Darth Nihilus

I'll admit, I haven't completed the game yet. However, I've read much on Darth Nihilus and wonder why everyone seems to hate him. Personally, I believe that he could personally take on Vader, Palpatine, and Revan at the same time. He'd just suck the force out of them, right? Now, unless they had the ability the exile did and Visass, I doubt they'd be able to beat him. Now, could someone give me a logical explanation as to why people always say that he wasn't worth the game space? Aside from the, 'well, he was a weak character! >=(' nonsense. Because, the story made him weak, when you confronted him and he tried to use his power against you, then ended up hurting himself. :thumbsup:

Throughout the game you were made to believe he was some godlike sith lord who could wave his hand and cause mass extinction all around him as he devoured energy. When you meet him, you defeat him in less than 20 seconds; it was like that for me anyway, it would have been less but there was that out of place dialog with Visas acting like he was hard to defeat.

I guess it's just that, he is so uber powerful that everyone expected him to be a challenge. It was kind of shocking that the coverboy for TSL was so easy to beat.

Quite frankly, I glad I didn't have to face a godlike Sith Lord. How do you defeat someone who can snuff out a world? Force Wave/Lightning would just tickle him.

But that's just me. :D

Even before I played the game the big question was, "Who and what the hell is this guy and what makes him so badass?"

When I went up against him and defeated him, I didn't feel like I had just faced the biggest baddest planet killing mofo out there.

As the game progressed I don't really feel like my questions were answered. I have no idea who Darth Nihilus is. Perhaps that was intentional, but I still have some kind of grudge against him. This is probably because the concept art made this guy look like he would be the person to beat in order to defeat/takeover the sith. My expectations were way too high for Darth Nihilus.

I assumed he's so easy to beat because he can't suck you dry, it just empties him and weakens him.

"And now, vile Sith Lord, I will tickle you with my dreaded. . .force lightning! Feel the power of the lightside!"

((4))

"Uhoh. . ."

Then again, I suppose it makes sense because he was cut from parts of the game (Peragus, anyone?) but he wasn't really the coverboy of K2. He was just someone nifty, like Atris, to show off. We all thought that she'd be the paragon of light and virtue and it turns out that she was just a goody-goody bully who wants to execute people after complaining about them going to war. Freak. :thumbsup:

Fnord.

i think the reason every1s always badmouthin Darth Nihilus is because he was potrayed, in both the game case and the game itself, to be THE Sith Lord to beat. But when you finally face him u beat him in less than 3 turns. So I think its because every1s just pissed off that he was potrayed to be this bad Sith dude who kills planets and turned out to be just a (very) scary face with a lightsaber...in short, the false advertising.

just my opinion... :D

Personally I like Nihilus quite a bit. I only felt that he was given far too little screentime. Nowadays when every villain has to be a mastermind bishie it's rather refreshing to see a villain who's just driven by his basic instincts. And it doesn't get much more basic than hunger.

But when you finally face him u beat him in less than 3 turns.
That goes for pretty much every opponent in this game, sadly. Even the final boss is no exception, altho I found the floating lightsaber trick pretty neat. Oh well, Nihilus had his extraordinary bridge at least.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

He was way too easy to beat. They should have made you lose to him a couple of times or something to establish just how powerful he is. Instead he just gets waxed in 5 hits.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

What made the fight with Nihillis more laughable though,

was,

you hit him a couple of times bring him to about 1/2 health. then the fight stops and Visas says 'He's too powerful, he's going to kill us!' and the exile says something like 'Keep... trying...' then you own him in 2 moves.

Rubbishness

When I encountered this sucker Visas and Mandolore leaped ahead of me finishing him off before I could even hit him once.

It must have been some Sith PR guy. In ancient latin "nihil" means "nothing" but also "empty, void". A very fitting name. This guy looks powerful but only in appearance

Nihilus had no personality, and we never saw him.

Malak was much much better. A real pantomime villain. I remember running around the Leviathan with Bastila's warnings 'I can feel the Dark Lord approaching', and then when he actually walked in it was pretty scary. And he won!

On the Ravager, they should have built the tension first. Visas should have disappeared to rejoin/attack him, or your other companions got lost so you had to face him alone. Maybe he could have attacked you telepathically on route, so that your attributes or force points were drained as you got closer to him. That would have made him more challenging to kill. I would have like to have seen him drawing life force from Telos, killing the people there, so that the more you attacked him, the more lives he consumed and the stronger he became. What a dilemma for a light-side Jedi!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's a sense of anticlimax I think. He's killed a planet, Vissas wont take you to him until you are ready (when in fact you could probably kill him right after you meet her)

He looks imposing but he's a wuss (bit more fun with a stock saber though).

And a lot of people dont like the fact he leaves a lot of unanswered questions. He's kinda like the briefcase in pulp fiction.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'll admit, I haven't completed the game yet.  However, I've read much on Darth Nihilus and wonder why everyone seems to hate him.  Personally, I believe that he could personally take on Vader, Palpatine, and Revan at the same time.  He'd just suck the force out of them, right?  Now, unless they had the ability the exile did and Visass, I doubt they'd be able to beat him.  Now, could someone give me a logical explanation as to why people always say that he wasn't worth the game space?  Aside from the, 'well, he was a weak character!  >=(' nonsense.  Because, the story made him weak, when you confronted him and he tried to use his power against you, then ended up hurting himself.  :)

Hey,I like Nihilus

The plain simple fact of the matter is....

Darth Nihilus is great design. He makes great cover art for the game. A lot of Star Wars bad-asses always wear crazy masks. A lot of people associate "bad guys" with "cool masks".

You sure as hell don't want the centerpiece of a game cover to be some lame ass good guy. And you sure as hell aren't going to put Kriea front and center. That would look incredibly lame. Who's gonna take some little old lady "bad guy" seriously. Plus, the fact that would be a HUGE spoiler (obviously).

There's some material in Star Wars they will never make into a book/movie/ or game. Failed titles include:

The Amazing Adventures of C3PO

The Glamourous Life of The Gammoreans

Fixing Random Junk with the Jawas, and everyone's favorite...

The Heroic And Mighty Ithorians

The whole fight with Nihilus was anticlimactic. I don't care if he wasn't the main bad guy. I mean Kreia keeps talking about how you'll have to sacrifice Visas to defeat the master, why would you if it's so easy to beat him anyways??? It would've been better if Visas sacrificed herself willingly as part of the story.

I don't think anyone hates Nihilus, I've never seen any complaints about the character itself.

What everyone hates (Me included) is that Nihilus was pumped up to be the greatest, most important and powerful Sith Lord in the game then he appears in just 2 very short scenes in the entire game before you face him and once you actually do face him he was easier to kill than a Gizka in K1.

I literally hit Nihilus with my saber twice, one hit dropped him 50% and cued the Visas sacrifice dialogue, second hit completely killed him. I was like WHAT that's it???? A guy that devours entire worlds and legions of Jedi and two swings of the saber and he fell. I had more difficulty fighting dead-eye in the Taris dueling circuit in K1.

I think that is what everybody is disappointed in. Personally I think Nihilus is a brilliant concept for a character, he was just a complete pansy especially after all the hype he got both ingame and out of it. But then none of the Sith Lords really where a challenge really anyway, Nihilus just happened to be the easiest of them all.

The idea someone had of Visas willingly sacrificing herself for the storyline would have worked a bit better, or maybe a variation I think. Giving Nihilus insanely high dexterity (defense/dodge) until Visas either uses her connection to weaken him, or sacrifices herself to weaken him. Afterwards I think having him with his normal stats would be somewhat acceptable.