So where is Vima Sunrider during the Kotor story?

Mondo

She was supposed to be the golden force child 10 years after Exar Kun died according to the comics, at least from what I've researched. No mention of her in the games, but they mention Ulic, etc.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

I don't know much about Vima Sunrider other than she was Nomi's daughter??? Anyway KotOR 2 takes place about 40 years after Exar Kun's war and in this game you find Nomi's robes...somewhere so I heard.

But there are Jedi out there, according to the story, searching for the Exile (As the Masters indicate) or scattered in hiding. I suppose Vima is one of them.

Plus the games don't exactly follow the EU to the letter as you've probably have seen, so for all we know there might not even be a Vima.

She was supposed to be the golden force child 10 years after Exar Kun died according to the comics, at least from what I've researched. No mention of her in the games, but they mention Ulic, etc.

My experience of Vima is from TotJ. In Knights of the Old Republic, The Freedon Nadd Uprsing, Dark Lords of the Sith and The Sith War she was just an infant/baby. In Redemption she was a young adult which gave me more insight into her character, but nowhere do I recall any mention of this 'golden force child' concpt of yours. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate? :rolleyes:

manthing2.jpg

I think I remember reading that in the very early stages she was considered for inclusion in KOTOR2, but later left out for some reason

Ah, no - originally she was slated to be the Bastila character in KotOR 1 (it explains the battle meditation)

I'm not sure why they changed that, but I'm guessing so they could be more flexible with the character.

It was not.

I am very cynic over KotOR storylines since they make enoug references to those comics character to give the idea they actually know who they are and then pretty much ignore the same comics.

As for Vima ... let me put this way, she was in the Tales of the Jedi comics that show a much diferent Jedi Order (not the prequels knock-off Jedi Order) and would simply not work in KotOR.

drakron.png

Vima was supposed to be Bastila in K1 (seriously),

that would have been interesting. although i wonder how bioware would have worked her story in, considering (as far as i know) the backstory they used for bastila isnt even close to what vimas backstory is like.

not to mention she would be in her 40's :-"

That's odd, considering everything published under the brand 'Star Wars' belongs to LFL/LA. I wonder why wouldn't they be able to use it. :wub:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 1 month later...

Vima was first mentioned in 1991 Dark Empire by her descendant Vima Da Boda.

Later various sources are saying that she was a great jedi of her times.

Her absence in both parts of KOTOR is just stupid. She should appear as a head of the jedi council instead of that pathetic clone vandar. I can forgive ignorant Bioware but not Chris Avellone who is an EU fan just like me.

She should have appeared not for the sake of continuity but becouse she's very interesting - only she made Redemption best star wars comic ever.

Bizarre blurb "Vima was supposed to be Bastila in K1 (seriously), but there are legal issues with using the name "sunrider" so we were not allowed to use it in K2. You'll notice Jolee mentions it in K1, however, but that was an oversight." doesn't sound convincing. If that name was used in TOTJ and various books why

exclude TSL? Are Obsidian a band of cowardly cheese-eating monkeys or what?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.