First Bungie, now Obsidian?! Stop the MADNESS!!!

I want to role-play my character. Not other characters. I want to interact with thme; not be them.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Although I agree with the cinematic feel, it IS an RPG and NOT a movie.  The point of that being that the player has a lot more control and a feel of ownership of a particular character (the protagonist).  Occasionally splitting the groups is one thing, but I want to predominately be playing my character.  If a sequel is made, I'd vastly preferred if they cut back on the times you are forced to play their characters only.

Exactly. Well said.

but bruce since you have annoyed me so much with ur out right complaining and ur annoying good literacy skills, im gonna say somethin.

#1 u only have about 6 posts, that means u just got the game, which probly means u have played it a grand total of about 1. be4 complainin, play it again u egotistical bastard. (i can use big words to).

#2 The character switching was meant for u to put more influence into ur pc, by playing them, you become- if u play it right more interested in the pc and therefore gain more influence and powers from them AKA-kreia and Visas.

#3 if you dont like the pc switching so much then dont u think its a good thing they did it k2 rather than k3

Thread has been pruned. I would request that the derisive posting behaviour end now or the Big Green might have to get up and do some policing ...

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

but bruce since you have annoyed me so much with ur out right complaining and ur annoying good literacy skills, im gonna say somethin.

#1 u only have about 6 posts, that means u just got the game, which probly means u have played it a grand total of about 1. be4 complainin, play it again u egotistical bastard. (i can use big words to).

#2 The character switching was meant for u to put more influence into ur pc, by playing them, you become- if u play it right more interested in the pc and therefore gain more influence and powers from them AKA-kreia and Visas.

#3 if you dont like the pc switching so much then dont u think its a good thing they did it k2 rather than k3

I sent you a nice little private message to deal with your other moronic comments in your previos posts, but I will answer this one directly.

1.) if you think egotistical is a big word worthy of praise, you're vocabulary is limited indeed. And if by mocking my 6 posts you mean to draw attention to your momentous 600+ posts ( :) ), I must wonder, how many of thes 1337 posts you have made are of the "I-Pod" and "****" variety? For you, posting on a web forum is an oppurtunity for you to ruffle your feathers of stupidity like some kind of badge of honor, and I can honestly say I am hardly impressed by such displays.

So run along little boy, and try to work on your Jay and Silent Bob impersonation, because as of right now, you don't compare in the slightest. If I were you I would be ashamed of the idiocy you have displayed, but shame eludes simpletons like yourself.

2.) Your argument about the influence system is broken. If I am to make decisions for my NPC, what need is there for an influence system? They are meant to be accesory pieces to my party, which the PC is the core, so to focus on them is pointless without the PC.

3.) What does this mean? "if you dont like the pc switching so much then dont u think its a good thing they did it k2 rather than k3". Please enroll in some English classes, and learn how to formulate comprehensive sentences. :(

O.K. since I'm relatively new, I can give an unbiased response to the bickering that seems to be going on between Mr. Dickenson and Mr. Anakin. Mr. Dickenson you seems to overly critical and somewhat of an a**hole. You need to take a deep breath and calm down. It's just a stupid game. Just ignore posters who try to undermind you. It is their intention to get your attention and if you ignore them, it'll piss them off. I know that from experience.

Mr. Anakin, you seem to be a little immature. Mr. Dickenson is correct is saying that your post count is no badge of honor. It is no indication of superiority over other members. So, don't use it to feed Mr. Dickenson's anger. He's already pissed off enough. Whether it's the game that has angered him or he's alway like that, let's keep things civil.

Well, now that I've expressed my opinion of others, I feel that I should express my opinion of the game.

Simply put, I loved playing as my party members. I loved playing as Atton, as the three that raided Freedon Naad's Tomb, as Mira, Hanharr (badass), and even as the two that rescued the Exile on Goto's Yacht. AND playing as Remote was cool, considering than I'm an over achiever who always kills every bad guy, and beast.

It definately made the game more interesting. I remember in KotOR 1, when captured by the Leviathan, it was so much fun to play as someone other than MY character. I just thought to myself," I wish there more parts of the game like this." and damn if I didn't get my wish with this game. If I was stuck with the main character in my party the whole time, I'd probably only give this game a 62%, but since this game is the way it is, I give it a 73%. It's great to rely on the other charaters. It allows you get know the characters better because I have a tendency to use the same ones over and over again.

There is ABSOLOUTELY NO WAY that you can compare Kotor 2 to Halo 2. Halo 2's story was so unbelievably hard to follow because of all the gaps spent between the two characters. You play as Master Chief, then play as the Alien, then go back to Master Chief with no idea of what happened the last time. K2's gaps are short, sweet, and had little to do with the main story.

I do agree that K2's ending stunk, especially knowing what I know about the stuff that was cut, but Halo 2's craptastic ending was on another level.

Personally I liked changing to other characters in the game, with the exception of Mira - trying that part was almost possible, she was so weak she almost died in every fight, and I had to wait ages for her to heal after every one because I kept running out of medpacks.

hehe .. yeah I was really getting beaten as her too! but luckily I had some good shields and alot of Medpacs..

and then it felt almost ridiculously easy when I was the Exile again .. I felt like Sir Lancelot in 'Monty Pythons Quest for The Holy Grail', where he kills all those wedding guests! :)

That's how I felt, too! (w00t)

I thought that after playing through the same part with Mira, Hanharr's part was a breeze because he can reduce damage through wookie rage. :( Maybe being darkside isn't so bad, but I'm still an avid fan of the light. ;)

Fnord.

I no like playing my not character...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.