. The holo of Goto activating the mines didnt play, so they stayed inactive. The Exile wasn't with me at the time.

Hey guys? I currently have six Bao-Durs now. Whenever I enter the Ebon Hawk, a new Bao Dur is added. Will they keep adding up to the point I can't enter the Hawk anymore? Oh yeah. The Bao-Durs are at various stages of light/dark side.

Ooh, it's like in KOTOR I where you get TM3 removed from your team and replaced with 6 Zalbaars...

Hi! Newbie here. I have to say the best glitch I had was "Holo-Carth" helped me beat the stuffing out of Visas when she first came on board. I barely had to lift a weapon. Which was good, because I was too busy laughing to pay much attention to the fight. ;)

Don't know if this is a glitch or deliberate, but:

In Freedon Nadd's tomb, I'd taken a party of Mira (Jedi), Handmaiden (Jedi), and Mandalore. Mira was leading. I walked Mira into the Dark Force manifestation, and then...

Party conversation. Mira outside the Dark Force area, saying it's bad mojo to go there, then Mira responding with the players response. Couple more go arounds, then Mira comes out stronger for the experience, blah blah.

It seems to be intended that Mira's trying to warn somebody else away from the danger spot, but the end result seemed like she was either trying to talk herself out of it or trying to steel herself for the experience.

In Freedon Nadd's tomb, I'd taken a party of Mira (Jedi), Handmaiden (Jedi), and Mandalore.  Mira was leading.  I walked Mira into the Dark Force manifestation, and then...

Party conversation.  Mira outside the Dark Force area, saying it's bad mojo to go there, then Mira responding with the players response.  Couple more go arounds, then Mira comes out stronger for the experience, blah blah.

It seems to be intended that Mira's trying to warn somebody else away from the danger spot, but the end result seemed like she was either trying to talk herself out of it or trying to steel herself for the experience.

lol, yeah Atton was leading in my group and she told him that... I guess they figured no one would want Mira to be a leader? Also she was a jedi sentinel and yet her line says "I may not be a Jedi, but..." >_>

In Freedon Nadd's tomb, I'd taken a party of Mira (Jedi), Handmaiden (Jedi), and Mandalore.  Mira was leading.  I walked Mira into the Dark Force manifestation, and then...

Party conversation.  Mira outside the Dark Force area, saying it's bad mojo to go there, then Mira responding with the players response.  Couple more go arounds, then Mira comes out stronger for the experience, blah blah.

I had the same thing happen.... as weird as it seems, it felt like Mira is discussing the issue not with any party member but *you* the player behind the screen.... kind of 'dialogue with oneself' sort of thing. :s

So, after getting back to the EbonHawk from meeting with the Jedi guy on Onderon, I encountered a glitch where no one was doing their usual stuff on board. They were all in slightly different spots on the ship, and were just standing there instead of doing their usual 'on the ship animations.' (edited for being a sieve-brain).

For example, Bao-Dur was standing right by the workbench. And running down the hallway, I noticed that Atton was standing, apparently tired and grumpy from having to stay behind to fix the ship.

So I tickled him...which appeared to annoy him a little bit at first but then he got into the spirit and tried to tickle me back. :D

atton_tickle0.jpg

atton_tickle1.jpg

atton_tickle2.jpg

atton_tickle3.jpg

When I left the ship and re-entered it all went back to normal. But I have a save game of it that loads the error back up. Heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In the Onderon palace, Master Kavar apparently couldn't kill the 2nd of the two soldiers that he runs up to when you reach the Queen. The soldier, instead of dropping in 2 hits like he's supposed to, achieved immortality by staying at 1HP forever.

The cutscene returned control of the camera to me, and Kavar was still Power-striking away at the guy - and continued to do so for long minutes - while I went out to smoke a cancer-stick and get a soda. When I returned, he was still at it, and continued even after I moved forwad to trigger the Queen's swordplay cutscene (I could hear his saber buzzing behind me) and during my defeating of...er...whatever the Queen's enemy name is.

He did finally break off, to talk to me, however - and that soldier still stood, in the 'I'm hurt bad' position.

Some 'Master', huh? Can't even kill a lowly meatbag.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Happened to me too ,probably because i didnt go straight forward after the fight , instead i decided to collect the loot first , and he was hitting at that guard for the whole time and through the whole  next scene  :-  it was kind of annoying :lol:

Ditto. I started getting pissed at it so I went straight to the swordfighting scene.

There are so many bugs -- of every magnitude -- that it is hard to remember them all. Some quick ones (PC version):

- dialogue options that didn't disapear after they had been exausted -- e.g. "Let's fight" with Handmaiden after she has taught you everything -- on almost every NPC in the game

- the HK-50 dialogue at the end of the abandoned base on Telos, before the polar cutscene, has the voice and captions out of sync, making it very difficult to follow the narrative

- a lot (most? all?) dialogues scroll through with zero wait between screens after using the Force Speed power anytime near an interaction. This even happened to me once on the final scene with Darth Traya

- Force speed lasts longer than it should (this happened to a lesser extent in KotOR1, as well) with the added bug that when it finally switches off, the landscape remains blurred whilst your avatar moves at normal speed

- Why does the little bat guy sell T3 into the droid bay? I didn't even talk to him on the last play through, so his character was totally unknown to that story -- yet, here he is doing T3 a favour ... why?

- What is the point of the Force Breath (or whatever it is called -- the one granted when you go after Visquith in the Jar Pitt)? I have tried to use this power afterwards -- e.g. on Malachor V when triggering the gas mines -- with no effect (except the blue bubble).

Don't get me started on the whole Malachor V ending ... what a total disapointment that whole world was, what with meaningless solo quests where it wasn't clear:

- if you won the fight

- if you needed to win the fight

- what happened to that character after the fight, especially in relation to the avatar and the main story arch.

I also had to run the game with movies turned off as they caused an immediate crash. I can watch the movies en masse, just not in situ, though I can forgive this as a hardware issue and not a problem with the development of the game, per se.

If -- when ! -- I think of any more I'll post them. :lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In Atris's academy, Kreia has a conversation with an invisible Atton. There she is in her little force cell, and talking (and being answered by) an empty cell next to hers. This has happened both times through that area for me.

In Atris's academy, Kreia has a conversation with an invisible Atton.  There she is in her little force cell, and talking (and being answered by) an empty cell next to hers.  This has happened both times through that area for me.

I had that happen to me when I first played the game. Then the second time I played it, it was alright.

Turns out Atton is not in the cell because he is in the hall with Handmaidens before the Atris hall. He was lying there. Hahaha...