lost, so lost

OK, here are my video card specs;

Brand/Model Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller

Resolution 1024x768 pixels

Colors 16 million

DirectX version 5.03.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

OpenGL version 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Acceleration options Enabled

Performance 178.8 MP/s (107% of 2466 similar)

The game crashes. plain and simple, I can create a character, but once the game itself starts, it crashes....

can someone please tell me what (if anything) I can do to fix this problem. I just paid 50 bucks for a game I dont think I will be able to use now, which just sucks!

thank you!

I also forgot to add that when I click on the disable movies in the config. panel, the game starts, but again, once I make a character and the game gets ready to load, it crashes totally....I can hear a ship or something for a few seconds, then nothing, it crashes....

please advise....thanks everyone....

I seem to remember someone posted about a way to get the game to work with an 865.  Have a search and you should be able to find it.  Remember that your graphics card isn't officially supported though, and performance will be slow at best.

I just did that but the search is so open and vague I dont know where to start...any ideas anyone?

I've been told that the game always crashes on the 82865G graphics controller at startup. But if you load a save, you can play past there. There's a funny video effect at the beginning which might be crashing the game (T3-vision), so I don't know if you could finish the game or not.

If you described your starting character, someone could start a game, email you a savegame, and you could play from there.

Edit: sooner or later you should think about a vidcard. The 82865G is actually a pretty good chip, as on-board video goes, but it's really not a long-term solution.

I've been told that the game always crashes on the 82865G graphics controller at startup. But if you load a save, you can play past there. There's a funny video effect at the beginning which might be crashing the game (T3-vision), so I don't know if you could finish the game or not.

If you described your starting character, someone could start a game, email you a savegame, and you could play from there.

Edit: sooner or later you should think about a vidcard. The 82865G is actually a pretty good chip, as on-board video goes, but it's really not a long-term solution.

would you be willing to do that for me?

I havent really created a character, but I would like to be a Jedi Sentinal and you culd create a "quick" character for me.....

look dont matter really either....except Id like to be one of the characters w/ longer hair, prefer a male too.....

thanks....

I havent really created a character, but I would like to be a Jedi Sentinal and you culd create a "quick" character for me.....

does this help anyone at all to understand my problem and how to fix it?

Name Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572&SUBSYS_019D1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&10

Adapter Type Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller

Adapter RAM 96.00 MB (100,663,296 bytes)

Installed Drivers ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version 6.14.10.3889

INF File oem17.inf (i865G section)

Color Planes 1

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1024 x 768 x 60 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xEFFFFFFF

Memory Address 0xFEB80000-0xFEBFFFFF

I/O Port 0x0000ED98-0x0000ED9F

IRQ Channel IRQ 16

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\ialmnt5.sys (6.14.10.3889, 720.58 KB (737,874 bytes), 12/31/1979 11:00 PM)

look dont matter really either....except Id like to be one of the characters w/ longer hair, prefer a male too.....

thanks....

I tried rolling back my drivers and that did nothing either except make my screen look really odd when I tried to start the game. I wish I had more knowledge of this stuff...

can someone please walk me through this so I can try to fix this problem so I can play the game? The thought of just wasting 50 bucks makes me sick.....

does this help anyone at all to understand my problem and how to fix it?

Name Intel

AFAIK this problem is unsolvable until Intel puts out a new driver. It may not be solvable at all, depending on how well the 82865G can do OpenGL 1.4.

If you want to try the savegame route, email me your preferred class, stats, skills, feat and name (head choice if you can describe it).

I just did a search on EBay for graphics cards. You can find some real nice 128MB NVidia cards for $10. AGP cards. The specific one I saw was the GeForce 4400. It might be an idea you want to look at. :thumbsup:

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

I have to agree. I can think of a half dozen recent games that have nasty problems with Intel onboard graphics. A new low end or used mid-end video card would not only improve compatibility, but things would run MUCH faster in any 3D game or program.

I used to have a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 and it ran KOTOR 1 beautifully.

I just did a search on EBay for graphics cards.  You can find some real nice 128MB NVidia cards for $10.  AGP cards.  The specific one I saw was the GeForce 4400.  It might be an idea you want to look at.  :ermm:

AOpen PA256 MX/II 32MB GeForce II AGP Card

How about this card? Know anything about it? would it make the game run and is it better than what I have?

thanks guys!