WTF Bastila alive in Kotor 2?

An echo in the force?

You hear alot of roumers in KotOR2 about characters in KotOR, however that doesnt make them true. I think Obsidian did a wonderful job in makeing you question the information you were told by NPC's "Does this person know what there talking about? Is this person just trying to manipulate me? Is this person just sprouting common gossip?"

The only time you actualy -see- Bastila is when its apart of the test on Koroban, and even then its not a portrait of what happoned, mearly a rememberance at the inevitability of Bastilas actions.

Also you have to take into account there were so many twists and turns in KotOR that it would be almost impossable to account for every single possable outcome, mearly the most obvious ones, plus it had to also account for people that had never played KotOR.

In my first game of KotOR my DS character Killed Carth, Yet there he was commanding an army. *Shrugs*

Just have to roll with it, if you feel that your enjoyment of KotOR2 is somehow jarred by a bump in continuality from the first, play the first again leaveing yourself with an end that you know will flow smoothly into KotOR2.

While it may just seem like "A few more dialog options" to cover all the bases, the amount of snakeing that would create in the plot of KotOR2 to account for each choice with the NPC's in KotOR2 would be simply immense.

"The only time you actualy -see- Bastila is when its apart of the test on Koroban"

if you go lightside you get to see Bastilla and Carth having a conversation about Revan .. so it's not true to say that you only see her on Korriban

Fortune favors the bald.

An echo in the force?

You hear alot of roumers in KotOR2 about characters in KotOR, however that doesnt make them true. I think Obsidian did a wonderful job in makeing you question the information you were told by NPC's "Does this person know what there talking about? Is this person just trying to manipulate me? Is this person just sprouting common gossip?"

The only time you actualy -see- Bastila is when its apart of the test on Koroban, and even then its not a portrait of what happoned, mearly a rememberance at the inevitability of Bastilas actions.

Also you have to take into account there were so many twists and turns in KotOR that it would be almost impossable to account for every single possable outcome, mearly the most obvious ones, plus it had to also account for people that had never played KotOR.

In my first game of KotOR my DS character Killed Carth, Yet there he was commanding an army. *Shrugs*

Just have to roll with it, if you feel that your enjoyment of KotOR2 is somehow jarred by a bump in continuality from the first, play the first again leaveing yourself with an end that you know will flow smoothly into KotOR2.

While it may just seem like "A few more dialog options" to cover all the bases, the amount of snakeing that would create in the plot of KotOR2 to account for each choice with the NPC's in KotOR2 would be simply immense.

afaik bastila is on telos with carth later in the game. thats why i was kinda surprised since it wasnt any projection, echo or wotever. but well it really doesnt matter, your story with Carth beats mine :p

It depends what outcome you set for the previous game. If it dosnt match what you actually did then events will not be the same. However if you do the game is very good at keeping things consistent. It really depends if you realise the purpose of Attons initial questions or not..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

There's a simple explanation:

Bastilla was killed...but you are now seeing a clone.

How do I know this...because of the spelling of her name:

"BAASTILLA?"  Revan bleated sheepishly.  :rolleyes:

Hammer.

:p

Stop!

Hammer time!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Well, as I recall, all of the NPCs that didn't know any better, thought that Revan was dead. Anything can happen. She may not have been "all the way dead." One of the Jedi Knights may have thought that Revan was taking too long and could have stubbled across her on there way to make sure Revan didn't need any help. Remember, this is the Force we're talking about here. At this point, Malak himself could drop out of the sky and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

I've gotten a few back channel emails about my earlier post....thanks to those who enjoyed the humor...for those that are confused and outraged, there is an explanation:

In the Star Wars Universe..clones most always have an extra vowel added to their names.....Examples:

Luuke Skywalker-Luke's Clone from the Eye of Palpatine

Jor'uus C'Both-Jor'us Clone from the Champions of the Force

Etc.

You can generally tell you're dealing with a clone if it has an extra vowel and if that vowel is heavily stressed.

So I took the liberty of turning Bastila into Baastila...by adding a second 'a.'

With that name, I couldn't resist making a sheep reference....so I'm sorry if I offended any sheep lovers out there....but geez some of you need to lighten up!

