A Big ********* To Obsidian and LA

1) The number of bugs in this game is insane. Insane.

2) No effort was made to fix the bugs that are on the Xbox. You just ported it directly to PC.

3) While effort is put into the storyline at the beginning of the game, any props for that are destroyed by the game's ending.

4) Handmaiden is a really degrading depiction of females. It's really just gratuitous, and adds to the feeling that you put little effort to completing the game. I liken this to a B movie. And Star Wars is clearly not a B movie.

5) The dialogues themselves have bugs. how is that even possible? Did you play your final product at all?

6) The random item drop system is a good idea. Yet somehow you manage to mess it up. Items that are unique pop up several times??? A five year old game like Diablo II got even this right.

7) Finally, you left the cut-game content in the actual final game. What were you thinking? This is really the most direct display of how little effort you put into the game, for whatever reason. Bottom line is, Obsidian, you did not get the job done. Are you trying to rub it in by leaving the better, yet unfinished, parts in the game?

Oh how I wish this game was in Bioware's hands.

up until this part, your post was valid if those were indeed things you ran across.

once you showed your fanboism, your post lost credibility. not that im defending obsidian, but you do NOT know whether bioware could have done a better job given a 12 month development time table. you can assume, believe, wish, whatever. but you do not know for certain.

So much anger. It's just a game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just search the forums, and you probably will find the guilty party in all this.

But, at this point this is not a question of who is guilty and who is not. It doesn't matter anymore. The game is out, and a patch is coming. In regards of the cut ending, well, there are some people, like Aurora, who are trying to restore it.

And I agree NWKinght. We would never know if Bioware would've made K2 a better game.

oh and also i havent completed the game yet but i have encountered no bugs at all.....just a few warpings here and there but they are only a minor inconvenience.....plus most other people who are upset by the bugs and the shoddy ending still thought the game was great...and nobody told you to view the handmaiden as a representative for all females ever.

1) The number of bugs in this game is insane. Insane.

2) No effort was made to fix the bugs that are on the Xbox.  You just ported it directly to PC.

3) While effort is put into the storyline at the beginning of the game, any props for that are destroyed by the game's ending.

4) Handmaiden is a really degrading depiction of females.  It's really just gratuitous, and adds to the feeling that you put little effort to completing the game.  I liken this to a B movie.  And Star Wars is clearly not a B movie.

5) The dialogues themselves have bugs.  how is that even possible?  Did you play your final product at all?

6) The random item drop system is a good idea.  Yet somehow you manage to mess it up.  Items that are unique pop up several times??? A five year old game like Diablo II got even this right.

7) Finally, you left the cut-game content in the actual final game.  What were you thinking?  This is really the most direct display of how little effort you put into the game, for whatever reason.  Bottom line is, Obsidian, you did not get the job done.  Are you trying to rub it in by leaving the better, yet unfinished, parts in the game?

1) The number of bugs in this game wasn't insane, no worse than it was for Kotor 1, maybe I just got a good copy? Doubtful....

4) Handmaiden is not a degrading description of females. She is a very disciplined individual that is very responsible. I'm sorry if you're offended by what she wears when you duel with her, but perhaps you should grow up and mature a little bit?

7) It's Obsidian's first game, and it's the sequel to the Game of the Year. They had time constraints because LucasArts is an odd publisher. Given these setbacks, I'm amazed they pulled off the wonderful job they did. This is in the same ballpark as the first game, if not better.

Maybe instead of uselessly putting this game down, you could offer some constructive criticism?

1) The number of bugs in this game

4) Handmaiden is a really degrading depiction of females.  It's really just gratuitous, and adds to the feeling that you put little effort to completing the game.  I liken this to a B movie.  And Star Wars is clearly not a B movie.

4) Handmaiden is not a degrading description of females. She is a very disciplined individual that is very responsible. I'm sorry if you're offended by what she wears when you duel with her, but perhaps you should grow up and mature a little bit?

This also shows how completely ... well whatever you are.

Handmaiden was Independant from the PC and only unless you had full influence did she even show signs of emotion. It was her races culture to spar like that so do not blame Obsidian for Echani (Lucas) Rituals.

Secondly if you want to talk about degrading females perhaps you werent so shocked about Visas submitting fully to you without much effort?

This is a stupid discussion... why am i even bothering?

(p.s no witty remarks why i did bother please Volourn :ermm: )

"1) The number of bugs in this game is insane. Insane."

2) No effort was made to fix the bugs that are on the Xbox. You just ported it directly to PC."

Lucasarts did the qa.

"3) While effort is put into the storyline at the beginning of the game, any props for that are destroyed by the game's ending."

How so? End is open ended and while some people doesn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

up until this part, your post was valid if those were indeed things you ran across.

once you showed your fanboism, your post lost credibility. not that im defending obsidian, but you do NOT know whether bioware could have done a better job given a 12 month development time table. you can assume, believe, wish, whatever. but you do not know for certain.

i don't care for bioware. But KOTOR was twenty times more highly polished than this game.

"So much anger. It's just a game."

It's just my money.

My handmaiden comment was more about how gratuitous it was to add a character like this to the game. I'm not commenting on the depiction of all women. It just degraded the quality of the game.

the randomness is broken. If the item description says only one exists, should 3 pop up??? Either remove the item description, or fix the dropping of these items. Clearly, bug testing was not a priority.

All you people blame LucasArts. It's a combination of both. Obsidian clearly had terrible planning - which is why they could not meet the deadline. They attempted too much, and ended up with a buggy, bad game. LucasArts is to be faulted for giving an impossible timeframe for the game.

The number of bugs is much worse in this game than Kotor 1.

i don't care for bioware.  But KOTOR was twenty times more highly polished than this game.

really? so the fact that some people needed atleast 3 (or however many they released) patches before they could even play the game at a decent standard was "polished"?

and regardless, im not defending or attacking bioware or obsidian. i just think its foolish when someone says "so and so can do a better job" when they have zero proof.

i don't care for bioware. But KOTOR was twenty times more highly polished than this game.

Bioware had enough time, OE didn't. Again, search the forums before posting.

KOTOR had 2 extra years development time so Bioware would have had a lot more time to get rid of bugs and polish the game than Odsidian who only had 12 months to develop KOTOR 2.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

i don't care for bioware.  But KOTOR was twenty times more highly polished than this game.

Tell that to the people who were in the Bioware forums the day it came out on the PC. Tell that to the people who returned the Xbox version because they got a total gamestopper on the leviathon.

When any game is released people flood the boards with complaints. You wont find a single PC game that someone or other dosnt complain is bugged to the gills.

Even peoples old favourites PST FO BG etc were buggy on release.

PC gaming is like a lottery some games work some games dont it's just not possible to test every configuration out there.

As for the Xbox well I've had no game stoppers in 4 games. It did freeze once but since the thing had been switched on for 15 hours thats more than understandable.

The game prior to Telos the return was worth 20 KOTORs.

Oh yes and read the item descriptions. Just because it's called Exar Kuns armour dosnt mean it is actually his. Ditto with most of the named stuff which can reoccur.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

once you showed your fanboism, your post lost credibility.  not that im defending obsidian, but you do NOT know whether bioware could have done a better job

Imagine two Ferraris - one red and one blue. The red Ferrari is beautiful, drives like

no other car and turns on a dime. Excellent. The blue Ferrari also looks great.

You look at the grill and the hood and wonder how fast it'll go. But when you get in

the car you realize it was rear-ended by a dumptruck, there are bullit holes in the

trunk and somebody's St Bernard peed all over the backseat. (You're gonna want

that fixed, right?)

Yes you have a point, we don't know if Bioware would've done a better job. But since

we don't hear from either LucasArts of Obsidian what are we supposed to think?

Would you not go with the company who produced the red Ferrari, even though

you had no idea of the circumstances under which it was made? I would.

I agree with Mr Buttfacepoop (whose name would earn him instant ban on my

board, but I digress) on the deplorable number of bugs in the game. Ending or no

ending, it feels as if I'm betatesting and I didn't sign up for that. As for the leftover

content, there's probably a good story there (Heh.. I mean who will blame who, not

the game story itself).

(There is also a lesson learned in not trusting all the sycophanting game publications

trying not to rub LucasArts the wrong way. Alas, that's the way the industry is these

days.)

Trumbo

[snip]

[snip]

Although her feelings and personality not being developed and dug as Bastila' were in kotor1, I didn't found the handmaiden that terrific. And I don't think she is meant to be a depiction of females, because of her role in the game, and her background (now, try growing up in a polar base, doing nothing but being trained -by a trainer as Atris can be- along with 5 other siblings in the art of combat every day of your life, and I'd like to see the results).

What did you find so bad about her? How is she 'gratuitous'?

*sigh* Everyone in this thread is a troll.

Anyone who thinks that KOTOR was as buggy as KOTOR2 is drunk.

People who think automatically that BIo would have no doubt done better than Obsidian are trolls. They might have; they might now have. We will never know.

Anyone who thinks that the reason why KOTOR was less buggy than KOTOR2 is because they had more time is stupid. Afterall, Obsidian had an already made engine, characters ready to go, story to cover, game play made while BIO started from scratch*. There's a reason why KOTOR1 had more time to be made than KOTOR2.

The random loot in this game is retarded. It's the worst I have seen in ANY game. Any game. Not since I was 10 years old,a nd dmed my first D&D camapign have I seen such poor loot tables.

Anyone whod ares bash Handmaiden in any way needs to be punished Handmaiden. She isa weosme, and I don't see how she degrades women. Afterall, a woman who can take care of herself in a fight is always a positive role model to me. not to mention she is honourable, trustworthy, and brave. All good qualities for young ladies to admire.

That is all.

P.S. People should really stop making exues for Obsidian while giving them ALL the credit for KOTOR2 and ignroing all of LA's positive contributions. Lame.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So, looks like I'm no troll, this time. :]

And yes. I'd never get tired of shouting out loud: gimme a Handmaiden (actually, THAT one Handmaiden) ANY DAY!!!

ps - and I'd really like Obsidian to be developing k3, and them being allowed to take their time, so they could prove what bloody great games they can make!!! (IWD, IWD2, PT anyone?)