Proof that Bioware = BG3?

sawyl

On top of that only us forum geeks know what Jefferson was, the average BG player probably has never heard of Jefferson.

ramza would stage a one-man protest.

LOL!

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Baldur's Gate III: The Teeny Goat

:rolleyes:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

@Play: You're also working on a top secret project using the same engine Epic used for its latest Unreal game. Any chance you might be able to reveal a little more about this one for your fans?

GZ: Unfortunately we're not currently discussing the project that will be using the Unreal Engine 3 at this time. Again, watch for information in the near future.

LINKY

Didn't EA's propaganda machine mention something about "seeing the fear in the orc's eye" or somesuch?

Curiously enough as well: the "New Project" subsection on Bioware's page has lost the console-only and the information page it used to link to. WHAT COULD IT ALL MEAN?

How is confirming that their unannounced project is using the Unreal Engine 3 proof that its BG3?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Didn't EA's propaganda machine mention something about "seeing the fear in the orc's eye" or somesuch?

no, that was a statement regarding either DA from bioware or Oblivion from bethesda, I can't recall which. neither of which involves the BG license.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

no, that was a statement regarding either DA from bioware or Oblivion from bethesda, I can't recall which. neither of which involves the BG license.

taks

I thought this quote was about BG3, from John Hight in the PC Gamer article, I will have to take a look

Yep, here is the PC Gamer tidbit about BG3

"..When asked if the follow-up would stick with isometric perspective, John Hight, Atari Executive Producer, indicated that Atari wasn't "afraid to move the camera for cinematic effect. [Your viewpoint] will be immersive then the traditional isometric perspective and bring you closer to the action. You want to see the fear in the orc's eye as you blast him with a fireball, don't you?"

How is confirming that their unannounced project is using the Unreal Engine 3 proof that its BG3?

haha, it was a joke... :ermm: I thought, "You know, with all the crazy obsession about BG3 it would be funny." But I guess everytime this topic is mentioned people start frothing at the mouth. ;)

it was about BG3 from PCGamer, see above post.

we just seem to keep getting into arguments, taks. :p

Yep, here is the PC Gamer tidbit about BG3

"..When asked if the follow-up would stick with isometric perspective, John Hight, Atari Executive Producer, indicated that Atari wasn't "afraid to move the camera for cinematic effect. [Your viewpoint] will be immersive then the traditional isometric perspective and bring you closer to the action. You want to see the fear in the orc's eye as you blast him with a fireball, don't you?"

When blasting a fireball? I'd like to be anywhere else except looking at somebody's eyes when practically a TNT explodes next to it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think that if the U3-engine could be used for BG 3 it would spell only good things to the CRPG-community. Look at Oblivion. Looks good, doesn't it? Now picture that with having an argument about the best course of action eye-to-eye ith your mage, in first person view. And hearing the horde of skellies led by dread knights storming over the hills to attack you with 3D-sound. I like what I'm seeing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Now picture that with having an argument about the best course of action eye-to-eye ith your mage, in first person view."

I'm gonna post an almost Visc: If BG3 can only be played in 1st perosn view; I will *not* buy it.

That is all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

A few things to consider about Baldur's Gate 3.

1. It's Atari's call. They choose the developer. Of course, Bioware is by any objective standard a quality developer with lots of clout....almost too much clout perhaps. Atari seems to like pliable developers they can force to release buggy, unfinished rush-job products. Love 'em or hate 'em, Bioware doesn't fit the criteria there, does it?

2. Bioware is making Dragon Age. Now, almost moving onto a different issue, they ain't hyping it. In fact, it's almost under the radar (I think they've learnt their lesson from NWN, personally). Nonetheless, it is a huge project using an original IP which will no doubt spawn a number of XPs. It's hot property. It'll be a big hit. Not dissing Baldur's Gate as a franchise (I love the games), but would throwing huge resources and assets at a BG3 really fit into the new original IP/ not-afraid-of-consoles/ bullish direction Bioware is travelling in? I don't think it would.

3. There are plenty of developers who would love to take on BG3. Hell, look at what's happened to Fallout. That's the direction I can see BG3 going.

4. Obsidian should be leery if Atari offer it to them, for the reasons described above.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

1. This is just plain stupid talk.

2. Huh? BIO isn't hyping DA? You onc rack? the game is two years away and they've already announced it and talked about it with gaming sites. They're hyping it as much as they can.

3. Woopity do dah. Lots of people want to be millionaires; doesn't mean they'll get it. I'm sure in Atari's perfect world; they'd have BIO dveloping it for so many reason ala 1. BIO = $ 2. BIO can afford to cover development costs on their own so that would save Atari money which means less risk on them (less profit of course as well; but hey thems the breaks). 3. In spite of whatever differences BIO and Atari may have; they obviously seem to work well together or else why would BIO agree to host the NWN2 forums? Hmm...

4. Nonsense. BG3 = Insta Hit for Obsidian. Don't be silly.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bioware aren't aggressively hyping Dragon Age, they really ain't.

Where are the drooling fanboi Dragon Age fansites? At the same early point in the NWN development cycle I remember reading at least three decent newsites (i.e. NWN Stratics) picking up NWN tidbits.

Where are the reams of concept art and screenies? A modest selection has appeared, with the emphasis being on modest.

Where is the relentless hyperbole?

Sorry, maybe a bit later, but right now DA doesn't have anywhere near the hype that NWN did.

Maybe it's because Bioware are now bigger and have stuff like Jade Empire to concentrate on. I dunno. I like to think it's because they over-egged the NWN process and learnt from that.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Maybe it's because Bioware are now bigger and have stuff like Jade Empire to concentrate on.

You hit the nail on the head here - they're busy hyping Jade Empire to the stratosphere at present, but following its release in April, I'm sure they will start the DA hype around time for E3.