Installation Problem

Irian

Hi!

I cannot install KOTOR2. During my first attempt there was a datatransfer error, but after I rebooted and tried again I did not even get there anymore. When I try tio open the cd an error message appears after some time: "The backgound image could not be located. Please check your cd for dirt or damage"

As there is no dirt or damage I am wondering what the problem is...

I'm using at the moment my Acer Aspire Notbeook with ati mobility radean 9700. I have a pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k12ra.

Hi!

I cannot install KOTOR2. During my first attempt there was a datatransfer error, but after I rebooted and tried again I did not even get there anymore. When I try tio open the cd an error message appears after some time: "The backgound image could not be located. Please check your cd for dirt or damage"

As there is no dirt or damage I am wondering what the problem is...

I'm using at the moment my Acer Aspire Notbeook with ati mobility radean 9700. I have a pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k12ra.

Just off the top of my head... It might be the new Securom 4 anti-copy protection that mistakenly thinks you are trying to copy the game when you install it.

If you have any virtual drives (Daemon Tools; Nero Virtual Drive), I would uninstall those first and then try and re-install it.

Worse case scenario is that it is the copy protection and it is just something in your notebook that is not compatible with it (maybe the DVD-RW drive; it's drivers; etc.) and is mistakingly triggering the copy protection like I said above.

Does this only happen when you try to use the auto-run?? Have you tried going into My Computer, right click on teh cd drive and click explore then launch the setup file from there?? I had this same problem with KOTOR 1, everytime I put the cd in I would get an error that the background image couild not be loaded, I just had to bypass the autorun feature, after that everything else worked fine.