Need a lightsaber!!

I want to make my lightsaber but Bao-Dur says I need a focusing lens. I went to the workbench and made one but he still says I need one... does anyone know what is going on?? Also I used a cheat (I have pc version) on Go-To's ship (invulnerability becasue I kept dying). But Switched off the enable cheats thing in my folder.

I want to make my lightsaber but Bao-Dur says I need a focusing lens.  I went to the workbench and made one but he still says I need one... does anyone know what is going on??  Also I used a cheat (I have pc version) on Go-To's ship (invulnerability becasue I kept dying).  But Switched off the enable cheats thing in my folder.

If you read the quest it will tell you that things made on the workbench wont make your lightsaber.

Prior to making a lightsaber places where you would normally get one reward you with components instead.

Quickest way is.

Help the Ithorians or Czerka and get part 1.

Go to Nar Shada

Break into Voga's treasure room and get part 2

Help the wife find her husband and get part 3

Alternatively if you fight Visis you get a part from her broken lightsaber. But if you already have yours at the point she comes with a fully working one which means you get an extra one early.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

lol, I cheated and got all 3 pieces to start with, and I also got Visas saber, and when I meet Bao-Dur and he asks me why i havent got a saber.. it wont let me build one with the pieces i have :) *shrug*

cheating is bad m'kay :D

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

And people wonder why the "breaks"

Wouldnt suprise me if someone called that a bug.

lol, I was bored.. i've completed it a few times now.. I cheated to get HK at the begining so he can help kill the HK-50's to see what he says.. but, you never get to battle other HK's with HK-47 lol

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

I already have her in my party.  How do I look at her broken lightsaber?

You dont need to it automatically adds her part to your inventory. If you talk to Bao Dur he will tell you what your missing.

You may even have everything you need without realising.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well I did talk to him (several times) he says I am missing a lens.  I just finished my first planet (nar shadaa) and now am at onderon.  How soon can I make my lightsaber?

As soon as you get a lens.

The only two I know of for sure are the Jedi sublevels (you have to buy it off a scavenger or kill them)

Or Nah Shada the treasure vault or the husband.

478327[/snapback]

No point in using cheats codes. If you really are stuck, read a walkthrough. I've done that on more than one occasion. But using cheats in the KOTOR games is, IMO, quite un-necessary...it isn't that hard.

On Goto's yacht I kept dying when I first encountered the driods... they kept killing the two of us very easily. I am just hoping that scince I deleted the line you need to add to the bottom of that file, then I won't be invulnerable any more. Hopefully it didn't screw up my game too much.

got my parts on Telos and Dantoine

I'm not sure but I think part 1 from the ithorians, second one from the scavengers and the lens from Vrook..

not sure about this but some people say that if you dun have a saber or needing parts while on dant. vrook provides for them...

on my runs with this game I always go to dantoine after telos... I never had problems about lightsabers..

there are situations when cheating is bad, why: it crashes your game. how??

when you cheat invulnerability 1 on yourself and the handmaiden, then get the handmaiden to undress and fight you in the cargo hold..

with neither you or the handmaiden taking damage..

voila! your game's stuck. that is until you use force powers

The lenses you can make are lens upgrades.. What Bao Dur apparently means is a lens fixture. I got one as a reward for some quest on nar shadaa, but don't remember which. It's not a bug, it's more just rushed game not bothering to explain anything..............

I always like getting my part from Visas and Vogga's treasure after doing Telos since with the others, you can quick save and reload to get a lightsaber you WANT as a reward from the scavenger on Dantooine and Lootra from Nar Shaada. Also managed to luck out and get a silver crystal with a viridian double bladed saber from the scavenger on Dantooine.