Favorite Voices

Guest Damar Stiehl

1. Kiera

her voice acting was quite convinceing for the character, she really brought the role to life though she acted the age of her character and portayed the wisdom quite well.

I found her voice to be fairly enchanting and oddly beautiful , her clear and subtle preformance and emotional expression, to the coldness and harsh reality of the lession she would offer. through the lines she delivered was quite believeable. In which helped me to enjoy the character even more so and made Kiera all the more convinceing in her arguements.

2 . Hand Maiden

Haveing been a fan of this voice actress Grey Dielse (sp?) I have to admit I was fairly pleased with her voice acting and to hear her lovely voice onece more.

However oddly in some way's I felt it was not as strong as her other voice acting preformances.As in Baldur's gate as Viconia or Nalia or Skie.

To her fairly recent preformance as that Crazy and seductive Malkavanian Jeanet and Therse the Vampire with mulitple personalities and a traumatic child hood like in Vampire the Masqurade bloodlines. Where she simply conveyed the emotion of the characters the quirkyness ,differences between the two personalities and there mannerism and expression with remarkable flare and beleveability. (which left me rather stunned when I realised the same person had voiced both roles)

This being said I felt her preformance as enjoyable. Yet maybe a step down from previous voice overs..

3. Visas Marr The voice acting for VM was simply. Elegant soul ful emotional soft and beautiful truely quite captivateing I know not what else to say she truely made Visas Marr unique and enjoyable.

Lady Alenuska

2 . Hand Maiden

Haveing been a fan of this voice actress Grey Dielse (sp?)  I have to admit I was fairly pleased with her voice acting and to hear her lovely voice onece more.

However oddly in some way's I felt it was not  as strong as her other voice acting preformances.As in Baldur's gate as Viconia  or  Nalia or Skie. 

She was decent in BG2. I didn't like her Nalia part and found her Viconia part to be OK. However, if you get the chance, try playing Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, she absolutely rocks as Jeanette and Theresse Voorman :ermm:

Kotor2 was a step down from VMBL for her again though, she can do better.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1.Kreia

2.HK-47

3.Mandalore

Bao-Dur had to have the most generic voice I've heard in my entire life and I didn't really like it. I didn't really like Visas's voice either, it made me feel kind of sick, I don't think it was bad, but I just really didn't like listing to it.

2 . Hand Maiden

Haveing been a fan of this voice actress Grey Dielse (sp?)  I have to admit I was fairly pleased with her voice acting and to hear her lovely voice onece more.

However oddly in some way's I felt it was not  as strong as her other voice acting preformances.As in Baldur's gate as Viconia  or  Nalia or Skie. 

She was decent in BG2. I didn't like her Nalia part and found her Viconia part to be OK. However, if you get the chance, try playing Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, she absolutely rocks as Jeanette and Theresse Voorman :wub:

I quite agree.

2 . Hand Maiden

She was decent in BG2. I didn't like her Nalia part and found her Viconia part to be OK. However, if you get the chance, try playing Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, she absolutely rocks as Jeanette and Theresse Voorman :)

I *knew* I recognized Jeanettes voice!

oh and

1. Visas (best NPC, period)

2. Mandalore, favorite character from KOTOR1 returns! His voice changed a little, I assume becuase of the mask, but I could tell it was him... and Kreia tells you =p

3. Aqualish, Squidhead, Ithorian and the Manaan guys (cant think of it) all of those, even being run thru synthsizers has got to be harsh, Sion too, but I can sort of recreat that, just talk like they sing in death metal bands :)

Visas :);):)

The voice acting for both KotOR games were good but they don't make my top 5, that is for sure.

For me #1 will always be BG II, David Warner as Irenicus was awesome.

"You are but a gnat compared to my power!" :)

Holy crap yes. David Warner (Irenicus in BG2 and, oddly enough, Chancellor Gorkon in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered country) and Kevin Richardson (Sarevok in BG Series, Jolee in KOTOR1)

"You will suffer... you will ALL suffer!" -Irenicus

"And now *I* return the favor!" -Fighting Sarevok again in hell in BG2 after you've killed him in BG1...

Those are my two favorite voice actors of all time. Hands down. No contest... Check please.

Sorry for being off topic.

I'm revising my list:

Mira, Mandalore, and Kreia are my current faves. Mira's voice and character really grew on me by my third time through the game.

Visas's voice is painful for me to listen to... I don't know how else to put it. It just... makes me cringe. Goto's is lifeless.

I've loved David Warner since I saw The Omen ages ago. Great voice, great character actor.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 1 month later...

Call me crazy but I liked the Protocol Droid in Vogga's warehouse.

It sounded A LOT like Tim Curry (with some synthesizer of course) . He has such a distinctive voice that it just jumps out at me whenever I hear it. And being a Frank-n-Furter groupie from way back makes me extra sensitive I guess.

"Antici.................pation"

mmmm....makes me all shivery inside. :thumbsup:

Kreia was the best, I feel. Her cold diction matched her (initially impenetrable) character and seemed to deepen and ring with insanity as the game matured.

HK-47 was even better in K2 than K1.

Carth was terrific voice acting. Yes he was a whiney annoying so-and-so, but that was the point.

The actress doing Visas was over-acting almost as much as the one doing Queen Talia. And Bao-Dur sounded like he was reading English as a foreign language, phonetically spelt out on cue cards that he couldn't quite read (until the end when he seemed to find his voice).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Kreia- Awesome. Weird to think she does commercials. "Betrayal...." also her dialouge when you go in to see the Jedi Masters went well with the BG Music.

"Know that much will happen. You may trust me..." probably manipulative but it sounded convincing.

HK-47- Whoever does it- your the best! Unknownly evil, which makes him quite amusing. Without the voice, HK would be Jar Jar Binks.

I really don't have a third favorite.

HK-47, Visas and Kreia for the same reasons everyone else who liked those voices did :blink:

That said though, I thought all of the voice acting was great, but those three in particular stood out for me

- Dan

I must be one of the only people who didnt really like Sion's voice that much by the looks of things :wub:

It's not that I disliked it... but sometimes it just gave me the craps, cause the accent was almost unpredictable :) Just thinking about it and im all "arrh!!"... sometimes I would even find myself focusing more on his accent than what he was saying!

Still... it was evil sounding, and it was different... and it didnt turn me off the game or anything silly like that, so I guess thats as much of a compliment it will get from me :)

- Dan