This seems to be a question that people need...

It seems one of the items that people want to know is what occurred on Malachor V (sp?). If I recall, during the Mandalorian wars, the race was almost wiped out, and it was scattered (mandalorians). In essence, some populations of theirs were completely wiped out...devastated, destroyed.

From what I gather, your character was the one making these choices perhaps, either in conjuction with the two former Sith from KotoR 1, or by themself...and was in essence responsible for the nigh extinction of the race...perhaps a decision stemming from there...hence his crime would be even more terrible than percieved by some...for he in essence tried to commit genocide?

Other ideas or am I waaay off track do you think?

It seems one of the items that people want to know is what occurred on Malachor V (sp?).  If I recall, during the Mandalorian wars, the race was almost wiped out, and it was scattered (mandalorians).  In essence, some populations of theirs were completely wiped out...devastated, destroyed.

From what I gather in game, AND from KotoR 1, your character perhaps was responsible directly for the decision to eradicate them...and cause them to be out of commission so to say...and it deals directly with Malachor V?  I believe.

Anyone else gather this up?

This was explained in game.

Revan was off elsewhere, while your character was leading the soldiers on Malachor V. The Jedi/Republic forces were losing, but the Exile kept them fighting on because the place was critical to Revan's plans, or so the Exile believed. Bao-Dur, either at the blessing or direct command of the Exile, built the weapon that turned hte planet into what you see. It killed everything around from both sides, or near enough (there were some survivors, just not a whole lot). From what I understand, it killed by condensing everything and/or destroying the Force in the lifeforms.

Really?  I had gathered from the first game, and this one, that Revan was at Malachor V and whatever that weapon was, it was only part of the story....

Revan could have been at the planet when the weapon was used, I suppose, but KotOR II clearly states that Revan was not there by saying 'Revan was not there'.

What Canderous said in the first one probably meant it was Revan's strategies that defeated him at Malachor. A general doesn't have to be on a planet to fight there.

It seems one of the items that people want to know is what occurred on Malachor V (sp?).  If I recall, during the Mandalorian wars, the race was almost wiped out, and it was scattered (mandalorians).  In essence, some populations of theirs were completely wiped out...devastated, destroyed.

From what I gather in game, AND from KotoR 1, your character perhaps was responsible directly for the decision to eradicate them...and cause them to be out of commission so to say...and it deals directly with Malachor V?  I believe.

Anyone else gather this up?

This was explained in game.

Revan was off elsewhere, while your character was leading the soldiers on Malachor V. The Jedi/Republic forces were losing, but the Exile kept them fighting on because the place was critical to Revan's plans, or so the Exile believed. Bao-Dur, either at the blessing or direct command of the Exile, built the weapon that turned hte planet into what you see. It killed everything around from both sides, or near enough (there were some survivors, just not a whole lot). From what I understand, it killed by condensing everything and/or destroying the Force in the lifeforms.

But what I'm saying is that it did far worse than just that...but the entire war was boiled down to committing genocide?

Hence why the Jedi council were so opposed to it in the first place, that the Jedi didn't leave with the intent merely to defend, but to WIPE out the enemy...completely.

It was just there that the fruition of their plans began to be shown?

Malachor V was already the final battle, in terms of importance. The Mandalorians were broken, it was their last stand. But at the same time, the Exile was losing the battle there. Thus, as an act of desperation, he and Bao-Dur made the weapon and used it.

Maybe it didn't end the battle (in fact, its likely the Mandalore had forces on neighboring planets and in space beyond the range of the weapon), alone, but it killed a LOT of people from both sides and was a horrible thing. Based on the dialogue, the Exile and Bao-Dur did not expect that magnitude of destruction.

EDIT: The Council was against the war because they had not finished watching and thinking. They did not have a course of action yet, and so decided to wait. Had that happened, the Mandalorians would have killed billions more before they themselves were killed.

Bao Dur fills you in if you gain enough influence.

Revan was detained beyond Malachor 5 by Mandalorian Scout ships and the Exile and Baodur were in a last ditch battle with the Mandalorians.

Bao Dur had constructed a Mass Shadow Generator or bomb or something. While I can only speculate what it does, the poster Maria says that it caused a gigantic gravity hole, smashing everything within its range into the surface of Malachor.

Of course the weapon didn't distinguish the Mandalorians from the Republic so both sides were decimated though the Mandalorians got the most of it.

Malachor V was already the final battle, in terms of importance. The Mandalorians were broken, it was their last stand. But at the same time, the Exile was losing the battle there. Thus, as an act of desperation, he and Bao-Dur made the weapon and used it.

Maybe it didn't end the battle (in fact, its likely the Mandalore had forces on neighboring planets and in space beyond the range of the weapon), alone, but it killed a LOT of people from both sides and was a horrible thing. Based on the dialogue, the Exile and Bao-Dur did not expect that magnitude of destruction.

EDIT: The Council was against the war because they had not finished watching and thinking. They did not have a course of action yet, and so decided to wait. Had that happened, the Mandalorians would have killed billions more before they themselves were killed.

That's from the Exile's point of view. However, what if the reasoning wasn't just because the Exile went to defend people, but they veiwed it that the Mandalorians were such a grave threat that it was basically the enemy, or the republic...one or the other would have to be exterminated.

If that's how it appeared, that would explain why the Jedi council was EXCESSIVELY reluctant, perhaps even to the point which people wonder how they were even Jedi, in trying to debate their decision. If given the choice that they would probably have to commit genocide in order to win a war...would the Jedi council do such a thing?

I think perhaps it was that very question which made them sit and take no action...and why the exile's arguments in some ways have weight. They WOULD have taken no action if that was the choice, unless they could find a better alternative, but if no alternative presented itself. As you can do as the Exile, you can point out that billions would have died and the Republic would have fallen...

What do you think would be worse then that? Of course the Jedi Council knew this...and disagreed with Revan's, Malak's, and the Exile's reasonings. I get the idea that the genocidal tendencies weren't a new thing, and in fact, the struggle was that desperate as to make that the ultimate choice...a choice of them, or us.

I don't think the Jedi condone genocide...and hence the moral decision. Typically as we've seen in the Star Wars the Jedi can take rather quick action when circumstances dictate...so unless there was a very difficult dilemma (aka the decision of genocide) it seems unlikely that they would be paused over such a dramatic matter as the probable fall of the Republic unless they went to the aid of the Republic.

It's a Mass Shadow Generator. It generates a 'shadow' of mass, and with the mass comes a gravitational pull. The Mandalorian fleet, and quite a sizeable part of the Republic fleet too, was pulled from space onto the planet's surface, where they crashed. The planet, likewise, collapsed - creating the broken ruin you see when you arrive there.

When the remote reverses the generator, the planet begins to break apart and seperate - all that was holding it together was Bao-Dur's generator.

The whole thing was akin to dropping a nuke on a battlefield with troops from both sides still present. After being responsible for that, anyone can understand why the Exile would want to give up the war for good.