ummm..did I miss something?

for PC VERSION

I just finished playing through Kotor II, and I'm supremely confused. I think I made a fatal error in playing this game. I thought, the story , no matter how I played my character would be resolved in some fashion, but all I'm left with is a lot of loose ends. I've browsed the forums, and it seems a lot of people have had similar problems, but maybe someone has explored alternate plots than me and can shed some light on a couple of questions...

First off, I thought for tactical, and later story reasons it would be cool to play right down the middle, with no allegiance to light or dark (the path of an exile...?), unlike in Kotor I where I enjoyed being the ulimate goody goody. Sort of a Jolie type character. I think in the end, this was a mistake as a lot of crap seems to have catered to someone who went either way, and not much to how I played it...oh well.

My impression from the game was "wow, this is so great!" till about 2/3rds way through the game, where it became evident, that all the cool things I had discovered, would never receive the closure they deserved. So many questions! I wish the developers had cut out a whole level, and given the game some sort of conclusive ending like in KotoR I...anyway, on to the questions.

After peragus and Telos I went through the planets in the order of Korriban->Narshadaa->Onderon/dxun->Dantooine->Onderon->Daontooine->Telos->malachor (i don't think I had any choice after visiting onderon the second time)...

So I'll start at the beginning where my troubles started....

Telos:

1. I got one of the two merchant s(the same aliens as the Zhugs) brothers arrested, he kept threatning revenge from his cell, something I looked forward too, but sadly I never saw him again. Did he come back?

2. After helping Chodo and Mozo out with their bloody weeds, it seems you need to get into the czerka mainframe to spread some good old propaganda about the head female czerka boss. So you high jack the creds off the droid repair guy and control her assistant droid (did you know you can blackmail the droid repair guy while playing as the protocol droid? that was hilarious). I free the droid and his other buddy in the mainframe, and see them waiting for a shuttle at the telos shuttle dock...must be damn hard to get a shuttle, cause they remained there for the duration of the game!

3. The guy who tries to assasinate you upon your arrival to telos..never did figure out what happened to the real guy, or how he got in there, and gren never really mentions that bounty ever again...

4. Off to the telos surface where I think one of the coolest characters in the game, Bao-Dur spills his story, only to ignore me the rest of the game, anyway..(never mind...never mind...nerver mind...)off to the old military base where an HK droid, after being reactivated, walks a couple of steps and then blows up, intriguing I thought, but this seems of no consequence?

Off to the arctic freeze:

5. Okay, so the only reason I knew the Handmaiden was a playable character is because later on I had equipment that listed her as one of wearable characters!!! I completed all of there challenges, but all the "one who honors her mothers face" does it send me on my way...did I miss something here (rhetorical question)?

6. Atris doesn't give a hoot about me either, was there anyway to get my lightsaber back from her?!

7. After viewing the holocron, I was pretty excited to find out what this mysterious reason for being cut from the force was! Sadly...I never really did find out, well it seems it was because of the devastation at malachor, it was the severing link....the so called wound...maybe its just too obivous, I was expecting a big suprise like in KotoR I with the revelaing of who Revan was...

8. Korriban, was pretty straight forward, a little history lesson on the sith, and good flashback to playing kotor I. Only thing was the security door that seemed impregnable in the sith academy, was there a way to blow it up with the thorium charges? I ended up using them much later on , on the moon of dxun to blow up a weapons cache...oh and the stupid cave, which my character would be forever barred from entereing due to their neutralness, exiled again :p

Off to nar shadaa, which by the end of this planet I figured something was up, so much confusion! but I still had hope it would all come together...

9. First off, I didn's see mira except when I killed her with Hanharr...I don't know what I did to lead to this...as I never sided with the wookie intentionally, but that's just how it happened, I really wouldn't have noticed she was a playable char either, until again I noticed some item specific stuff for her...oh well, she was probably just a pretty face anyway...

