Bravo Obsidian!

Just, wow... Is all I can say.

I have never been physicaly moved while playing a Video game before, KotOR2 truly just raised the bar. When I played KotOR my thoughts upon dialogue and NPC conversations was forever changed, now once more Obsidian you have not only taken Biowares flag and raised it high but you placed it upon the top of an even higher mountain.

There were many points that I simply couldnt stop laughing (Mostly with Atton) moments where I was on the edge of my seat, biteing my finger nails waiting to see what happoned next and even one moment (Dont want to add any spoiler but Ill just say Visas near the end) that actualy got me all choked up.

The character interplay and dynamics for KotOR2 are simply breathtakeing, not only did you create wonderfully detailed personalities but they actualy seemed almost real to the point that playing KotOR2 became like reading a novel of your favorate characters.

As for the actualy choices and decisions you character could make, well... I actualy felt that every decision, from the smallest of charities to the greatest of atrocities all held a heavy weight to them which alter and effected the outcome of the story and my character place in the world.

While the game certainly has some downsides, a fair few major bugs, a few levels that seem just not up to par with some of the others, as well as some general balance issues of "boss" fights (far to easy) but over all the game was simply excelent.

I do long and wish for more interaction with the other party members, but the moments that I did get with each of them were certainly excelent. I guess much like a movie, no matter how much you love the character a bit part no matter how well acted will always be a bit part.

The ending I can see how many people could feel let down, but I truly dont think there is any way you could honestly end a game as intricate and immersive as KotOR2 and not feel disapointed that it had come to a close, no real way that you can end it on a climax that will do the shere amount of build up justice as the journey from begining to end takes raises your intreague and expectations to a point that it would be impossable to top it. So instead it forms to the classical standard of demimouar (sp?) and the greek style of doing its best to answer the most obvious questions, leaveing the rest to your imagination.

The fact that all of this was done in a year is mind blowing, granted it was an already existing game engine, and a large portion of sets and character were used from the origional but this actualy gave it a very nostalgic feel in some places which worked in KotOR2's favor. A single year for the abundance of plot, story, intreague, acting and everything else just... damn.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what Obsidian is capable of with a more realistic time frame, and im especialy looking forward to NWN2, while I have never once been able to sit through the official campaigns of NWN, SoU or HotU I am actualy looking forward to playing through the OC of NWN2 and seeing if it lives up to this bar of excelence.

KotOR2 is definatly going on my favorate games list, along with Daggerfall, Morrowind, Max Payne, Civilization & Elite. I have very high standards in my tastes, I dont normaly sing a companies praises but after just this moment finishing KotOR2 I couldnt help myself.

Best $52 I have spent in a long time.

Just, wow... Is all I can say.

I have never been physicaly moved while playing a Video game before, KotOR2 truly just raised the bar. When I played KotOR my thoughts upon dialogue and NPC conversations was forever changed, now once more Obsidian you have not only taken Biowares flag and raised it high but you placed it upon the top of an even higher mountain.

There were many points that I simply couldnt stop laughing (Mostly with Atton) moments where I was on the edge of my seat, biteing my finger nails waiting to see what happoned next and even one moment (Dont want to add any spoiler but Ill just say Visas near the end) that actualy got me all choked up.

The character interplay and dynamics for KotOR2 are simply breathtakeing, not only did you create wonderfully detailed personalities but they actualy seemed almost real to the point that playing KotOR2 became like reading a novel of your favorate characters.

As for the actualy choices and decisions you character could make, well... I actualy felt that every decision, from the smallest of charities to the greatest of atrocities all held a heavy weight to them which alter and effected the outcome of the story and my character place in the world.

While the game certainly has some downsides, a fair few major bugs, a few levels that seem just not up to par with some of the others, as well as some general balance issues of "boss" fights (far to easy) but over all the game was simply excelent.

I do long and wish for more interaction with the other party members, but the moments that I did get with each of them were certainly excelent. I guess much like a movie, no matter how much you love the character a bit part no matter how well acted will always be a bit part.

The ending I can see how many people could feel let down, but I truly dont think there is any way you could honestly end a game as intricate and immersive as KotOR2 and not feel disapointed that it had come to a close, no real way that you can end it on a climax that will do the shere amount of build up justice as the journey from begining to end takes raises your intreague and expectations to a point that it would be impossable to top it. So instead it forms to the classical standard of demimouar (sp?) and the greek style of doing its best to answer the most obvious questions, leaveing the rest to your imagination.

The fact that all of this was done in a year is mind blowing, granted it was an already existing game engine, and a large portion of sets and character were used from the origional but this actualy gave it a very nostalgic feel in some places which worked in KotOR2's favor. A single year for the abundance of plot, story, intreague, acting and everything else just... damn.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what Obsidian is capable of with a more realistic time frame, and im especialy looking forward to NWN2, while I have never once been able to sit through the official campaigns of NWN, SoU or HotU I am actualy looking forward to playing through the OC of NWN2 and seeing if it lives up to this bar of excelence.

