Request for MODERATION

I realize that Obsidian employees do not frequent these forums, but there are several user mods whose job should be to moderate. I am tired of seeing spoilers in this forum. As I type this, there are several threads with spoilers in their titles on the first page, and I've see dozens upon dozens of them over the past couple of days.

Thank you.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I realize that Obsidian employees do not frequent these forums, but there are several user mods whose job should be to moderate. I am tired of seeing spoilers in this forum. As I type this, there are several threads with spoilers in their titles on the first page, and I've see dozens upon dozens of them over the past couple of days.

Couldn't agree more.

The idea that Obsidian hates anyone is just a little bit laughable.

I agree with you, which is a bit scary. :) Of course Obsidian doesn't hate anyone, and they are probably as much aware of the game's shortcomings as anyone else... if not more.

Now (here's where we'll disagree again), their silence is probably because the rushing of the game is Lucasarts' fault, and Obsidian are bound by contract not to say anything bad about LA. Nor can they talk about patching plans or release patches themselves - I'm betting the contract says only LA can approve a patch, or even decide whether one is released at all.

As to moderators, yes, they should be here at least to move spoilers to their proper place.

Perhaps it was a sign he had finally been affected by the amount of unchecked spam... IIRC, something similar happened to ms. Teksuni, only with polls. :o"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I am tired of seeing spoilers in this forum. As I type this, there are several threads with spoilers in their titles on the first page, and I've see dozens upon dozens of them over the past couple of days.

Not to mention the numerous topics about "restoring" the ending of the game and "fixing" the ending. Those things should all be in one thread...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Thank you.

Totally agree. Looks like the inmates are running the asylum right now ... :wub:

Ahh yes now I remember the brutality of the Bioware moderators...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

We try to go though as much as we can. the problem is that so many people can't seem to post spoilers in the spoilers area, but in the general area. People also don't limit posting spoilers for this game into the general forum for KOTOR, but post in the general forum for Obsidian.

I have gone through before spent an hour or more moving spoilers, only to look again and see new ones.

Thank you.

i think its more a case of asking fellow forumers to actually use their head before posting.

ive commented on the ignorance of posters before about how they fail to post in the right forum. it isnt rocket science. they just choose not to post in the spoiler forum either because a)theyre too lazy b)theyre too stupid or c)both.

Btw, not that it'd change much, but how about sticking a 'forum rules and usage' thread here and in every other forum? Explaining where to post what, how to use html and UBB tags, what spoilers are and where they shouldn't be posted.

On this general subject, I think we could use a sticky or something about making new threads. A lot of people (most people? all?) seem to get the same error message in making a new thread (claims your thread didn't go through when it actually did) and so there are frequently 3-4 copies of the same new thread floating around until someone gets around to deleting them.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

A lot of people don't read stickies anyway.

With the people who are getting messages saying their post didn't go through, either they are reading the message wrong or they aren't giving it enough time. The other option is that there is a server glitch, though I haven't heard of any lately.

With the people who are getting messages saying their post didn't go through, either they are reading the message wrong or they aren't giving it enough time. The other option is that there is a server glitch, though I haven't heard of any lately.

It is NOT a problem of the poster. I've had it happen to me a few times, tho now I know that when I get that screen that it has posted, so I don't repost.

I'll get a screenshot (or someone else get one) if it happens again. It is clearly not the posters fault.

iirc, it doesn't say your post didn't go through, it's just a page of weird script.