What to do with Dantooine

What do you want happen to Dantooine in KOTOR3?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want happen to Dantooine in KOTOR3?

• Have both Dantooine and Corusant as visitable planets
    • Have only Dantooine as visitable and Corusant as cameo
    • Have only Corusant as visitable and Dantooine as Cameo
    • Have neither in the game

OK...we all know Dantooine is an important planet but what about Corusant? Wouldn't Corusant be equally important considering there was also a Council there and theres the Jedi Temple. So what would you like to see happen in KOTOR3 with the 2 planets. Id like to see Corusant as visitable and Dantooine as a cameo because we've been to Dantooine in the first 2 and it would get boring (especiallly with the same map...)

Yeah. No more Dantooine. Well, some cameo or small visitable area would still be nice, just to let us see the rebuilt Jedi Enclave and stuff, but no more Khoonda plains or silly caves please (those being featured in two games already is painful enough, they were great in the first game, but when I saw them in k2, I was kinda upset... I mean, what's with recycling areas?).

Also, Coruscant would be very nice as the next iconic 'urban-planet', instead of the uber-abused Nar Shaddaa.

OK...we all know Dantooine is an important planet but what about Corusant? Wouldn't Corusant be equally important considering there was also a Council there and theres the Jedi Temple. So what would you like to see happen in KOTOR3 with the 2 planets. Id like to see Corusant as visitable and Dantooine as a cameo because we've been to Dantooine in the first 2 and it would get boring (especiallly with the same map...)

Neither, though Coruscant would be more understanable.

I've had enough of visiting planets that have already been written about a million times and been in a hundred computer games and in the movies.

This is a *galaxy* for crying out loud - i mean, when it's confined pretty much to planets from the films and fan-favourites it makes it seem very, very small. The fact that tattoine is visited in almost every game, and that if you have a snowy environment you go to hoth is plain ridiculous.

I'd prefer more planets like Maanan (well not LIKE manaan...) that were invented for the game.

I've had enough of visiting planets that have already been written about a million times and been in a hundred computer games and in the movies.

This is a *galaxy* for crying out loud - i mean, when it's confined pretty much to planets from the films and fan-favourites it makes it seem very, very small. The fact that tattoine is visited in almost every game, and that if you have a snowy environment you go to hoth is plain ridiculous.

I'd prefer more planets like Maanan (well not LIKE manaan...) that were invented for the game.

I still want Coruscant. :]

But I really agree. What's the meaning of a galaxy out there, if we have to visit the same planets every time? For instance, what about the Adegan system, where lightsaber crystals come from (heard a lot about, but never actually set foot on it in any game)? Or the zillions other planets with different and unseen climates/features/races out there?

I still want Coruscant. :]

But I really agree. What's the meaning of a galaxy out there, if we have to visit the same planets every time? For instance, what about the Adegan system, where lightsaber crystals come from (heard a lot about, but never actually set foot on it in any game)? Or the zillions other planets with different and unseen climates/features/races out there?

Yeah, Coruscant is the most understandable (like has been said, the High jedi Council is there and stuff)

Have Coruscant as a featured planet and seeing the Jedi Temple there would be great. Especially if the game is set 15 or so years after KotOR II, and the Jedi are rebuilding only to have the 'True' Sith threat revealed or something along those lines.. hehe, imagine having the PC as Revan and Bastilla/Carth's son/daughter and is training as a Padawan there.

I agree that Dantooine has seen enough action as it is. In fact I was like, "Oh no, dantooine again???" in Kotor 2. Same goes for Korriban. You can only get so much out of a single planet at those games... Then again, maybe if they make a new engine for KOTOR III that allows for a lot bigger worlds,more detailed, etc... and they go for a totally different part of the planet it would not be so bad. I for once would like the valley of the dark lords to be seen as it's supposed to be ( like you see it in jedi academy) because it was portrayed wrong twice. Still, other sith planets would be better...like the sith home planet,or something...I'd love to see the whole story behind the sith as a civilization having dark jedi invade their planet and mix with them etc...that would be really cool...

I'd prefer that KotOR 3 start in the Unknown regions and stay there.  That means no cliched planets like Tatooine, Dantooine, or Coruscant.

Well you may as well just play a different game since these particular planets, just to name a few are important to this particular fictional universe, and since Coruscant hasn't really been explored as location in a game it would be nice to see it in KotOR III. (I know it is in the JK games but it's not exactly significant.)

If this is to be a trilogy, wouldn't it make sense to convey some of the story within the capitol of the Republic...

I agree. coruscant needs to be seen. That room of a thousand fountains as well. It has been mentioned in kotor 2 a lot...and kreia even tells ya to remember it or something...and i was like uh, how can i remember it if i havent seen it :S

Coruscant has to be there...maybe Hoth as well...i would be a very nice cenario I believe...and again,its EU,they can make up planets if they want...As long as LA approves of it anyway...

Was ossus totally destroyed? because otherwise it might be worth a visit as well... What about bespin? I know there wasnt a cloud city back then but maybe the planet's surface was...man just visit the starwars website there's tons of planets...

Why not cathar??? it was sorta destroyed by the mandalorians but it could be rebuilt or something... cathar is where juhani was from...I would really like to have another cathar in my party in kotor 3...

