More plot loopholes on Peragus?

While playing KOTOR2 for the second time, two questions popped into my mind in the Peragus/Harbinger part of the game?

Who were the other passengers from the Outer Rim?

The computer in the Briefing Room on board of the Harbinger contains a log where the Capitain mentioned picking up more that one passenger in the Outer Rim. Given that the vessel was reassigned from its mission to Onderon to pick the Exile up from an Outer Rim world, it seems pretty unlikely that the Harbinger would also collect all the random people wanting to get to Telos - especially given the Exile's particular importance. I just conducted a thorough search of the Harbinger and found no indication of who the other passengers where (for some reason, I'm inclined to think that there was only the Exile and some other person accompanying him, but I don't think the exact number of passengers is indicated anywhere). If I remember correctly, all the escape pods on the Harbinger were sealed and all the bodies that littered the floor were Republic soldiers, not civilians - therefore, the passenger(s) must've been somewhere aboard the vessel, either alive or dead. What's more surpising is that logs also mention that there were no survivors on the Ebon Hawk and that the bodies had been collected for autopsy on the Harbinger, but, again, I found no bodies in the Medical Bay, though here I might assume that they had been disposed of.

My personal guess is that there must've been a side quest in the game of some sorts where the Exile runs into the person who accompanied him on the Outer Rim and the Harbinger, but it was removed because of time constraints. Also, on the first level of the Harbinger, I came across a small room that was visible on the minimap, but was behind a magnetically sealed blast door and therefore could not be opened. Since it was just a small room bang in the middle of the ship, keeping it safe with a blast door really made no sense at all. Another sign of a removed quest?

Sith troopers in the Docking Bay

Now, how exactly did those get there? We know that both the Harbinger and the Ebon Hawk were empty except for Sith assassins, but in docking bay, right after boarding the Ebon Hawk, the Exile mans the turret and mows down regular Sith troopers. I know that the Ravager was packed full of such Sith troopers, and, since there originally was supposed to be a cutscene involving Darth Nihilus on Peragus, I'm guessing the Sith troopers are a leftover from the deleted Nihilus part of the Peragus level. Apparently, someone in LucasArts thought that gunning down Sith troopers in first-person mode was just too "cool" to be removed, even if it meant throwing continuity and plot coherency out of the window.

Now, how exactly did those get there? We know that both the Harbinger and the Ebon Hawk were empty except for Sith assassins, but in docking bay, right after boarding the Ebon Hawk, the Exile mans the turret and mows down regular Sith troopers. I know that the Ravager was packed full of such Sith troopers, and, since there originally was supposed to be a cutscene involving Darth Nihilus on Peragus, I'm guessing the Sith troopers are a leftover from the deleted Nihilus part of the Peragus  level. Apparently, someone in LucasArts thought that gunning down Sith troopers in first-person mode was just too "cool" to be removed, even if it meant throwing continuity and plot coherency out of the window.

Ouch.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Theres a few holo-messages talking about Darth Sion, they thought he was dead, Kreia was using Feign Death, and the Exile was in critical condition in the prologue.

What I dont understand is where did all those droids come from?, on the Ebon Hawk, theres a bunch of broken droids.. and yeha, it was kinda wierd seeing Sith Troopers on Peragus, even though theres no way they could have boarded without you knowing, unless then entered the station while you where doing the Dormitory part.

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

Kreia was more than likely one of the other passengers who boarded, as I can't think of how else she managed to get on board. After she got on the Ebon Hawk where you and the HK-50 droid were located, it was badly damaged and she was put into a near death state because of it. When HK-47 mentions that someone was putting him back together, this is the hint that the HK-50 droid was in the same room as HK-47, attempting to repair him, when the door was sealed due to the attack. That was the knocking on the door during the tutorial, and the meaning of the short HK-walking-through-the-flames clip afterwards.

Now, how exactly did those get there? We know that both the Harbinger and the Ebon Hawk were empty except for Sith assassins, but in docking bay, right after boarding the Ebon Hawk, the Exile mans the turret and mows down regular Sith troopers. I know that the Ravager was packed full of such Sith troopers, and, since there originally was supposed to be a cutscene involving Darth Nihilus on Peragus, I'm guessing the Sith troopers are a leftover from the deleted Nihilus part of the Peragus  level. Apparently, someone in LucasArts thought that gunning down Sith troopers in first-person mode was just too "cool" to be removed, even if it meant throwing continuity and plot coherency out of the window.

I just think that they are following you, when you reach the ebon hawk they just break in the hangar.

What I dont understand is where did all those droids come from?, on the Ebon Hawk, theres a bunch of broken droids.. and yeha, it was kinda wierd seeing Sith Troopers on Peragus, even though theres no way they could have boarded without you knowing, unless then entered the station while you where doing the Dormitory part

mmm i don't remember broken droids on the hawk, there are some in the hangar, anyway they should be the droids that HK programmed to repair the hawk, is probable that some miner tried to disable them to send them to repair.

