Why can't Kreia sense Sith assassins?

I'm currently playing KOTOR2 for the second time, this time writing everything plot-related (and especially Kreia-related) down in a Word document, hoping to piece the story together.

So far, I had the following question - Kreia was able to sense the oscillations originating from a bunch of droids (even though they're mechanical), was able to sense the oscillations from Darth Sion as he approached Peragus on the Harbinger - but was completely and utterly unable to detect the Sith assassins? I can understand how HK50 got past her - after all, since he's a droid, his force oscillations must have been very small and then she wouldn't have seen the droid, just the oscillations - but how was she unable to sense the assassins? What's more, how could she say that the Harbinger was empty when it was actually crawling with cloaked Sith assassinations, whose oscillations in the Force she must have felt!

So, either I missed something, or the developers missed something, or Kreia simply lied to me. Any ideas?

Thing is, I see no immediate reason why Kreia would want to understate a danger that is clearly about to manifest itself. If anything, I would expect her to tell me straight from the start that there is something wrong there, since her life (and, more importantly, my life, since she's so interested in me) is at stake.

Force sensitives can develop a skill that allows them to hide their presence from other Force sensitives. Since those assassins had supposedly killed quite a lot of Jedi, it makes sense that they would be proficient at being unnoticed around targets that could detect them beforehand.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Still, it's another plot hole. If you aren't familiar with the d20 ruleset in which that skill is explained, there's no explaining how Kreia couldn't sense them. To be honest, I hadn't thought of it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Hmm, good thinking there - you're probably right. And I guess the reason why Kreia was able to sense Darth Sion approach was because he was too crude, blind and arrogant to even bother attempting to conceal his presence.

Also Sion's her old apprentice, so she would be very familiar with his force vibrations. Plus Sion's strong in the force (unlike the Sith Assassins), so he'd be easier, plus he didn't seem to be trying to conceal himself.

Yep, but on the other hand, you have to remember that the Harbinger was empty except for the Sith assassins, so had it not been for their skill, Kreia should have been able to sense them. The fact that they are not strong in the Force is also quite irrelevant - Kreia was able to sense three droids behind a closed door, yet she cannot feel the presence of four organics standing a meter away from her?

Anyway, 213374U explained it, although I have to agree that someone with no knowledge of the ruleset (like me) would have a difficult time with this issue.

I'm currently playing KOTOR2 for the second time, this time writing everything plot-related (and especially Kreia-related) down in a Word document, hoping to piece the story together.

So far, I had the following question - Kreia was able to sense the oscillations originating from a bunch of droids (even though they're mechanical), was able to sense the oscillations from Darth Sion as he approached Peragus on the Harbinger - but was completely and utterly unable to detect the Sith assassins? I can understand how HK50 got past her - after all, since he's a droid, his force oscillations must have been very small and then she wouldn't have seen the droid, just the oscillations - but how was she unable to sense the assassins? What's more, how could she say that the Harbinger was empty when it was actually crawling with cloaked Sith assassinations, whose oscillations in the Force she must have felt!

So, either I missed something, or the developers missed something, or Kreia simply lied to me. Any ideas?

Actually, she knew they where there, she wanted the Exile to become stronger, apparently he/she becomes stronger after every kill? *shrug*

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

I believe that the power is precognition, allowing one to sense imminent and great danger.  These warnings are very rare, and the Sith Assasins aren't very dangerous really...

Then why was she able to sense three mining droids, but not HK50? I'm sure you'll agree that three mining droids were probably a less lethal than an assassin droid!

These assassins are also probably small tears in the force themselves, so very difficult to sense.

for HK, she can sense the energy fluctuations, we don't know if HK uses way more energy than other droids, maybe it's fluctuations where almost the same of every other droid in the installation, so not relevan with all the droids around.

also i had the impression that when she tells the exile of the 3 droids she doesn't do that to make him aware of the danger, but mostly to make him expand his sensations and to feel them.

I think too that Kreia is holding back, she want the Exile to grow so is the Exile that have to face the enemies and to defeat them, she give him advice and teach him to use again the force, but generally doesn't interfee if she think that the Exile can face the enemy.

Kreia does explain to you during your questions about Nihilus, that the Sith assassins are like him except on a much smaller scale.

That might account for their ability to remain hidden since they are small scabs in the Force. I mean no one really pays attention to little scabs unless you like to pick at them.

didn't atton explain how they(jedi hunters) would avoid the jedi?? forgot though what he said but still I think she left them alone to keep the illusion of her being helpless or something.. or she left them to be force power/viborblade/blaster fooder for the exile since she believes conflict strenthens one

Another question. Why did you have to fight your way through the academy at Malachor V killing all of them?

IIRC Kreia's order was that they should be polite to you. On the entrance they even celebrated a welcome party...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Another question. Why did you have to fight your way through the academy at Malachor V killing all of them?

IIRC Kreia's order was that they should be polite to you. On the entrance they even celebrated a welcome party...

Kreia tells Sion to welcome the Exile, but Sion is a jealous guy. He wants to be number one in Kreia's book for some reason so he seemingly has his assassins welcome the Exile so he can put the Exile off guard. Then he has the assassins attack...not that it does much.