10. Hanharr...speaking of which I used him a lot, but never could get his past out of him...lame

11. I think it was at this point too, that some confusing stuff happened with the ship. I gave the ship to some guy, who later gets killed by some other dudes who claim the dock for their own. But hey, water under the bridge, after killing all of there clan they strike a deal and give me money...weird...anyway, the guy mentioned a secret compartment, one I didn't even know about!! Yippe I thought, I rushed back to the ship in anticipation, of finding some hidden relic from Revan...perhaps the mystical mind prison from Kotor I !!! ( I thought that was the coolest thing), but no, nothing, no compartments, no secrets. I guess the previous developers...ugh, I mean owner of the ship had them removed.

12. Geedon, the female rodian trader, asks for help making new in roads on other planets (onderon and dantooine) I think, but sadly I never could help her out, no matter how many dialog choices I tried with the damn merchants of those worlds.

13. Vogga, the alternate fuel quest, I guess it was impossible to get GOTO and vogga in the same room...I realize that now, even though I so badly wanted to drag him in front of Vogga and resolve it all. I even tried bringing the useless GOTO droid infront of VOgga, but the obstinate hutt just turned me away. Was there any way to solve the fuel crisis?

14. Vogga had a secret door, which apparently was guarded by a mystical kath hound, who unlike the legions you slaughter later in the game has some sort of teleporting bark that transports you away when you get near it, was there anyway to get into that door?? And what was behind it?! I couldn't even get in wearing the revealing dancer outfit :p

15. There was an airspeeder by the serrocco clan, was there any way to use it?? I think that was the brief instances where I gained influence with Atton by letting him fix it...looks like he forgot an essential part!

16. The jedi master on NarShadaa, (whose name eludes me) one of the most rational of the bunch, says that we must end this now, get ready for battle, actually how about I teach you a new form, and I'll see you on Dantooine (well only after you enter a special courtyard, tee hee you silly exile you). God that was really confusing how he changed his mind so quickly.

17. Did the serocco clan do anything except become eventual force lightning fodder?

18. This is just general to the entire game...how come no one seems to recognize Darth Traya? I got her to spill her story on Nar Shadaa, and it was always confusing how no one seemed to pay attention to this powerful sith lord wherever I went, she's always just chilling in the background while I shoot the breeze with other jedi masters...who you think might recollect the betrayer and most powerful Sith lord.

19. The droid nonsense on the ebon hawk was quite confusing after getting everyones favorite droid GOTO (the mister ROBOTO song kept popping into my head after hearing this dumbass talk) on board. Okay, so the voice printed functionality that I, as a dumb retard left unlocked has been locked, but it must be someone not on board...since HK could easily use any of there voices..so its a mystery..and not a mystery who did it. T3 gets to do the navigation..hmm evil little droid or not...since this never came into play at all, I though at some point in the game I'd plot in my course and get whisked away to some unknown location, or tractor beamed into a mysterious ship! but no...

Off to Onderon, with many questions in tow...

20. Dxun, why oh why is there a whole cache load of cool looking droids that I can do absolutely nothing with! There msut have been some trick there that I didn't get?

21. Mandalore..hmm I wonder if that was canderous...nah couldn't be...

22. This went pretty straight forward after that, except Anda, just sort of disappeared after I saw her, and she offered me some quests. I'm guessin either way you got dhagon gent out? I dunno, I did it the Sherlocke homes way. So much for Mandolore having a word with him about working for the republic...after the republic spy says he met with Dhagon and Mandolore reacts...that Spy dissapears with my generous Starport Visa and his important mission, never to be seen again, even after I told him to go to telos!

23. Did that beast rider dude you meet in the beginning ever do anything? I thought it was the perfect oppurtunity to put my new "beast trick" into action, but I guess the lightsaber was the only answer when the beast escapes.

24. OH so close to finding out what happened with Kavarr..but all will be revealed when I get him and the other jedi he swore not to speak of what happened to me with together on Dantooine! next stop.

Okay, at this point I started to realize the unevitable..my feelings of confusion were not going to go away...

25. Skip to the end of this mission, for some reason, Master Vrook, even when solidifying Khoonda's defenses, rallying the troops, getting rid of the evil mercs, receiving praise from his friend the administrator (while he is in the goddamn room), was going to put a stop to my evil machinations! I was so dissapointed I tried running around the room waiting for him to stop. All the time that dumb militia guy just watches...I really didn't understand this part of the game. So vrook dies which later on which messes stuff up.

