Influence

Handmaiden,Bao-Dur,Atton,Mira,Disciple can be trained as Jedis given a high enough influence(played DS but kept neutral on Nar-Shadaa to take Mira since I can`t stand wookies so don`t know if Hanharr can be trained Jedi)

Also high influence opens new dialogue lines(ESPECIALLY with Kreia`s..past)

Also influence can be best compared by how close the light/dark bar of one NPC is close/far than your own

Max infl. means NPC has mastery if you have

What I meant was does it change the story or any dialogues in any way. My extreme lightside Atton still wanted to shoot a guy in the back and other characters who started darkside are still saying evil things when they are in peak lightside condition.

What I meant was does it change the story or any dialogues in any way. My extreme lightside Atton still wanted to shoot a guy in the back and other characters who started darkside are still saying evil things when they are in peak lightside condition.

Yes, I realized that too. Sometimes that was a little bit confusing. Especially Visas behavior and her comments made absolutely no sense (playing LS).

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

lolz not on dialogue, a lightside HK-47 would still want to slaughter the patrons on the cantina in onderon and some such.. I think obsidian really intended to make influence part of the story, in the cut ending thread: theres a scence where GoTo was to fry the remotes circuits when HK-47 shows up and blasts GoTo, or something.. that might have happen if you have high influence on HK and drag him to LS..

Actually, the influence system is a great idea, it just isn't finished is all. Once a PC has a LS/DS shift, their views should change to reflect the new outlook. They don't. So Visas, who is almost LS mastered, STILL wants to "cleanse" the cantina of the life its "infested" with.

Yeah, I know, you don't get all of the story with the influence system in place unless you weasel your actions to suit the needs of others. Just like out in the real world... Finally, a party that isn't made up of simple yes-men. End result, you have to take a lot of alignment bouncing to make everybody happy, not to mention tailor your group you travel with. If you've got Mandalore in the party, its a good idea to take HK or GOTO, rather than Handmaiden. Afterall, birds of a feather flock together and all that.

Okay so where do these "subtle changes" occur in the story.

And why can't I get my characters to advance their dialogue choices. All I can say to Visas for the last while is about her home planet. And the guy with the horns on his head never says anything when I talk to him.

Arrggghh me get annoyed

And why can't I get my characters to advance their dialogue choices. All I can say to Visas for the last while is about her home planet. And the guy with the horns on his head never says anything when I talk to him.

Arrggghh me get annoyed

That was a serious pain. In KOTOR I the dialogue would advance every so often, like with Carth, Bastilla, Jolee, etc.

The only Character who had the real dialogue advancement was Atton.

To implement the influence system properly, you'd need to double (at least) the amount of recorded dialogue, so that every character had a light-side and dark-side response to every event. It would give the game tremendous replay value. However, on any one game, you'd only experience a fraction of the content, and I think game companies are averse to this. They want each dollar invested to be reflected in each game, an aim which is at odds with giving freedom to the player to affect their universe.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Arrggghh me get annoyed

The guy with horns is BAo-Dur basically a LS guy in his heart..and he`s the only one who hasn`t got dialogue..he`s DEPENDANT to taking him in your party

Although for a LS guy Bao-Dur can be trained first actually...all you have to do is take him with you(ONLY him) on NAr-Shadaa to the guy who is harassed by the 2 Exchange thugs ...

Also he triggers a discussion with Mandalore later on and another one which is yours to discover >_<

I usually take Handmaiden with me(crazy powerful Jedi Guardian after "transformation" and Kreia since her Powers are great...and me always Guardian so can`t tell IF I missed any triggers or not)

Mira and Handmaiden trigger a thingie in Naad`s tomb ...

But I said too much already :shifty:

Atton can gain influence on echani line and by the time he meets the 2 twileks is ready to embrace the Force :blink:

Mira through dialogue until she agrees to...

Handmaiden..kick her arse x times and she will...

And I don`t agree that influence sux...how else could you see their sinister DS faces? :huh:

Also gaining influence with Kreia is rewarding...although probably HK tells more than the old witch

Bao Dur actually has tons to say. I took him with me to Dxun and he's got all sorts of dialogue that I havnt seen before.

It's also priceless when he lets rip at Mandalore.

By having with me on Dxun and following the lightside path he was ready for Jedi training by the time it was time to flee Iziz.

The influence system is brilliant but it needs tweaking. It's a lot better than that spoonfeeding per level stuff from KOTOR.

Getting that rebublic guy an open visa will net you some influence too.

So he likes machines - influence for machine related stuff like the airspeeder

He likes helping the republic

And he likes you sticking up for the underdog.

IF you have high enough influence you may be able to blow up M5 :blink:

He tells you that he built the device and you gave the order to use it. Which makes you responsible for the death of millions and explains why you carry the pain of a planet because you "killed" it.

That comes after you get more influence above training him to be a Jedi.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]