Now hopefully you'll understand and stop emailing me????? :(

Hammer.

Well, as I recall, all of the NPCs that didn't know any better, thought that Revan was dead. Anything can happen. She may not have been "all the way dead." One of the Jedi Knights may have thought that Revan was taking too long and could have stubbled across her on there way to make sure Revan didn't need any help. Remember, this is the Force we're talking about here. At this point, Malak himself could drop out of the sky and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Monty Python meets KotOR... >_<

Maybe she didn't die... you were in a hurry to get malak, so you might have overlooked her death. i mean if she is as powerful as they say she is, i'm sure she'd survive that.

besides, speaking for all the guys here, she is pretty hot, isn't she? :wub: i liked it how they made it that she didn't die... but they should have overlooked that. then again the fact that KOTOR II was not the best game (not that i didnt like it, but the fact that they had to rush it out the door quickly and 'unfinished') and the time they had to have it out by was ridiculous cause you cant make a game like kotor that fast. <_<

KotOR II is half assumption (like with most sequel games) and half open.

I'll use Jedi Outcast as an example - that assumed you finished Jedi Knight as LS.

Now KotOR II was made so you choose how K1 ended, but it only went into as far as I know, they only had the 4 main combinations, Male/Female, Light/Dark. The rest they've assumed, and Bastila being kept alive is of them.

I've only played one game of K2 but if Carth is alive even if you choose Female/DS Revan, then that's an incorrect assumption.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I've played through twice and I didn't see Bastila at all playing DS. I did get the converstation with Carth and Bastila playing LS.

I think your conversations with Atton when you first meet determines the path the game takes.

If you give LS answers that Revan saved the Republic, then it's assumed he was LS in KOTOR, in which case Carth and Bastila should still be alive and well. If you were DS male however, Carth ran off like a little pansy and you didn't see him again. A pansy like that wouldn't become an "Admiral" :shifty:

Maybe she didn't die... you were in a hurry to get malak, so you might have overlooked her death. i mean if she is as powerful as they say she is, i'm sure she'd survive that.

besides, speaking for all the guys here, she is pretty hot, isn't she? :p  i liked it how they made it that she didn't die... but they should have overlooked that. then again the fact that KOTOR II was not the best game (not that i didnt like it, but the fact that they had to rush it out the door quickly and 'unfinished') and the time they had to have it out by was ridiculous cause you cant make a game like kotor that fast. <_<

I liked the game was just a little dissappointed in the small amount dialogue with npc's there were aside from kreia, perhaps it was not to take to much away from Kreia's character but nevertheless it surprised me considering how much dialogue options there been in their other games, also the dialogues werent building as much throughout the game, you had a set of dialogues to begin with then had to wait to end game for the last ones.

I for one had hoped for more romance with the women, ofcause Visas marr saying she loves you at end game it nice but leaves a big romance hole in between, just a thought!

Anyone else felt it like that?

I dident see bastila by the way maybe she only appears with male revan as light side?

I know with DS male you leave her behind to cut of all love bounds, because of some unknown threat in the outer rims that doesnt allow taking love ones with you.

Monty Python meets KotOR... :p

'Twas but a scratch.

Maybe Revan was so focused on the Malak fight that anyone else he/she killed at the end of the game survived unnoticed. LS Revan was just sloppy killing Bastila (that's how she managed to appear in the end cutscene) and DS F Revan didn't care enough to check Carth's pulse. Sure, that may seem like a stretch for our hero/villain, but Revan had a rough day up to that point.

For the lightside ending of KOTOR II, I'm curious what happens if you set a darkside Revan (though not quite curious enough to spend 30 hours finidng out). Obviously, you can't be heading to the rim to join him...

For the lightside ending of KOTOR II, I'm curious what happens if you set a darkside Revan (though not quite curious enough to spend 30 hours finidng out). Obviously, you can't be heading to the rim to join him...

You will If you choose DS Revan Kreia will tell youll Walk same Path as him helping him against some unknown threat at the outer rim that threatens the galaxy, she also says like Revan its a place where you have to abandon your loved ones to go, *sigh* and i so hoped for quality time with Visas Marr guess not :D.