26. Back a bit, to the enclave, who is the desciple? why whenever I talked to him I gained dark points, even when he healed me. So strange, I figured he must be evil, but in the end that didn't seem to be the case. I gained influence with him, but he never revealed why he was so familiar looking...I guess he fought with you? I was really hoping it was going to be deeper than that, but I never did find out who that character was at all.

27. So vrook is dead, no matter what I did, so the two jedi at the enclave, when I go to meet them again, merely pounce on me right away, not revealing the past, not revealing stink all. I was pretty desperate at this point, I wanted the 4 remaining Jedi I had gathered here to turn on Kriea and drive her out...I was looking forward to it the whole game! But instead she uses her Zapping power on me and I take a nap for quite awhile, as she arranges passage off Dantooine. It was nice of Visas and Atton to stand idly by watching this happen in the next room too. I guess they figured I'd meet them back at the ship.

I think I got force Crush at this point, which proved ridiculously overpowered against bosses in the end due to its locking affect (I was a consular). Good old world eater went down without much of a fight.

28. I took his mask too, but couldn't use it....did anyone find a use for it later on?

29. Why did Mandolore act all sneaky about destroying the ship without the republic knowing, but then involve you in the plans..

Off to Malachor! Did my party die? Where am I? Who had the forethough to put gas mines everywhere?

30. What is a storm beast, where did they come from why are they attacking me, and why are they also prime candidates for force crush, even though they look like they could absorb dark powers.

31. Why did I have to waste time turning on 4 shield generators with Bao-Dur's bee-bop droid, only to get high jacked by that bastard GOTO, and then see them wait...for a signal, that I never had the chance to give!

32. Why no matter how many times I say I will give mercy to kriea I kill her with words?? She falls into a pit, the camera zooms out, and the Ebon Hawk falls into a pit (that happend a bit earlier). So much for Revan and the exile reuniting, ack, at this point just disbelief, luckily the latter half of the game was completed quite easily due to the miracles of force lightning and crush, but still...I was really hoping for some closure, but everything Kriea says about the future... well didn't really clear anything up. The disciple..yep still a nobody, Hanharr, who cares he's a wookie, HK-47, dumb droid, GOTO, not even worth mentioning even though he's holding the trigger that will destroy both of us in a second. Atton, always a fool, Canderous, hey... wait a minute Kriea you just slipped up and told me something of interest! it was canderous!..still would have been cool to see his face. T3, he pretty much stopped being a factor after he took over navigation. Bao Dur, she never could read him too well. and No matter what I say at the end, I toss Kriea's body into the pit and that's it. No destruction from the shield generator, she says I can take a ship or stay there, but it doesn't seem to matter, I guess I just stay there.. Carth asked me to tell him anything I found out about Revan..that never happened either. I"m not really sure maybe this stuff does happen! the camera pans away to another more interesting nebulae of some sort while I figure out what to do. And then the credits....

33. One last thing, I think I missed something, but from what the loading screens tell me, you get to be a weapon master or other such classes at some point, but I never got to choose...

This turned into a more of a rant (and a long one at that...I can't believe I wrote that much) than I wanted, but if anyone could shed any light whatsoever (or point me to a similar thread) I'd be most grateful! I numbered them afterwards..apologies if I numbered something that wasn't a question...I double checked but its late.

Whew thats a lot.

Ok I can clear some up for you.

In order to get a prestige class you have to pick a side. Grey Jedi cant have one. What triggers Visas is being 75% dark or light so again if you dont pick a side it wont happen.

Hanhar/Mira is another dark light. Looks like you were a little bit on the dark side if you got Hanhar.

The mask does something but you cant wear it. Gives you more FP's I think.

Gaining influence with Hanhar is tricky but you wont get his story out of him unless you do. Same with all the other characters.

As for the Trayus core, well join the club on that one. The only ending that ever seems to play is the one to join Reven (or possibly go into exile again works for both).What you say to Traya and what choice you make dosnt seem to make any difference.

