Should the "real" ending be restored?

Should the "real" ending be restored?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "real" ending be restored?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Theres a pretty easy way to check. Look at the date for printing the official strategy guide because if it was printed prior to that date and it dosnt include any of the missing material then it was longer than two weeks before that ending was dropped. Normally VOT is done is blocks. You get your artist in , they do the lines with the director and then they go home. Even if this happened 6 months into the project there is no guarentee you would be able to get your VOT back and re record a less grusesome ending because if you look at the credit list these are some of the top animated VOT and they are always doing cartoons and whatever else.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Dehumanizer, while I am also displeased with the ending as is, I can't help but wonder if you actually care for the opinions of anyone here unless they coincide with your own. You can call it being "open minded" or "thought provoking" but your repetitive statements seem to indicate that you're not really looking for honest opinions, just for people to agree with you.

As for my thoughts, I've beaten the game on the PC 3 times now, and I've learned to deal with the ending and all of its cut stuff. In all honesty I was ticked off at first but there's not a whole lot that can be done about it now, unless you're a modder, either way the question is moot. If you're a modder, you'll mod regardless of what others think about it. If nothing can be done, then the only purpose behind these kinds of questions is to sit around moping and whining about how we, as gamers, have been taken advantage of, and how "The Man" at Lucasarts is totally evil, etc.

Dehumanizer, while I am also displeased with the ending as is, I can't help but wonder if you actually care for the opinions of anyone here unless they coincide with your own. You can call it being "open minded" or "thought provoking" but your repetitive statements seem to indicate that you're not really looking for honest opinions, just for people to agree with you.

I can see why you may believe that, but it's not true. I believe the ending should be improved; you disagree, that's fine. ShadowPaladin (for instance) argued with me, I argued back, stating my thoughts. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? It's called "having a discussion". People offer arguments and counter-arguments.

And I don't think "LA is the devil", although I think that what they did in this case was absolutely wrong - KOTOR2 would have been one of the best RPGs in years, if not the best, if only they had allowed Obsidian a couple more months. It's still a great game, but there are traces and hints of something so much better...

And I don't think "LA is the devil", although I think that what they did in this case was absolutely wrong - KOTOR2 would have been one of the best RPGs in years, if not the best, if only they had allowed Obsidian a couple more months. It's still a great game, but there are traces and hints of something so much better...

That is a matter of pure opinion. For me, K2 is still one of the best RPGs in years. Could it have been more? Who knows.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I can see why you may believe that, but it's not true. I believe the ending should be improved; you disagree, that's fine. ShadowPaladin (for instance) argued with me, I argued back, stating my thoughts. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? It's called "having a discussion". People offer arguments and counter-arguments.

Yeah, well... I agree with you for what it's worth. I simply have just given up on seeing it restored through official channels. I agree that this could have been one of the best RPGs of all time if they had completed a lot of the stuff that was taken out and featured Sion and Nihilus more as well as explaining them further, finished the HK factory, put in an actual storyline for Mandalore, put in all of the missing ending content, modified NPC behavior based off of their light/dark alignment, increased the difficulty level, and spruced up the locations to make them more unique and flavorful...

There's a lot they could have done. What they have right now is a good game, I'll give them that, but it's a good game that could have been a terrific and excellent game.

AS much as I would have liked to have seen the ending fleshed out again, and more polish in the game, I very much doubt that LA will fund it, and I'd rather the resources at Obsidian focus on their next products. KotOR 2 was, for me, the good game that could have been fantastic. I would rather they focus on making their next game fantastic then spend the amount of time I suspect would be needed to redo the last parts of KotOR 2.

So - perfect world? Yes. Real world? They should work on game stopping bugs only.

All, IMHO.

AS much as I would have liked to have seen the ending fleshed out again, and more polish in the game, I very much doubt that LA will fund it, and I'd rather the resources at Obsidian focus on their next products.  KotOR 2 was, for me, the good game that could have been fantastic.  I would rather they focus on making their next game fantastic then spend the amount of time I suspect would be needed to redo the last parts of KotOR 2.

So - perfect world?  Yes.  Real world?  They should work on game stopping bugs only.

All, IMHO.

If it's the financials of it you're concerned about, well LucasArts could re-release it as a "Special Edition" or "Developers' Cut Edition" or something for Xbox and PC as well as making it available as a PC patch. (Or instead of, but then they'd have to break out asbestos jackets for the devs and mods here...)

They could do a collectors' edition box to entice those PC users like me who've already bought it but have too much spending money. And they could include a gratuitous goodie. How about a pewter model HK-47? Oooooo... :ermm:

After all, what's wrong with focusing effort on making the entire series fantastic? :)