KotOR2 is definatly going on my favorate games list, along with Daggerfall, Morrowind, Max Payne, Civilization & Elite. I have very high standards in my tastes, I dont normaly sing a companies praises but after just this moment finishing KotOR2 I couldnt help myself.

Best $52 I have spent in a long time.

Just curious, did you ever play KOTOR1?

4 times,

Light Side Male

Light Side Female

Darkside Male

Darkside Female

And I saved just at the end of each to replay every possable ending o:)

Hence the bit about :

When I played KotOR my thoughts upon dialogue and NPC conversations was forever changed, now once more Obsidian you have not only taken Biowares flag and raised it high but you placed it upon the top of an even higher mountain.

Right at the very begining.

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Fallout 1&2 - I know its practicaly blasphomy to say, but I didnt actualy like the Fallout games all that much, they were good, very good but Im not one for neo apocolyptica setting. I am however looking forward to seeing what bethesda does now they own the rights. I Hear Todd is an avid Fallout fan so If nothing else, it will be a fans spin from a company that is legendary for there open ended games.

Baldur's Gate 1&2 - Played Both to death also "Butt kicking for Goodness!" How could any self respecting gamer not know Boo?

Planescape:Torment - Havent played it, but Im a huge PnP Planescape & Spelljammer fan and I really dont think a Video game could do it justice. But it may be worth a look at if I see it kicking around.

Planescape:Torment - Havent played it, but Im a huge PnP Planescape & Spelljammer fan and I really dont think a Video game could do it justice. But it may be worth a look at if I see it kicking around.

Try it. :(

It's much deeper than KotOR2, and much more well done (and considering that KotOR2 is the best thing I've played in a long time, that's a huge complement).

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

KOTOR2 is a much easier replay for me because I always seem to do it differently - the first time through I never even got to talk to Atris about my lightsaber. And once, I *almost* convinced her to give it back. It wasn't enough though, because I kept disagreeing with her and pushing my point.

I feel like in some ways it was worth more than $50, even if the ending leaves much to be desired in certain aspects.

Fnord.

Hmmm... very high praise there, I may well have to check it out.

The last game I played that I could in all honesty say was deeper and richer than KotOR2 would have been Morrowind, and Before that Daggerfall.

Dont think KotOR2 actualy could compare to either of those but its definatly up there somewhere as the most enjoyable game Ive played in a very long time.

It was like reading a Choose your own adventure book, with some of the greatest dialogue and plot you could think of, topped off with the cherry of the Starwars cannon. So all in all Im still very impressed.

:(

As for replay value, Im actualy very much looking forward to playing this again with many different classes and Lightside/Darkside combos.

Where as with KotOR going through it once was great, again as the opposite alignment was ok... but a 3rd or 4th time was like pulling teeth.

Planescape: Torment is a wonderful game I would recomend to anyone. It doesn't have a morbid streak, so you are forewarned if you find such things repugnant.

As for the ending, the ending of a good game always leaves a bit of an empty feeling. "Leave them wanting more", as the cliche goes. However, there is a difference between and ending that "leaves them wanting more" and an ending that "leaves them" going "WTF happened?"

Planescape: Torment is a wonderful game I would recomend to anyone. It doesn't have a morbid streak, so you are forewarned if you find such things repugnant.

As for the ending, the ending of a good game always leaves a bit of an empty feeling. "Leave them wanting more", as the cliche goes. However, there is a difference between and ending that "leaves them wanting more" and an ending that "leaves them" going "WTF happened?"

The ending action of Torment had closure, I think. But the story itself did not feel resolved to me at the time, much like how KOTOR2's story does not feel resolved to some of the gamers here. :ermm:

But yes, an excellent RPG. Like all good RPGs it makes you question what you believe.

Fnord.

PST was a great game. Only thing I disliked about it was the combat.

I really really enjoyed KotoR 2 as well. I have to say however, the puzzles were a little to tough in some regards, and I was stuck at some points. There was also the thing where some of the areas seemed a little sparse as far as design goes. The areas of KotoR 1 seemed more full of life somehow which KotoR 2 seemed lacking. KotoR 2 was a great game however, I didn't like it as much as KotoR 1, but KotoR 2 beats the heck out of just about anything I've played recently.

I've played all the BI games when they were out, but I too didn't really care for Fallout when I finally tried it. It just wasn't a game I enjoyed much...but I did enjoy all of the other BI games...even Lionheart, though perhaps LH would be more towards the bottom of the list.

But KotoR 2 is definately a good game. I'll add my accolades and bravo here as well.