I'll fill in the rest tommorow if someone else dosnt.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Hey thanks..yeah I know, I realized that when re reading the post and falling asleep in the middle :blink:

Couldn't have a prestige class as Grey Jedi..check!

Mira/Hanharr...jeez I guess I knew that was the case...but I wish they could have made it a little more clear. Or at least interact with her a bit...sending her to her doom in space suit was quite unrewarding... And at that point I was almost dead even in force alignment so I didn't realize that was the dark path.

Yeah Hanharr is an elusive one..I got the shadowlands out of him, but nothing on his family or anything.

I've been reading other posts...I can see the ending is confusing for all. I just remembered too, How Kreia is begging to be killed, but whether I say die B*tch! or I wil not kill you, she still fights me twice with her trio of sabers, and collapses into a pit afterwards. I guess a lightsaber is the true symbol of jedi power..Traya was lying! :huh:

Thanks again

I just finished playing through Kotor II, and I'm supremely confused. I think I made a fatal error in playing this game. I thought, the story , no matter how I played my character would be resolved in some fashion, but all I'm left with is a lot of loose ends. I've browsed the forums, and it seems a lot of people have had similar problems, but maybe someone has explored alternate plots than me and can shed some light on a couple of questions...

First off, I thought for tactical, and later story reasons it would be cool to play right down the middle, with no allegiance to light or dark (the path of an exile...?), unlike in Kotor I where I enjoyed being the ulimate goody goody. Sort of a  Jolie type character. I think in the end, this was a mistake as a lot of crap seems to have catered to someone who went either way, and not much to how I played it...oh well.

My impression from the game was "wow, this is so great!" till about 2/3rds way through the game, where it became evident, that all the cool things I had discovered, would never receive the closure they deserved. So many questions! I wish the developers had cut out a whole level, and given the game some sort of conclusive ending like in KotoR I...anyway, on to the questions.

After peragus and Telos I went through the planets in the order of Korriban->Narshadaa->Onderon/dxun->Dantooine->Onderon->Daontooine->Telos->malachor (i don't think I had any choice after visiting onderon the second time)...

So I'll start at the beginning where my troubles started....

Telos:

1. I got one of the two merchant s(the same aliens as the Zhugs) brothers arrested, he kept threatning revenge from his cell, something I looked forward too, but sadly I never saw him again. Did he come back?

2. After helping Chodo and Mozo out with their bloody weeds, it seems you need to get into the czerka mainframe to spread some good old propaganda about the head female czerka boss. So you high jack the creds off the droid repair guy and control her assistant droid (did you know you can blackmail the droid repair guy while playing as the protocol droid? that was hilarious). I free the droid and his other buddy in the mainframe, and see them waiting for a shuttle at the telos shuttle dock...must be damn hard to get a shuttle, cause they remained there for the duration of the game!

3. The guy who tries to assasinate you upon your arrival to telos..never did figure out what happened to the real guy, or how he got in there, and gren never really mentions that bounty ever again...

4. Off to the telos surface where I think one of the coolest characters in the game, Bao-Dur spills his story, only to ignore me the rest of the game, anyway..(never mind...never mind...nerver mind...)off to the old military base where an HK droid, after being reactivated, walks a couple of steps and then blows up, intriguing I thought, but  this seems of no consequence?

Off to the arctic freeze:

5. Okay, so the only reason I knew the Handmaiden was a playable character is because later on I had equipment that listed her as one of wearable characters!!! I completed all of there challenges, but all the "one who honors her mothers face" does it send me on my way...did I miss something here (rhetorical question)?

6. Atris doesn't give a hoot about me either, was there anyway to get my lightsaber back from her?!

7. After viewing the holocron, I was pretty excited to find out what this mysterious reason for being cut from the force was! Sadly...I never really did find out, well it seems it was because of the devastation at malachor, it was the severing link....the so called wound...maybe its just too obivous, I was expecting a big suprise like in KotoR I with the revelaing of who Revan was...

8. Korriban, was pretty straight forward, a little history lesson on the sith, and good flashback to playing kotor I. Only thing was the security door that seemed impregnable in the sith academy, was there a way to blow it up with the thorium charges? I ended up using them much later on , on the moon of dxun to blow up a weapons cache...oh and the stupid cave, which my character would be forever barred from entereing due to their neutralness, exiled again :huh:

Off to nar shadaa, which by the end of this planet I figured something was up, so much confusion! but I still had hope it would all come together...

