Obsidian are making a patch

Obsidian is making a patch...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

This is great news, hopefully it'll get rid of the bugs that plague this fine game. I doubt they'll restore the ending, though, but you can always hope.

I can *cope* with the ending as it stands (providing they just say "your party members are *so n so*, in the meantime go to he academy and fight Traya)- but I do think they need some more "explaining what the hell is going on" in the climax as opposed to the "uh, why am I here? what am I doing? how does my character know he's called Darth Nilihus, how does he know the ship is called the Ravager? huh?" moments.

I was not correcting, sorry for the confusion...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Realistic expectation of patch:

- fix 45 mniute crash bug

- fix the broken force powers

- fix the various minor but still irritating bugs (like if I use an NPC to unlock something and then switch back to the PC my PC and the NPC swap locations)

Dream Fixes:

- add in the cut quests (you know the ones [not mentioning them because of spoilers])

- Improve game play performance and generally overhall it so it runs much better

- Improve some of the poor textures in the game

Wildest Dream Fixes:

- "Fix" the ending

- Add in a KOTOR2 equivalent of Yavin IV

- Add in extra items

Totally Trippy Wildest Dream Fixes:

- Make the game as it could have been - including the hints that certain characters were destined originally to play a greater role in events (trying not to spoil)

- fix the various minor but still irritating bugs (like if I use an NPC to unlock something and then switch back to the PC my PC and the NPC swap locations)

Dream Fixes:

- add in the cut quests (you know the ones [not mentioning them because of spoilers])

- Improve game play performance and generally overhall it so it runs much better

- Improve some of the poor textures in the game

Wildest Dream Fixes:

- "Fix" the ending

- Add in a KOTOR2 equivalent of Yavin IV

- Add in extra items

Totally Trippy Wildest Dream Fixes:

- Make the game as it could have been - including the hints that certain characters were destined originally to play a greater role in events (trying not to spoil)

:ph34r: A (wo)man, a (many) WordS! :ph34r:

It would be nice if you can get a look at the stats of your members,

when youre inside the hawk.

[text snip]

one more:

- fix the 'force-speed, run-around-then-map-lags-and-I-find-myself-travelling-through-walls-and-on-the-opposite-side-of-the-map' bug.

We can assume that The Ravager was some sort of flagship OR a symbol of some sort we never got to know ingame or I was too blind to...

The patch should have the missing HK factory AND all the content that was cut(HK hints to the fact that he can unlock the Security panel on Ebon Hawk but for a strange reason AFTER you get to make him tell who was his original master he still "doesn`t know" who he was when asked to mimic his voice - smells like cut stuff)

Also fix what it should`ve been(I suspect that at M5 there should`ve been quests for every character not only Mira) and also the ending with all the NPC`s

and do something with the lag on Dantooine

Is Obsidian making the patch, or LucasArts? I thought it was usually the publisher that was responsible for patches.

This was always the problem with Temple of Elemental Evil, that Troika didn't make a patch because it was Atari's job.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hmm, and this announcement comes, what, less than 2 weeks after the US PC release?  Not bad for a small developer.

Chris posted in another thread that they(Obsidian) were quite busy with the patch. Probably some performance issues and bug-related stuff though, just don't expect the droid factory, a whole new ending and a re-mastered soundtrack to be included.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Ravager was at Malachor 5.

Yeah, and could you tell one Star Destroyer from another? Or one X-Wing from another even? I mean, I doubt it was the ONLY ship of its kind at Malachor V. Maybe it was. *shrug*

Hopefully one of the General's fighting on the planet could.

Regardless of this, you're right - the ending that we found in the source files is far superior to the one that they tried to sell us.

The Ravager was at Malachor 5.

Yeah, and could you tell one Star Destroyer from another? Or one X-Wing from another even? I mean, I doubt it was the ONLY ship of its kind at Malachor V. Maybe it was. *shrug*

Hopefully one of the General's fighting on the planet could.

Regardless of this, you're right - the ending that we found in the source files is far superior to the one that they tried to sell us.

Each ship transmits an ID signature so they could've deduced it was the ravager from that. Much like everyone knew what the Ebon Hawk was about through it's ID.

They changed the font from blue to gold-yellow on the main page :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy