Is there a "Box office" list for games?

I would think sales were great. And more so on the first day of release (i.e per-orders etc). I did pre order for example

My point is that people actually were buying KOTOR I. Lets see how things will go for KOTOR III. I think the expectations will be high, but everybody will more restrained and looking for reviews and feedback.

Just my guess.

BTW i there is such a box office published somewhere, i would be interested to see it, not only for this game but in general.

It was reported that it sold about 500 000 copies on the Xbox in december in the US, and it opened at #1 in the UK (280 000 copies sold).

Fair enough i would say, but nothing compared to the Final Fantasy series though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I for one rarely buy a game when it first comes out. I prefer to wait for the 1st patch then buy (If at all).

The first patch tells you a few things, such as how fast did they try to clean up the mistakes. How serious were they in cleaning up their mistakes. Then finally did the patch meet or surpass problems mentioned mostly in reviews and in the forums.

I purchased this KOTOR2 early, but I won

If a game sells 150,000 copies it's made a profit if it was selling for 50$ a pop.

Games in this generation are usually budgeted around 1-4 million $

The more profit the more likely a sequel in some form will be made.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

"If a game sells 150,000 copies it's made a profit if it was selling for 50$ a pop.

Games in this generation are usually budgeted around 1-4 million $"

You know this how?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I am a businessman, who follows this business. :blink:

What we don't know how much cut retailers get of that 50 bucks.

Or Microsofts cut

Or Lucasarts cut

Or Obsidians cut

What we do know that is 780,000 sold as initial numbers is good for everyone involved.

As for the box office list, there is the NPD list, which tells how much console games have sold, but you have to pay for them, unless they get released to the public. No numbers are kept publically for PC games.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?