I'd prefer that KotOR 3 start in the Unknown regions and stay there.  That means no cliched planets like Tatooine, Dantooine, or Coruscant.

Well you may as well just play a different game since these particular planets, just to name a few are important to this particular fictional universe, and since Coruscant hasn't really been explored as location in a game it would be nice to see it in KotOR III. (I know it is in the JK games but it's not exactly significant.)

If this is to be a trilogy, wouldn't it make sense to convey some of the story within the capitol of the Republic...

Just because those planets are important does not mean they necessarily should be in the game. In my opinion, a fictional universe where the places are more important than the people and their ideas isn't much of a universe at all.

If a game (or novel, or whatever) was set in the 19th century, places like New York, London and Paris would be very important to that world, but that does not mean that the game could not be set in Darkest Africa. Similarly, just because Coruscant and Dantooine are important does not mean the game cannot be set in the Unkown Regions.

Besides, KotOR I and II are set a long time from the main events in the SW universe (namely, those of the films), so why can't KotOR III be set a long way from the main worlds?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I really like the idea of exploring Coruscant 'cos it's not been done really in the other SW games, & I'd love to see the Jedi Temple, or the Senate (Force Choke a few politicians :rolleyes: ) but I reckon they should have KOTOR3 purely beyond the Outer Rim where we get 2 kick True Sith arse.

Maybe in the next trilogy (after all, Lucasarts knows a cash cow when they see one, there's bound 2b another trilogy after this-they do have 30,000 yrs of Jedi/Republic history 2 play with after all!!)

I really like the idea of exploring Coruscant 'cos it's not been done really in the other SW games, & I'd love to see the Jedi Temple, or the Senate (Force Choke a few politicians  :rolleyes: ) but I reckon they should have KOTOR3 purely beyond the Outer Rim where we get 2 kick True Sith arse.

Maybe in the next trilogy (after all, Lucasarts knows a cash cow when they see one, there's bound 2b another trilogy after this-they do have 30,000 yrs of Jedi/Republic history 2 play with after all!!)

We can only hope! There's always gonna be starwars fans out there...Frankly i cant get enough of starwars movies and games...It might be a very milked franchise,but who cares,its fun.Keep em coming LA!

I don't want either. Coruscant would be nice, but I don't like the idea of having the Jedi Council there. I might like to see it in the final movie for an LS ending, with Revan, the Exile, Bastila, etc. forming the new council, but aside from that, I have no real desire to see it.

I think it should be on the outer rim, with maybe a few visits to more familiar planets for multi-world quest necessities.

Lets have the best of both worlds people. Lol. As long as I dont have to step foot on some dusty, sandy backwater planet named Tatooine Im quite happy. o:)

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

I wouldn't mind playing Dantooine again just to watch how it changed and grown. But wouldn't that mean more choices for Dev. to put in o:) If the Exile was good you start on Dantooine if the Exile DS you start in the outer rim or someplace you train in the force. But if they put any old planets in they should have 2 new planets.

Yeah. No more Dantooine. Well, some cameo or small visitable area would still be nice, just to let us see the rebuilt Jedi Enclave and stuff, but no more Khoonda plains or silly caves please (those being featured in two games already is painful enough, they were great in the first game, but when I saw them in k2, I was kinda upset... I mean, what's with recycling areas?).

Actually Dantooine made sense as a planet to visit in KOTOR2 because that's where the Jedi enclave was before Malak had it destroyed. With Malak gone it would be a natural place to draw surviving Jedi.

I know people are going to hate this idea, but if KOTOR3 is going to have anything to do with tracking down Revan and/or the Exile it would also make sense to go where they have been to search for clues. That's what you do when you look for missing people, start searching where they've been.

While Dantooine or Korriban a third time may seem to be a little too much, they are the two worlds where the paths of Revan and the Exile crossed so at least one of them should show up again.

Besides, I've kinda enjoyed seeing what happened with the two worlds since the first game. It would be neat to see how they further progress. Do the Sith start rebuilding Korriban? After being blasted by Malak and then having the war between the government and the mercenaries, what's in the future for Dantooine?

Well if they succeed in rebuilding the Dantooine then it becomes a keyworld just like the other worlds were in TSL. So therefore it is essential to have dantooine in K3. Maybe new Jedi will be trained there or Jedi masters will come there.

-jim

I mean, what's with recycling areas?

"Recycling" areas cut down on development time, obviously. Why else would they "recycle" the Ebon Hawk too? That's three locations that didn't have to be designed from scratch.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I voted for Coruscant, but I think K3 is more likely to take place in the unknown regions. That would make more sense to me with the way K2 ends.

ugh...dantooine sucked in TSL...i didn't like playing in it at all. I didn't like the fact that we had to come back there. It could have possibly been better if it was better presented (better quests, no super slow down bug, etc) but it wasn't.

I think kotor 3 ideally in my mind would have to be set all in the outer rim and maybe somewhere a visit to coruscant (if there is a story need for it...if not forget it). I think one of the main planets should be like the capital planet of the true sith...stuff like that. It should be incredibly creepy and uncomfortable.