Favorite Voices

Guest Damar Stiehl

Guest Damar Stiehl

Mine are:

* Darth Sion. VERY cool voiceover, best line so far: "Your teachings no longer echo in my skull." Not "intentionally evil", but very believable, grave and badass.

* Bao-Dur. The barely-there accent is the neatest touch. He sounds very calm and collected even when you snap at him (Oh, claws out today, eh?). Good to know that not every Zabrak is a murderous psycho. He'll make a good Jedi...

* Handmaiden. OK, I'm biased, just because she seems so easy-going compared to her half-sisters. All around good female voice, and not sickly-seductive like Visas'.

I actually rather like Kreia's voice (that doesn't mean I'm a fan of her's though). There's something about her pronunciation that gets to me. Sara Kestleman is a rather accompliced actress (not just a VA) though.

HK-47's got to be the funniest voice ever.

The rest I don't mind except for Disiciple, who's voice just irritates me.

1. Kreia. Whoever picked the voice actor for her should get a bloody medal.

2. Visas. What can I say? If she could (or did) sing, I'd be in love, I swear.

3. I'm not sure. G0-T0 and Mira both had very good voices (for their character). Oh what the heck, I'll go with Hanharr just for the hell of it.

I'd also like to point out that if you can go wrong with Jennifer Hale (voice of Bastila), I don't know of it.

Hard decision - the voice work was very good.

1) Kreia - she does not have a flashy, "charismatic" part but rather the trickiest one to pull off. She succeeds brilliantly - I never once felt the urge to click through her dialogue. Admittedly, it was partly the writing - she was unorthodox - but it was also the intelligent way the words were read.

2) Visas - had an intense, breathy voice that somehow managed to keep its integrity and intelligence. Very attractive.

3) This is the hard one - I think I'd plump for HK-47, maybe especially when he ws KH-50. Again helped a lot by the writing, but it takes skill to deliver comic lines and even more to do so while still appearing menacing and frankly loathsome.

my three choices would be

1-kreia - best voice acting in the game, imo. not just the voice itself, but her tone and how she seemed the best at capturing the emotion of what was being said.

2-darth sion - come on now, scottish sith lord? fantastic!

3-visas marr - like kreias voice actor, kelly hu was very good at capturing the emotion of what she was saying, not just reading off lines with no real change in tone.

1. Kreia

2. Visas Marr

3. Darth Sion -"This is not a battle of words, but out of blood!" :devil:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bah, everyone's just doing three!

1. Kreia- Perfect voiceover for the part.

2. Darth Sion- A great mix of sound effects with voiceover.

3. Bao-Dur- Very calm and collected, a contrast to what he thinks of himself though.

4. The HKs- I personally liked how he sounded in KOTOR1 a little better as it sounds like the actor is adding a little more British butler accent (ala C-3PO). However, the guy can pull off the dark comic relief and the dialog is great too.

5. Atton- "I'm as Atton as Atton'll ever be!" The guy could pull off the part perfectly. I was surprised that he could pull off the rather creepy dialog about Atton's past...

6. Visas- The character really sounds like someone who has given up all hope but now sees some.

7. Vrook- Once again, the Jedi Master we all love to hate.

8. Handmaiden- While the actress did a commendable job, I'm not a huge fan of the character.

9. Mira- Nice, she pulled off the lines great. Giving a sort of hyperactive, bored, smartassness to the character.

Oh great, I've listed all of the main characters :(

Needless to say, the voiceovers for the main characters were one of the strong points of the game.

1. Visas - Kelly Hu, 'nuff said.

2. Sion - actually sounded tortured.

3. Kreia - fit the part perfectly.

I didn't care for any of the rest. So many times what I heard and what I read were two different things due to the VO having the emphasis on the wrong words; I think Mira and Atton were the worst in that regard.

HK-47 would have been the best, but I got sick of his telling me outloud what kind of statement was coming out of his mouth like I was too stupid to figure it out on my own; in fact, I got sick of it before I left Tatooine in KotOR. What a waste of an otherwise perfect NPC.

1. God help me, Sith Lord Vrook. Ed Asner put just the right emphasis on just the right words to make me hate that characters guts.

2. Visas, Kelly Hu. Wow, the voice that just screams bedrooms. The lines helped sure, but that voice, angelic.

3. Handmaiden. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but her voice reminded me of Nalia from BG2, oh yeah, same actress. She had the mix of unsure wannabe disciple/warrior down pat.

And just because the rest of the cast didn't make top three doesn't mean they didn't do a good job. Great voicing overall in this game. That guy that did Griff in disguise, the weasely merchant on Onderon, at least deserves honorable mention.

Mine are:

* Darth Sion. VERY cool voiceover, best line so far: "Your teachings no longer echo in my skull." Not "intentionally evil", but very believable, grave and badass.

* Bao-Dur. The barely-there accent is the neatest touch. He sounds very calm and collected even when you snap at him (Oh, claws out today, eh?). Good to know that not every Zabrak is a murderous psycho. He'll make a good Jedi...

* Handmaiden. OK, I'm biased, just because she seems so easy-going compared to her half-sisters. All around good female voice, and not sickly-seductive like Visas'.

1.bao dur, best voiceover by a mile!

2.hm, hk-units. still cool.

3.hm, i don't know. maybe atton...

For me. I would say....

1. Kreia. I am impressed at how well she speaks her part. Her voice seems to match her "age". Wonderful job on the voice actor.

2. Bao-dur. I just love how clam and collected his voice is. Even in times of chaos he's calm.

3. Atton/Disciple. Atton does a good job putting the right about of effort in the words/sentences that need to be.

As for the Disciple, I enjoy his friendly-calm-innocent like voice.

4. Darth Sion.....good but not great. Though he can sound spooky when needed.

I'm a little surprised that no one has really mentioned Mandalore yet as a favorite voice. The major highlight of the game, for me personally, was John Cygan's performance.

I guess because Mandalore had a relatively small role, and not much dialogue compared to the other characters, he didn't have as much of an impact on most players. But I actually felt he did the most outstanding acting out of *both* of the games, and to me, had the most interesting character.

Especially when comparing him to his appearance in the first game, I got a strong impression of Mandalore's personal growth - in the first game the actual quality of his voice is more gravelly, and he sounds more pessimistic and worn-down. In KOTOR II, I thought he sounded at least five years younger, had a clearer voice (despite the crackly-ness of his helm getting in the way) and sounded more lively, determined, and focused.

::shrugs:: I'm always looking for an opportunity to praise John Cygan's acting, so please pardon me for rambling. :-

And just because the rest of the cast didn't make top three doesn't mean they didn't do a good job. Great voicing overall in this game. That guy that did Griff in disguise, the weasely merchant on Onderon, at least deserves honorable mention.

Ha! That's who he reminded me of! Yeah, he was great. I love how nervous he got after things go bad in the courtyard. Well, I guess he was nervous before, but you guys get my point.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Ha! That's who he reminded me of! Yeah, he was great. I love how nervous he got after things go bad in the courtyard. Well, I guess he was nervous before, but you guys get my point.

Ahhh! So that's who it was.

manthing2.jpg

1. Visas- gets my vote for number one. I love Kelly Hu's acting especially when she's talking about her homeworld. Her voice sounded just so sad and regretful.

2. Darth Sion- I just love it, can't describe why but I do!

3. Bao-Dur- I just love his attitude. Some of his lines if they hadn't been delivered in the dead-pan why they were, they would have just fallen flat.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords