Will any of you be pulling a David Gaider?

Shizuka2

(this topic has gone so wrong. >_< )

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find an example of male-sexism; it's a very bad idea to piss of the majority of your fanbase.

And while 'we' are doing that, take care to differentiate sexism from stereotype.

• 3 weeks later...

Um for all this "Bastila Betrayal" talk...are people keeping in mind that she was tortured for an entire week by Malak? How long do you think you would have held out? It's not a betrayal to be broken.

Somebody missing the big picture. Bastila was not even a Jedi Master sent on a extremely dangerous mission which she succeeded at then, unfortunately, found herself with a Force bond to the former Dark Lord of the Sith. She played a crucial role thorugh the hunt for the Star Maps and held Malak off on the Leviathan so the others could escape, and afterward, whether light or dark, her power was still great defeating either the Republic or Sith fleets with her Battle Meditation. Nowhere in K1 is she weak. She is human however, with human problems such as family problems. Whomever created Bastila did a great job.

Grrrrrrrr Hordes of the Underdark was *awesome* and yeah the kobold was actually funny, a good and usefull companion throughout the game. I didn't think bad about Bastila, not at all. Did she betray? yes. was she a snitch? no.. not at all!! as for begging and everything, oh well when knights brake it's bad :p they carry this in their soul for the rest of their lives and seek redemption like Lancelot and Guinevere.

K2 is a great game no matter what some people say and although slightly lacking in content (in volume as if our machine couldn't handle it) the story was nice and overall they kept the standards high.

Where were all those strong females in KOTOR when we needed them.

It gotta be Gaider who cut them!

And Yoshimo isn't as important as Bastila. He has importance of Zaalbar actually

Im curious. Are you male or female?

To me it seems like you are a guy trying to champion a cause for women that they don't even see as a problem. Got a little of the "gotta protect the ladies" syndrome? A little over compensation for a slight sexist view that woman can't protect themselves?

:lol:

Oh crap! Am I in the same boat by trying to protect the ladies from YOU? :ermm:

:lol:

Maybe all this talk of sexism should just be dropped cause theres no real evidence of it.

-toasty

It happens that I feel insulted the way Bastila was treated. But not becouse I am some crazed "women champion". I am Bastila champion :rolleyes:

And there is enough evidence, you just don't want to notice that.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

• 3 weeks later...
The men *again* get a choice between two woman to romance. A male PC can be gay and choose to romance one male NPC. The first problem arises here, because this romanceable-by-a-male-gay NPC does double duty. He is also the only choice for a female PC to romance. So not only do the woman only have the one choice, but also under other circumstances, he could be gay. There *is* a lesbian romance in the game as well, if someone is interested in playing that out

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, I had a great laugh. :D :p :D

Whenever I am said, I'll go back here and read it again. It will surely lighten up my mood no matter how sad I am. :D :lol: :D :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The prior post is seriously funny .... just great.

But my main reason for posting is Bastilla. Say what you want, but she is loved. It damn near broke my heart to see her tortured and exploited, and to think that she might be forever lost. And it was wonderful to get her back.

Sounds like you need to build her a shrine. She's got a lot of catching up to do.

Nah ... no shrine. After Malak, I changed my name to Bob Smith (from Revan); Bastilla's new name is Ali. We have a little cottage, and a few good friends. We look at stars and nebula through a telescope now. Every now and then she goes into town; comes back and tells me that there's some big galactic crisis, and says we really should help out ... but the politics these days are so strange ... and Ali and I talk about the various crises, but we keep ending up at the same place ... we decide we'll just let all those right wingers who talk so tough have at it for a while ...

I think people are being a bit juvenile and unreasonable here.

Last time I checked the Obsidian guys were answering questions, checking the boards fairly frequently down the stretch of KOTOR:2, and Akari personally tried very hard to implement fan suggestions.

They were given a short development cycle to begin with, and then had it cut short by another 3 months by LucasArts. The areas that were handled rather poorly, QA and manufacutring of XBox DVDs, lack of PC patches, etc. were all done by LucasArts.

LucasArts closed their internal shop and folded back into ILM. Most everyone is aware of this, but they are blaming Obsidian for no conceivable reason that I can fathom, save for that they can bitch here and we can't bitch to LucasArts. However, that doesn't excuse putting blame where blame doesn't belong.

In the whole affair Obsidian has been professional in not griping or pointing fingers. They're getting **** on, and no doubt that would frustrate most people to get so much grief in return for their labor of love.

If you want Obsidian to try and cater to the fans, then don't spit in their face. Seriously, what good can such spite hope to accomplish?

You're disappointed. That's unfortunate. And with an open forum, you're entitled to express that displeasure. However, it's been months now. I would hope that people would be rational by this point to place blame where blame belongs and stop harassing the dev team.

If people offered suggestions as often as we did gripes, maybe we'd get more developer responses here.

Hear ye! I definetly agree with that. People just cull their spite and toward their effort to help the devs to make their next rpg as good as possible. The suggestion forums are there for a reason.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sounds like you need to build her a shrine. She's got a lot of catching up to do.

Nah ... no shrine. After Malak, I changed my name to Bob Smith (from Revan); Bastilla's new name is Ali. We have a little cottage, and a few good friends. We look at stars and nebula through a telescope now. Every now and then she goes into town; comes back and tells me that there's some big galactic crisis, and says we really should help out ... but the politics these days are so strange ... and Ali and I talk about the various crises, but we keep ending up at the same place ... we decide we'll just let all those right wingers who talk so tough have at it for a while ...

o:)

Riiiiiiiight..........um, I'm going to stand over here now.

manthing2.jpg

And I thought I'm crazy... :thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.