Proof that Bioware = BG3?

sawyl

"Bioware aren't aggressively hyping Dragon Age, they really ain't."

They are as much as they can.

"Where are the drooling fanboi Dragon Age fansites? At the same early point in the NWN development cycle I remember reading at least three decent newsites (i.e. NWN Stratics) picking up NWN tidbits."

A. You better pay more attention. Those same NWN fansites *are* picking up DA tidbits.

B. A lot of NWN fanboys are worried that DA's toolset will be a lot more complicated to use espicially due to the lack of tilesets in the game. Pay attention and you'll see this stuff.

"Where are the reams of concept art and screenies? A modest selection has appeared, with the emphasis being on modest."

2 years away dude, and they have JE to hype which is out in 2 months, dude. Which do you think gets top priorty right now, dude?

"Where is the relentless hyperbole?"

WTH? Do you even pay attention before you babble? According to BIO; DA is the spiritual succor to KOTOR, NWN, and BG. It'll be their best game ever. Blah, blah, blah.

"Sorry, maybe a bit later, but right now DA doesn't have anywhere near the hype that NWN did."

It's still be hyped agreatd eal, and chances are once JE is released the DA hype will EXPLODE to EPIC proportions.

"Maybe it's because Bioware are now bigger and have stuff like Jade Empire to concentrate on. I dunno. I like to think it's because they over-egged the NWN process and learnt from that."

You are retarded.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

JE has been in top 10 or top 20 "Most Wanted Games" lists for 2005. Don't think they should be worried. However, if people think that JE is gonna sell as much as KOTOR or the D&D games; they are sadly mistaken.

My impression of seeing GameFAQs forums (that are console inclined) is that there are not many people looking for it, the GameFAQs JE forum area only have 2 pages as Fable (that been released at some time) have 15 pages and a social board.

Also my impression of JE BioWare forums is they are not many people there (they remind me of KotOR PC forums before release) and there is not much going on.

Yes Fable was hyped as hell but by Lionhead and not Microsoft

Perhaps I am wrong but I think BioWare screwed up in some of the hyping, take saying its more Shenmue that Morrowind for example that I dont think many RPG or even action RPG fans would like Shenmue combat and anoying "press button" action sequences ... I played Shenmue II and I grown bored with its repeating dialogue (its worst that Morrowind) and slow pacing ... it have a lot of good ideas but there is a reason why we dont have Shenmue III (and not only because it had Dreamcast graphics) ...

To say the true I dont think JE will do much well, I belived MS planed to use that game to boost sales in JPN area (remenber were it was anounced) but drop the idea and now concentrate their efforts in the Xbox II ... I also it was smart of then since JE will be as "inspired" in chinese mytology as FF XII will be inspired by Turkish culture.

drakron.png

http://mostwanted.gamespy.com/2005/top10/2.html

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6116286/p-4.html

Are just a few things that illustrate how JE is being hyped. This doesn't include the multitude of other articles being on JE..

That's not to say I think that JE will sell millions; but to say it isn't being hyped is just plain retardation.

"the GameFAQs JE forum area only have 2 pages as Fable (that been released at some time) have 15 pages and a social board."

Hilarity! You ae comapring a game that's been out for some months to one that isn't. Not to mention, virtually no game has been as hyped as much as Fable. :thumbsup:

"Alright Volourn, it being hyped but so far most people appear to not care much about Jade Empire."

Of course most people don't. That's true for every game. Afterall, let's say NWN sold 1 million copies. How many total gamers are there? 5 mil? 10 mil? 25 mil? Surely more than 1 mil. Safe to say that most gamers let alone people don't care about NWN either. Then again, you don't have to sell your game to most people.

Afterall, with JE, there's people like me who would buy it; but can't because they don't own a x-box anytime soon (unless the price is $100 or less).

I believe JE will be successful. I'd be surprised if it got KOTOR numbers though.

Maybe I'm being old-fashioned, but I see a considerable difference between legitimate marketing/ publicity and hype.

If we were being gentlemanly about it, hype in computer gaming terms usually equates to BS. Molyneaux admitted as much apres-Fable. Bioware, apres- Neverwinter, did not.

Compare and contrast with JE Sawyer, who apologizes even when his efforts are pretty good ::chuckles::

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

"Compare and contrast with JE Sawyer, who apologizes even when his efforts are pretty good ::chuckles::"

No. IWD2 sucked. It wa snot pretty good. Nice try; though.

"Maybe I'm being old-fashioned, but I see a considerable difference between legitimate marketing/ publicity and hype.

If we were being gentlemanly about it, hype in computer gaming terms usually equates to BS. Molyneaux admitted as much apres-Fable. Bioware, apres- Neverwinter, did not."

Molyneaux was a wuss for apologizing. BIO had, and has nothing to apologize for. Nice try; though.

"Haven't they remaindered X-boxes in Kanada, like they have in the UK? X-boxes are dirt cheap here for some reason."

Sadly, no. X-boxes are still over $200.

I don't Bioware is making BG3, for the reason that I doubt they want to work with Atari anymore... Last I heard Infrogrames isn't really doing too well financially, and they just sold the Civ series too.

I'm guessing they want to rush this new BG game out, (since their only other major money maker on the PC side is Unreal series and it's gonna be a while till the next UT comes out) and Bioware has risen to a prominent position where they can choose who to develop for and they wouldn't really want to rush out anything for anyone, kind of like how Blizzard is.

I don't Bioware is making BG3, for the reason that I doubt they want to work with Atari anymore... Last I heard Infrogrames isn't really doing too well financially, and they just sold the Civ series too.

I'm guessing they want to rush this new BG game out, (since their only other major money maker on the PC side is Unreal series and it's gonna be a while till the next UT comes out) and Bioware has risen to a prominent position where they can choose who to develop for and they wouldn't really want to rush out anything for anyone, kind of like how Blizzard is.

Well Bioware are working with Atari with NWN2 and continued support with NWN. I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Which is probably why it amkes sense for Atari to try to push Bioware into dveloping BG3.

BG3 + D&D + BIO = WINNAR!

Too bad lots of things in this world don't make sense. :p

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta