Interesting "bug

Hello everyone,

This post will contain minor spoilers, although nothing too surprising IMO.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem I have. Basically I have gotten through all the planets and found all the Jedi and now have to return to Dantooine.

I have not had a problem with the so far, but for whatever reason, whenever I try to leave the Ebon Hawk on Dantooine (this is after already being there and doing all the stuff there the first time), the game pauses on a blank screen. I still have my mouse cursor and it moves fine, but the only thing I am able to do is ALT-F4 (which still brings up the "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog box).

I tried various loaded games....to no avail. I have even tried going to a different planet first, and still no luck. It must have something to do with whatever script must go on...because I can still get off the Ebon Hawk at any other planet other than Dantooine.

The next thing I plan on doing is restarting from before I was on Onderon (the last planet that I did), and replay that whole planet....but if anyone else has a fix...that'd be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I imagine that since there isn't a thousand "WTF, I can't get onto Dantooine at end game" threads, there are people out there that have gotten past my position?

Hello everyone,

This post will contain minor spoilers, although nothing too surprising IMO.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem I have.  Basically I have gotten through all the planets and found all the Jedi and now have to return to Dantooine.

I have not had a problem with the so far, but for whatever reason, whenever I try to leave the Ebon Hawk on Dantooine (this is after already being there and doing all the stuff there the first time), the game pauses on a blank screen.  I still have my mouse cursor and it moves fine, but the only thing I am able to do is ALT-F4 (which still brings up the "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog box).

I tried various loaded games....to no avail.  I have even tried going to a different planet first, and still no luck.  It must have something to do with whatever script must go on...because I can still get off the Ebon Hawk at any other planet other than Dantooine.

The next thing I plan on doing is restarting from before I was on Onderon (the last planet that I did), and replay that whole planet....but if anyone else has a fix...that'd be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I imagine that since there isn't a thousand "WTF, I can't get onto Dantooine at end game" threads, there are people out there that have gotten past my position?

I have the same problem my friend.. In which order did you travel the planets? Dantooine, Korriban, Narr Shadda, Dxun and then Onderon? Oh by the way.. I remember realising this problem way before finding all the jedi's.. but thought it was something temporary, guess it wasn't :D

PS: the problem I have is %100 same

I have the same problem my friend.. In which order did you travel the planets? Dantooine, Korriban, Narr Shadda, Dxun and then Onderon? Oh by the way.. I remember realising this problem way before finding all the jedi's.. but thought it was something temporary, guess it wasn't  :D

That is the EXACT order that I went through the planets....hmmmm

How did you realize this problem before hand? It hit me out of now where o:)

Well.. I remember going back to Dantooine for something, but don't remember when..

But still.. this is a mega huge problem.. I'm not going to start all over again when I have spent 31h and good items with good chars..

It's really annoying when you have been waiting for this game for nearly a year and when finally you get to play it.. you realise that there a lot of bugs, seriously it's very amateur what Lucasarts & Obsidian have done, even though I liked KotoR II more than KotoR I .. I'll say KotoR I is better.

Hmm, I just did some testing around, and I cannot fly to Dantooine after I do Korriban...which is also the same time I get my prestige class....

So perhaps it's one of those two in correlation with Dantooine being the first planet I go to?

I have the exact same issue and it is truly starting to annoy me. Have not had any luck whatsoever with various "fixes".

I have tried to hex edit the saved games.

I reinstalled the game then tried to open the save.

Have done quite possibly ever possible graphical and sound alteration.

None of these things work.

I am totally grasping for straws here but I have a friend with a pretty similar system that doesn't have the glitch and the only difference I can find is that the first time I went to Dantoine I "revealed" myself and I wasn't able to complete the quest called "Redemption". I doubt this means much of anything, but I suppose it is worth comparing notes.

This is a seperate issue from the various graphical ATI problems and it would be great if we could keep it seperate.

You know what.. I have that same quest uncompleted, is it just me.. or does all of these things have something to do with this problem? Maybe the game gets confused :devil:

I have the exact same issue and it is truly starting to annoy me.  Have not had any luck whatsoever with various "fixes".

I have tried to hex edit the saved games.

I reinstalled the game then tried to open the save.

Have done quite possibly ever possible graphical and sound alteration.

None of these things work.

I am totally grasping for straws here but I have a friend with a pretty similar system that doesn't have the glitch and the only difference I can find is that the first time I went to Dantoine I "revealed" myself and I wasn't able to complete the quest called "Redemption".  I doubt this means much of anything, but I suppose it is worth comparing notes.

This is a seperate issue from the various graphical ATI problems and it would be great if we could keep it seperate.

I would have to look. My character is Light side. I also have a second game that I followed the same planet order and just started Dantooine, Dark Side.

Where exactly do you start that quest? (planet, person you talk to or item you find) Might help me figure out if I have gotten it or not.

I have the same problem. I went to Dantooine last completed all the tasks except redemption. Then I went to Nar Shadaa to finish trade route mission. Then when I went back to Dantooine and tried to exit the Ebon Hawk it went black and froze.

I am very disapointed with this problem.

Does anyone belive that this is related to the redemption mission?

Ah, I doubt I even triggered that quest in either of my games since I managed both times to Persuade him that the droid was wrong, I think. I get off in about 30 mins so by 10:00 central (little under 2 hours from now) I should be posting wether I can get to dantooine and exit the ship / leave the planet again.

Edit-

Axonnn: The current thought is that it might be. I plan to test this when I get home in about hour.

Edited by airic

Okay Its a bust on my end for the moment. My latest save for my light Jedi (where he is already on Nar Shaddaa) did not have Redemption in the journal. I have another save that I might try. Should be on Dantooine before I talked with the protocol droid in the docking area.

edit:

Well, second bust on my end. Appearantly I overwrote that one and had two saves for the same spot on Nar Shaddaa?? Anyway I have to start that game over since I didn't get the

secret compartment location on the Ebon Hawk from the previous owner

Hello all,

First I'll say that I also did Dantooine first and had the Redemption quest uncompleted.

But my problem was slighty different: I couldn't return to any planet I had already visited, because then the game would dump me to the Main Menu instead of loading the game.

I realized the problem when you have to return to Dxun to finish the Onderon Jedi search.

So what I did was to edit my savegame location to place me in Dxun. It worked well, and after that I could travel to any planet without problems.

The bad thing is that after visiting the Jedi Council at Dantooine, the problem appeared back when loading the next level, so I am stuck, just a bit later into the game.

Perhaps you should edit your save?

Well after I fix the droid and he calls me a jedi I can't even convince Tarn that I'm not one. What I went to read on walkthroughs says you should get a third talk option, but he always cuts me off that the second and runs off, even if I persuade him I'm not a jedi.