F*** SAKE! WE ARE GETTING IMPATIENT!!

i am now officially pissed off, where the hell is the patch? the fixes? why are THE USERS expected to fix everything and you lot just being quiet, say a word, let us know atleast you are DOING SOMETHING, atleast when somethin goes wrong in other places, FOR example valve, they give you an announcement and the status or the latest news on the particular problem you are having, whats the matter? working on kotor3 already? :rolleyes:

Or is the number of bugs tooo overwhelming? thats what ya got beta testers for, TO TEST FOR F********* BUGS!

anywho, please fix this problem, as i am one of many MANY MANY MANY MANY purchasers annoyed.

Kotor 1 worked fine on my system, why shouldnt this?

Nothing has changed about the visual effects, which i dont really give a damn about, but hey.

i am now officially pissed off, where the hell is the patch? the fixes? why are THE USERS expected to fix everything and you lot just being quiet, say a word, let us know atleast you are DOING SOMETHING, atleast when somethin goes wrong in other places, FOR example valve, they give you an announcement and the status or the latest news on the particular problem you are having, whats the matter? working on kotor3 already?  :rolleyes:

Or is the number of bugs tooo overwhelming? thats what ya got beta testers for, TO TEST FOR F********* BUGS!

anywho, please fix this problem, as i am one of many MANY MANY MANY MANY purchasers annoyed.

Kotor 1 worked fine on my system, why shouldnt this?

Nothing has changed about the visual effects, which i dont really give a damn about, but hey.

I thought you said that they wouldn't answer ......lol

The patch will obviously come as soon as possible. I prefer waiting a month to get a patch which solves all issues than two weeks to get a patch which fixes some things and broke some other.

The most logical reason why the Devs haven't said anything is probably because they are contractually bound by LA to NOT discuss anything that has not been approved by LA and that most likely includes patch announcements and WIP (Work in Progress) reports.

In addition, let's consider a "Kriea" scenario here:

Obsidian KNEW they didn't have enough time to finish the game in one year and LA was rushing them to meet a Christmas '04 release toward the end. So, they did the best they could and handed off the RC (Release Candidate) to LA for QA testing (that either QA did or did not do, or did very briefly for legal obligations; "Hey it works on an Nvidia and ATI, PC it therefore must work on everyone's systems!).

Now the game is released... What should Obsidian do? What can they do without breaching their contract that probably says no dicussion of things that haven't been cleared through LA first?

Does Obsidian:

A) Violate the terms of the contract and post on these boards to ease tension between the angry fans who paid $50 USD (or more) for this game and assure them a patch is coming, yet not state what will be in the patch? Or if a patch has even been put in the LA approval system? Make promises that they can't keep like patch contents and a ETA on the patch (weeks; end of the month; etc.)?

Does Obsidian risk being sued to help and maintain the fanbase -- which may or may not be the best course of action here -- Thus, at least keeping a good reputaion among gamers if nothing else?

B) They say nothing because either there is nothing to report (the patch hasn't been approved by LA to even start to be worked on) and risk damaging their reputation among gamers in favor of keeping their relationship with LA and future publishers and franchises who will keep Obsidian working and put money in their pockets more than any gamers could?

----

It is a tough call either way if you are Obsidian.

It is a lose-lose situation because ultimately, it is in-action being taken and that leads to action being taken by consumers who decide they will not buy another Obsidian made game...

BUT it hurts Obsidian MORE than LA as LA is just the publisher and isn't putting their skills (coding, art, writing, voice, music) on the line and stands less to gain since Obsidian is working FOR Lucas Arts and not the other way around. It sucks, but this is the reality of the PC Games industry right now as Publishers rule and developers are at their mercy if they want to survive.

Legally LucasArts will have them in a very tight corner - games contracts are incredibly restrictive, and it's entirely possible that Obsidian are restricted from discussing features of the game (remember LucasArts actually own the product, Obsidian are contracted to develop it for them). It's entirely possible that they aren't allowed to discuss it. From past experience LA are fine with patching games (unlike some I could mention) but they aren't necessarily quick to do it. I honestly think that since the devs don't post in this forum they aren't allowed to discuss these aspects (or they're keeping the arses covered, which also makes sense)