I'm dissapointed

From this game i expected something like from the first one. I was shocked that I was Revan. In TSL, I wasn't shocked from anything. What's the major plot twist? I don't remember any. There are so many questions left. Could you romance Atton as a girl? I thought I did, never got a word from him agter I made him a jedi. Carth in KOTOR 1 actually says "I love you" and the NPC in KOTOR 1 were much more sensitive, had a story, had quests. Here.. nothing. BORING

1.What was the point of Carth asking me to find Revan if I never got a chance to do so?

2. Where is romance? what did I do wrong?

3. 3 floating lightsabers? Are we in kindergarden?

4. err excuse me? Where is my award? I killed 3 sith and what did I ge for it? Fly on Ebom Hawk towards nebula?

Nice try Obsidian

Unfortunately you've just caught on to the general feeling around here. Personally I lament KOTOR2, because it had such beautiful potential - it started off so well, so intruigingly....and ended in such a horrible mess, sending you off solo without explaining what happens to the others, and also not explaining all of the plots properly.

Kreia: - "There is no great revelation, no big secret. There's only.....you".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

He said IF you find Revan he didnt send you to look for him. Thats probably something for KOTOR III I would imagine to tie up the trilogy.

The lightsaber feat is called telekinetic combat (in case you were wondering)

I found it quite funny since only having one hand she was using a single all through the game. It was like "Ha I've got a few tricked up my sleeve".

I'm in absolute agreement with the ending cinemtaic I thought you had to sit through the credits to see it or something (wouldnt be the first time).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

When my girlfriend played TSL, she managed to have scene with Atton and Disciple fighting over the Exile + Atton asking Bao-Dur about his chances with the Exile.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't like being only me. It looks like Obsidian didn't have enough imagination to create a plot twist

Did you honestly not see right through KOTOR ? By the time the plot twist came around I'd accumulated enough in character evidence to figure it out. What REALLY annoyed me is I couldnt question Bastila about it. But rather had to play ignorant until the game thought I was ready.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I don't like being only me. It looks like Obsidian didn't have enough imagination to create a plot twist

KOTOR 3 eh? Is it officciall announced?

Great story != plot twist.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

In KOTOR 1 you mean? No I didn't figure it out. I wasn't paying attention to what others were saying though.

Anyway, I never figure stuff out from the book/movies

so why should I from games? Not everyone figured it out either.

Plus, Revan sounded like a guy's name and I played as a female

From this game i expected something like from the first one. I was shocked that I was Revan. In TSL, I wasn't shocked from anything. What's the major plot twist? I don't remember any.

It was said from the beggining that there would be no major plot twist.

Carth in KOTOR 1 actually says "I love you"

:devil:

the NPC in KOTOR 1 were much more sensitive, had a story, had quests. Here.. nothing. BORING

I found the majority much more interesting less linear. The romances in k1 were crap.

1.What was the point of Carth asking me to find Revan if I never got a chance to do so?

Ofcourse not, he was asking fot sometime in the future. I think they were setting up the sequel.

Don't know, have not bothered with them. As i said they were crap in k1 so i have not even tried in TSL

3. 3 floating lightsabers? Are we in kindergarden?

Heard of a little thing called the force???

No seriously, you cut off Kreia's other hand, so how else do u expect her to fight you?

4. err excuse me? Where is my award? I killed 3 sith and what did I ge for it? Fly on Ebom Hawk towards nebula?

Kinda sucked a bit but if you want to know what happens to the NPC, you have to talk to Kreia after you defeat her.

Nice try Obsidian

Yes i thought so (but without the sarcasm).

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Huh? KOTOR2 had a "plot twist". Problem is it was obvious and evenw orse you could do even less about it than KOTOR's. Afterall, you had to pretend that kreia was on your side. :devil:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As far as plot goes, since the Exile kept being referred to as a "dead spot" and I was playing as a girl Jedi, when Atton reveals that he killed the Jedi woman who "awakened him to the Force," I was wondering if the Exile was that woman, brought back to life by Kreia or someone....

But I guess that guess didn't pan out. Would have been interesting, though.

1) The way I see it, that'd be the result of Obsidian painting themselves into a corner by offering the player the option to choose Revan's gender and alignment. It's a thoughtful idea, but it's horrible for the plot. It'll take a lot of creative writing to fit Revan into this or a future game, unless doing what Obsidian did here and more or less ignore Revan's history and fate. Whether you picked male or female, light or dark, the end result is exactly the same except that people refer to Revan as she or he, as well as changing models and dialogue a bit so it's either Bastila, Carth or a new generic admiral that says more or less the same thing regardless of your choice. There's a lot of good writing to explain away the fact that no matter what path Revan chose, the situation for the jedi and republic is exactly the same. It's good, but I don't buy it.

So in short, to make Revan play a significant role in the game with the player being able to pick gender/alignment, Obsidian would have to create at least twice as much content as the player will see (up to four times as much, depending on how it's implemented). The more important Revan is to the plot, the more work will they have to do for less benefit.

2) While I agree that the possible romances are not as developed as they should've, I found that they were handled much better than in KotOR (up until the point where they just stop, that is). Whereas you could pretty much do anything you wanted with Carth/Bastila up until that last conversation and you'd still make them fall for you, in this game you had to work a bit more and it was a bit more subtle. Having more than one potential romance is also something I prefer much over the first game.

3) That's one of your major complaints?

4) Yeah, I have to admit that the ending was rather bad and didn't make much sense to me. Many people (me included), believe that much content towards the end of the game was not included because Lucasarts wanted the (Xbox) game out before Christmas. Not much of an excuse maybe, but at least it's not Obsidian's fault entierly.

Huh? KOTOR2 had a "plot twist". Problem is it was obvious and evenw orse you could do even less about it than KOTOR's. Afterall, you had to pretend that kreia was on your side. :rolleyes:

Almost true, you knew that she was evil almost from the start. But her reasons eluded me until the ending.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"Almost true, you knew that she was evil almost from the start. But her reasons eluded me until the ending."

Meh. It was obvious. Her motivation was hate. Pure (or unpure) hate. HATE. HATE. HATE.

What I laugh at is how the PC is forced to act 'surprised' when she betrays and slaughters the last 3 Jedi Masters. I mean, seriously, that was no surprise.

R00fles!

anyway, maybe it was bcause of LucasArts. I, however, see no point of rushing it for christmas. People who wanted to get the game would get it any day it came out.

You know what, summer would be even better because everyone's on vacation and has more time to play.

LucasArts... lol I actually liked them until now

No, it ws Obsidian. The game was always scheduled to be released between December and this month. The schedule wasn't really changed. Why are people making that an issue?