Women in Kotor 2

lol.

Well, you gained max influence with me when you made those cut scene files available for download. Come to think of it, I do believe that I also confessed my love for you because of said favour. :(

But yeah, give women more sex! So say two like-(sex)-minded individuals!

If you are really so desperate for sex, I'm free tomorrow night

:ph34r:

I think this whole thread is ridiculous and should be locked or deleted lol.....

whoever said kreia was thrown around like a ragdoll by Sion, should also remember when she destroys the main 3 Jedi Masters at once....

and forevery instance like that there is a counter instance that contradicts any sexism in this game.

so in conclusion, all yall need to shut the **** up :()

It is sligthly annoying to me when guys think they are doing women a favor by pointing out supposed discrimination and injustices. You know what -- let them handle their own problems. We guys have enough to deal with ourselves - namely the push in the media and popular culture for us to downplay our "manliness"

Notice how it was GUY who started this topic. Do you really think you know better than a woman as to what is "offensive" or not? Or are you just trying to win vritual brownie points with the gals here?

Here's what I've learned about most women who play computer games in male dominated genres: They just wanna have fun. The girls playing this are in it cause they love RPGs, combat, puzzles, stories, etc. They aren't trying to uncover every little bit of gender-imbalance. They just wanna kick back and lose themselves in a game.

So why do we all just lighten up a bit?

I think this whole thread is ridiculous and should be locked or deleted lol.....

whoever said kreia was thrown around like a ragdoll by Sion, should also remember when she destroys the main 3 Jedi Masters at once....

and forevery instance like that there is a counter instance that contradicts any sexism in this game.

so in conclusion, all yall need to shut the **** up :()

so in conclusion, all yall need to shut the **** up

all yall need to shut the **** up

all yall

all yall

I rest my case...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Artistic license > political correctness. Period.

Of course, with that said, anyone and everyone should feel free to dismiss a game/company based on his/her own sensibilities, and all companies that seek to make money would do well to understand the nature of that sensibility. In the creation of art, no qualm should ever be made for the sake of being representative of a modern sensibility (unless that was the goal). However, in the creation of a product, such a sentiment is reversed...

There are doors

TI continue to believe that there are problems in the way women are depicted in all media, computer games included.

Be wary of that. It can lead one to see problems where there are none. The old saw of 'if all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail'.

You have to look at the entire situation. Does the game/story have the characters a certain way because of their sex/race/etc. or does it flow from who the character is supposed to be? Men *and* women can be weak, dependent, and/or submissive. If it comes from their background and isn't just because of their sex, then it isn't discrimination. After all, one of the classic themes of fiction is a person triumphing over their weaknesses (or failing hugely because of their deep flaws).

Games have a harder time with this situation simply because you don't have the time to explore the depths of a character as you would in, say, a book. Most people just want to play, so characters tend to be delineated in broad strokes.

and no one is refused either medical aid or any kind of prescription simply because of religious convictions! where does that happen??

I realize the thread has sort of concluded at this point; but I just wanted to point out that this is legal in the U.S. in some instances (abortions for example).

I would like to thank everyone for a most interesting and often well-articulated discussion. It is evident that there is much to debate, but in general I have seen people willing to adjust their perspectives. As well, there is a certain amount of entrenching occurring in some of the arguments and I think that it is best to thank all for their contributions and close this thread down. I would like to add, finally, that in general the discussion of this topic has been handled in a rather productive manner. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: