KOTOR2 PC patch on the way!

I don't want to start playing over...unles I'll have to wait months for the patch, so a date would be nice.

And I agree with previous posts, "Patch Coming SOON!" on the front page, in bold colored letters, seems like a subtle "STFU" to all of us.

I disagree. They're working on the patch, and won't know it's done until Obsidian tests it and know it fixes the issues they say it does on a variety of hardware. Then they need to send it to Lucasarts so that Lucasarts can test the patch and approve it. If the patch is approved, then Lucasarts will release it. So you can se that there are a lot of variables involved that make knowing when it will be done difficult. I myself believe 'soon' means this week, certainly by the end of the month.

After all..we don't want to give them a hard deadline for the patch. That's why the game is screwed up in the first place: Because Lucasarts wanted the game out for holiday sales, done or not.

lol one patch can't fix everything.  link?

Indeed. Kotor took 3 patches to run how it does, so those who were expecting SL to run as well as kotor did have got another 2 patches to wait, at least.

And personally even then I don't think it'll run as well.

Dont forget this is Obsidian making the patches...not BioWare...so it could all be fixed in this patch. Then again.... looking at what state the game is in now...it could be quite a few. :(

What a great day for Star Wars Fans :p

The patch is finally announced, as well as a concrete day for the EP3 Trailer!

Where is the trailer announcement? I could not find it anywhere on the official site.

Hmmmmm.....maybe they'll release a patch to fix that! >_<:lol:"

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

What a great day for Star Wars Fans :rolleyes:

Where is the trailer announcement? I could not find it anywhere on the official site.

The full Episode 3 (2mins 42 secs) trailer will be shown on the 11th March. It will be shown at the begining of Robots, only in America though :p

you guys get all the fun

that trailer will be out on the net 5 mins after it hits the cinemascreen =P

Yup, have to agree. I wouldn't be surprised if it was out on internet minutes after live aired time. All in high res HDTV with AC3 surround sound and NFO file giving you background story of every frame... ;)

Hmmm... Now if we could only have some info from Obsidian about their patch, life would be great... :)

Yay! I truly love KoTOR II... dare I say, I love the innovative concepts and the daring gameplay styles even better than KoTOR I in many cases... but my great little PC was not immune to several annoying bugs that kept me from seeing a lot of cutscene movies, stunned NPC's into a "no new dialogue" loop that I KNOW was not the way they were originally written and... worst of all!... kept me from meeting Carth after my trip to the Ravager!!

I miss Carth. I so wanted to see him again. *sob*

My only question now (besides an anxious "what will it fix?") is how soon is "soon?" :)

Yay!  I truly love KoTOR II... dare I say, I love the innovative concepts and the daring gameplay styles even better than KoTOR I in many cases... but my great little PC was not immune to several annoying bugs that kept me from seeing a lot of cutscene movies, stunned NPC's into a "no new dialogue" loop that I KNOW was not the way they were originally written and... worst of all!... kept me from meeting Carth after my trip to the Ravager!!

I miss Carth.  I so wanted to see him again.  *sob*

My only question now (besides an anxious "what will it fix?") is how soon is "soon?"  :-

It's probably gonna be a while.. Considering their only info is "Patch coming soon" which could translate into "Leave us alone"

What a great day for Star Wars Fans :lol:

The full Episode 3 (2mins 42 secs) trailer will be shown on the 11th March. It will be shown at the begining of Robots, only in America though >_<

you guys get all the fun

theres an episode three trailer you can watch on the star wars website!

What a great day for Star Wars Fans :)

The full Episode 3 (2mins 42 secs) trailer will be shown on the 11th March. It will be shown at the begining of Robots, only in America though :lol:

you guys get all the fun

theres an episode three trailer you can watch on the star wars website!

That is the teaser trailer...we are talking about the full length trailer >_<

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...=31417&tstart=0

Hi all,

We know that everyone has been waiting for some word on when and how we would address some of the issues with the PC version of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

As of Tuesday we have a "patch candidate" in QA for verification. It will take several days to test and verify all the fixes, and to make sure that the patch plays nice with all system configs etc. We hope to release the patch very shortly - check back here for any updates. We're not providing a date for fear that we find another issue that needs to be addressed, and the patch would need to be pushed back. LucasArts and Obsidian are both working diligently to get the patch together and released as soon as possible.

We anticipate the patch being available for all language versions on or around the same day. We also hope to post a patch list that documents the changes that you can look for when installing the patch.

Finally, thanks for your patience, and we hope that you enjoy the game.

Mike Gallo

LucasArts Producer

2-24-05

"I felt a disturbance in the Force" So I come here and low an behold their is a patch at QA. Hope that everything goes well and this patch gets out in another week or two. Don't want to rush the QA department like so unknown Sith... er suit did last year.

(reclines and waits patiently for patch)

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?th...=31417&tstart=0

. We're not providing a date for fear that we find another issue that needs to be addressed, and the patch would need to be pushed back. LucasArts and Obsidian are both working diligently to get the patch together and released as soon as possible.

Mike Gallo

LucasArts Producer

2-24-05

Heh, ah if only they'd taken this approach to the release of the game itself, alot of things could've been avoided. Still: Nice to see they're admitting that there are things that needs to be fixed.

They so better fix Nar Shadda and its thousand bugs! This planet have soooo many bugs!.

Atm i cant progress my game cuz of some uber lame bug (kreia heals hanharr, game loads up Atton which arent suppose to = party appears dead bla bla).