I just think that they are following you, when you reach the ebon hawk they just break in the hangar.

Yes, but where did the troopers come from if Darth Sion's ship didn't carry then on board? We know that the ship was empty when boarded by the Harbinger crew, and I find it extremely unlikely that after losing the Ebon Hawk, Darh Sion flew back to where he came from, stockpiled on Sith troopers and went back to Peragus to finish the Exile off. After all, he probably knew very well that, being a Sith Lord, he could probably slaughter the entire station single-handedly, and, if not, he had a small army of Sith assassins to help him.

I still suspect that the Sith troopers are an accidential leftover of the Darth Nihilus part of the level. After all, we know that the Ravager was swarming with them.

mmm i don't remember broken droids on the hawk, there are some in the hangar, anyway they should be the droids that HK programmed to repair the hawk, is probable that some miner tried to disable them to send them to repair.

how about the part your using T3 in the prologue, you see that droid from the original trilogy where Mandalore stands later on, i forget there names, but there like over grown MSE droids, and they say "Tog.. Tog" lol

theres one near Kreia, then theres C9 i think it is, in the Cargo hold. did T3 come back with a bunch of droids looking for the Exile or something?

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

how about the part your using T3 in the prologue, you see that droid from the original trilogy where Mandalore stands later on, i forget there names, but there like over grown MSE droids, and they say "Tog.. Tog" lol

theres one near Kreia, then theres C9 i think it is, in the Cargo hold. did T3 come back with a bunch of droids looking for the Exile or something?

If by overgrown MSE droids, you mean the 'Gonk' droids. I have forgotten their proper names but Gonk is their nickname because of the sound they use. They are like rectangular boxes, with two shuffling legs underneath. I'd be astonished to see them in KOTOR...as that would make them 4000 years old in the SW trilogy and following games (Jedi Knight etc) that feature them.

Yes, but where did the troopers come from if Darth Sion's ship didn't carry then on board? We know that the ship was empty when boarded by the Harbinger crew, and I find it extremely unlikely that after losing the Ebon Hawk, Darh Sion flew back to where he came from, stockpiled on Sith troopers and went back to Peragus to finish the Exile off. After all, he probably knew very well that, being a Sith Lord, he could probably slaughter the entire station single-handedly, and, if not, he had a small army of Sith assassins to help him.

I still suspect that the Sith troopers are an accidential leftover of the Darth Nihilus part of the level. After all, we know that the Ravager was swarming with them.

They could have boarded the ship using their cloacking device and then awaited their lord to awaken.

We don't know if was really Sion to kill all the passengers of the harbringer, i think is most lickelly that the crew was ambushed.

When you go aboard the harbringer is said that no blasters where used.

If was Sion alone i think we should see a lot of blaster burns around with the crew shoting him and he deflecting the bolts, also is more likelly that the crew where able to organize to try to defend and to block doors or at least escape using pods.

I just think that the assassins boarded the harbringer but remain hidden until their lord awake, that was the signal to conduct the attack, they decloaked and slayed the soldiers with their blades. (as you can notice the assassins don't use ranged weapons).

This way it make sense that all the ship felt in a couple of minutes, whitout giving time to call for help or to defend.

I think there is also a message that tell something like that, but i'm not sure 100%

He's talking about the regular Sith troopers that you have to kill with the turret before taking off with the Hawk, not the assassins.

are you sure they are not decloacked assassins?

(can't check eheh :ermm:)

and also consider that maybe more soilder boarded tha harbringer after the ship was conquered.

These Sith were wearing Trooper armor, not the cloaks of the Sith assassins. How could they have boarded the Harbinger when the Hawk and the Harbinger were the only ships on Peragus? Lord Soviet is right, its a continuity mistake.

He's talking about the regular Sith troopers that you have to kill with the turret before taking off with the Hawk, not the assassins.

are you sure they are not decloacked assassins?

(can't check eheh :p)

and also consider that maybe more soilder boarded tha harbringer after the ship was conquered.

These Sith were wearing Trooper armor, not the cloaks of the Sith assassins. How could they have boarded the Harbinger when the Hawk and the Harbinger were the only ships on Peragus? Lord Soviet is right, its a continuity mistake.

when the Hrbringer was captured it was not on Peragus, it could be that a "commando" of assassin and Sion set the trap to capture the ship and after that more soildier joined them from another ship that came out of hyperspace.

it could also be that the soildiers even if not assassins had a cloacking device (that is quite a common tool), so they where still able to hide to normal people and where aboard the harbringer too.

I really don't see a plot hole here, to me seemed not so strange to find these troopers around.

******SPOILER**********

If you take T3 with you on every planet he eventualy reveals to you through a holovid , which must be read backwards while upsidedown to be interpreted, that the 40 or so sith troopers that appear was David Blains latest stunt. I dont see how you guys missed this, Obsidian made it quite clear.