Forms - what exactly do they do?

I haven't found any quantitative information on the effect of the different light-saber fighting styles (forms?). The qualitative info in the manual and game is good, but anyone figured out the numbers?

go to the menu and then to the force powers section. go down to where the forms are and it has the stats.

You get each form from a Jedi master (that is the advanced forms).

Weapon Masters get a unique one and consulars get 3 unique ones but less weapon forms.

Niman is usually the last one you will get. Unless you are a weapon master then you get Joyu I think.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

What forms do is make an already easy game even easier. I ignored forms completely my first time, until about two-thirds of the way through I found (for the first time) an opponent I couldn't beat with one hand tied behind my back. So I found the appropriate form and it became easy again.

I remember the two big monsters in on Korriban in Kotor 1, where I had to run past them, pull a level to open a door, and hide in the next room firing blaster shots at them because they could kill me in three blows.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What forms do is make an already easy game even easier.  I ignored forms completely my first time, until about two-thirds of the way through I found (for the first time) an opponent  I couldn't beat with one hand tied behind my back.  So I found the appropriate form and it became easy again.

I remember the two big monsters in on Korriban in Kotor 1, where I had to run past them, pull a level to open a door, and hide in the next room firing blaster shots at them because they could kill me in three blows.

the only ones that count are ataru and shien forms...

ataru increases threat range by one point..

shien quadruples critical hit multiplier...using master power attack, and two keen lightsabres, my consular weapon master str build can sometimes hit for 240 points IN A SINGLE HIT... :ermm:

Guest Damar Stiehl

Force Channel is ridiculous, especially if paired with Regenerate Force Points feat. The only form a Consular needs, really, because you never run out of FP and your powers hit like a sledgehammer.