what do u want in K3

[snip]

[*]Dreamworld here, but less level based system and more skill/use based system. Want to get better at using the force? Use it. Want to get better at using a Light Saber? Use it.

[snip]

Well, beside appreciating that many are proposing the same things I have, I kinda disagree with this. I'd instead like k3 to really stick (more than k2) with 3.5ED rules, which would provide nice balance and good character growth. Besides, such rules are uber-tested and proven to work GREAT. A system like the one you are suggesting is easily exploitable, and can easily make the game unbalanced.

-IMHO-

NWK: It's great we agree on most stuff; but I'll concentrate on the stuff we disagree since reagreeing is boring. :)

"disagree.

i liked this feature. it might not have been implemented as best as it could have, but i thought it was a neat feature, especially considering it didnt happen TOO much. once on peragus, twice on nar shadaa, once on dxun, once on malachor (only briefly too)."

I found it happen toof requently. It was ok in KOTOR1 'cause it happened once. My biggest beef, however, is the fact the game ends if say Atton dies even though the PC is still alive. That is just silly. My character is alive; but I gotta reload? WTF?

"disagree.

this happens in other games as well when you get "trained" by someone through dialogue."

Like I said. i have no problem with being trained - ie. Handmaiden teaching you how to fight naked, or Kreai teaching you force powers. I'm talking about increasing ability scores. And, oh, just ebcause other games do it; doens't mean it's ok..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You have to reload because you just broke the story. Thats why no one in KOTOR dies in combat either.

And why your stuck with certain characters at certain points of game.

I'm not personally bothered. If an NPC dies while on an "away mission" then they can stay dead.

But I dont expect that would be the case because of the NPC's requirements to the story.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

None of the npcs outside of Kreia were so important the story would break if they died.

I'm sorry, it's lame. My character is alive. The story isn't broken. It's plainly poor GAME design.

None of the npcs outside of Kreia were so important the story would break if they died.

I'm sorry, it's lame. My character is alive. The story isn't broken. It's plainly poor GAME design.

That depends what you have done upto that point in the game. It's different in a linear game but since you cant predict which planets people will do it's difficult to pull off if the NPCs are required to drive the story forward.

Your character is only a part of the story it is not the story.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

My biggest beef, however, is the fact the game ends if say Atton dies even though the PC is still alive. That is just silly. My character is alive; but I gotta reload? WTF?

i was thinking about that part. i think maybe it would have been better if at that point and atton "loses" (ie. dies), they do a cutscene where the two knock him unconscious and carry him off, and then it switches back to the exile.

then later on aboard gotos ship rescuing atton from one of those force cages is part of a mini-quest while aboard.

"i was thinking about that part. i think maybe it would have been better if at that point and atton "loses" (ie. dies), they do a cutscene where the two knock him unconscious and carry him off, and then it switches back to the exile.

then later on aboard gotos ship rescuing atton from one of those force cages is part of a mini-quest while aboard."

See. Reaosnable altenerative without being retarded. I wish the two above you would be that smart.

"They didn't want to make it any easier than it already was, I guess. If you're so weak that you can't get Atton to beat the Twin Suns you shouldn't be playing. It's not that hard. Boo hoo."

Who said it was hard? i surely didn't. heck, tyhey got stuck on a table and I was a able to laugh and taunt them as a blasted them. And, of course, the lameos had to somehow magically live and return just to give the player an easy kill. Hahaha. Lame.

As for you SP. Please make sense when you post.

As for you SP. Please make sense when you post.

It makes perfect sense. If you cant understand it then the blame lies 100% with you.

As I have caught you lying more times than I care to remember I take nothing you say seriously anyway your just comic relief now.

478327[/snapback]

1.Well first I would like Revan,Bastila,Carth and all the Kotor crew to return along with the exile,Atton,Bao Dur and all the Kotor II crew to return and they all work together to fight agianst the truth sith!

2.Maybe have some of the most famous sith lords in the game as threats too

3. bigger worlds

4. better graphices

5people not standing around looking like zombies but actually making people more interactive.

6.make the kotor crew some how have a bigger story .

7, have the exile and Revan together! now how cool would that be see the two coolest leaders together!

Who said it was hard? i surely didn't. heck, tyhey got stuck on a table and I was a able to laugh and taunt them as a blasted them. And, of course, the lameos had to somehow magically live and return just to give the player an easy kill. Hahaha. Lame.

i think that fight lacked a cutscene for sure, because i too found it weird that i killed them, but then they reappear with no explanation aboard gotos yacht.

atleast with a cutscene showing them limping away out the door and throwing a curse at atton about "well get you next time" or something, even though it might be cheesey, it would atleast explain why they came back to life and appeared again.

1.Well first I would like Revan,Bastila,Carth and all the Kotor crew to return along with the exile,Atton,Bao Dur and all the Kotor II crew to return and they all work together to fight agianst the truth sith!

2.Maybe have some of the most famous sith lords in the game as threats too

3. bigger worlds

4. better graphices

5people not standing around looking like zombies but actually making people more interactive.

6.make the kotor crew some how have a bigger story .

so basically you want a game that is 10 times as big, ten times as long, with a much more convoluted story to incorporate every single pc and npc party member from both games and include "the most famous sith lords"?

no offense, but i would absolutely loathe that game. it would be a big jumbled mess.

i think that fight lacked a cutscene for sure, because i too found it weird that i killed them, but then they reappear with no explanation aboard gotos yacht.

They do they say "tell your friend to strike to kill next time" or something to that effect when you meet them on GOTO's ship.

478327[/snapback]

NWk: Well, they do say that Atton should chekc bodies after knocking them up. Then again, I did check their bodies. Not to mention, I did shoot them multiple times...

Oh look another Volourn lie. At most you could have checked one body ;)

Your so easy to catch in your lying you know it would be just best to stop.

478327[/snapback]

still rather silly, considering the bodies disappear (dont they? i forget that part  :) ), leaving only their loot.

No the scene ends when you kill the last one. If you want the loot you have to go back later after the ship.

I dont do the cheap thing and stand behind a table so they die within a short time of each other. And that ends the scene.

Because they only have energy shields a tricked out sword will take them down very fast. (not as fast as when you meet them later though ;) )

478327[/snapback]

SP: Huh? 2 bodies I checked. Combat is so boring I tend to loot during battle for entertainment. <> And, yes, if you are quick, you can loot thes econd one before the cutscene starts. i know. I reloaded for that purpose. <>

SP: Huh? 2 bodies I checked. Combat is so boring I tend to loot during battle for entertainment. <> And, yes, if you are quick, you can loot thes econd one before the cutscene starts. i know. I reloaded for that purpose. <>

Sure you did, you just keep telling yourself that. So which version is it did you stand behind the table or were you close enough to loot them as they fell. Really your just laughable lately.

478327[/snapback]

No the scene ends when you kill the last one. If you want the loot you have to go back later after the ship.

im 99% positive i looted one corpse while waiting for the second girl to get "unstuck" from the table. so even permitting you never checked ONE of them to make sure she is dead, i damn well did loot the other, so at most, only one should show up on gotos yacht. ;)"

"Sure you did, you just keep telling yourself that. So which version is it did you stand behind the table or were you close enough to loot them as they fell. Really your just laughable lately."

Your logic senses are failing... You better think on this harder ... or continue embarassing yourself further. Either way, I win.