9. First off, I didn's see mira except when I killed her with Hanharr...I don't know what I did to lead to this...as I never sided with the wookie intentionally, but that's just how it happened, I really wouldn't have noticed she was a playable char either, until again I noticed some item specific stuff for her...oh well, she was probably just a pretty face anyway...

10. Hanharr...speaking of which I used him a lot, but never could get his past out of him...lame

11. I think it was at this point too, that some confusing stuff happened with the ship. I gave the ship to some guy, who later gets killed by some other dudes who claim the dock for their own. But hey, water under the bridge, after killing all of there clan they strike a deal and give me money...weird...anyway, the guy mentioned a secret compartment, one I didn't even know about!! Yippe I thought, I rushed back to the ship in anticipation, of finding some hidden relic from Revan...perhaps the mystical mind prison from Kotor I !!! ( I thought that was the coolest thing), but no, nothing, no compartments, no secrets. I guess the previous developers...ugh, I mean owner of the ship had them removed.

12. Geedon, the female rodian trader, asks for help making new in roads on other planets (onderon and dantooine) I think, but sadly I never could help her out, no matter how many dialog choices I tried with the damn merchants of those worlds.

13. Vogga, the alternate fuel quest, I guess it was impossible to get GOTO and vogga in the same room...I realize that now, even though I so badly wanted to drag him in front of Vogga and resolve it all. I even tried bringing the useless GOTO droid infront of VOgga, but the obstinate hutt just turned me away. Was there any way to solve the fuel crisis?

14. Vogga had a secret door, which apparently was guarded by a mystical kath hound, who unlike the legions you slaughter later in the game has some sort of teleporting bark that transports you away when you get near it, was there anyway to get into that door?? And what was behind it?! I couldn't even get in wearing the revealing dancer outfit :p

15. There was an airspeeder by the serrocco clan, was there any way to use it?? I think that was the brief instances where I gained influence with Atton by letting him fix it...looks like he forgot an essential part!

16. The jedi master on NarShadaa, (whose name eludes me) one of the most rational of the bunch, says that we must end this now, get ready for battle, actually how about I teach you a new form, and I'll see you on Dantooine (well only after you enter a special courtyard, tee hee you silly exile you). God that was really confusing how he changed his mind so quickly.

17. Did the serocco clan do anything except become eventual force lightning fodder?

18. This is just general to the entire game...how come no one seems to recognize Darth Traya? I got her to spill her story on Nar Shadaa, and it was always confusing how no one seemed to pay attention to this powerful sith lord wherever I went, she's always just chilling in the background while I shoot the breeze with other jedi masters...who you think might recollect the betrayer and most powerful Sith lord.

19. The droid nonsense on the ebon hawk was quite confusing after getting everyones favorite droid GOTO (the mister ROBOTO song kept popping into my head after hearing this dumbass talk) on board. Okay, so the voice printed functionality that I, as a dumb retard left unlocked has been locked, but it must be someone not on board...since HK could easily use any of there voices..so its a mystery..and not a mystery who did it. T3 gets to do the navigation..hmm evil little droid or not...since this never came into play at all, I though at some point in the game I'd plot in my course and get whisked away to some unknown location, or tractor beamed into a mysterious ship! but no...

Off to Onderon, with many questions in tow...

20. Dxun, why oh why is there a whole cache load of cool looking droids that I can do absolutely nothing with! There msut have been some trick there that I didn't get?

21. Mandalore..hmm I wonder if that was canderous...nah couldn't be...

22. This went pretty straight forward after that, except Anda, just sort of disappeared after I saw her, and she offered me some quests. I'm guessin either way you got dhagon gent out? I dunno, I did it the Sherlocke homes way.  So much for Mandolore having a word with him about working for the republic...after the republic spy says he met with Dhagon and Mandolore reacts...that Spy dissapears with my generous Starport Visa and his important mission, never to be seen again, even after I told him to go to telos!

23. Did that beast rider dude you meet in the beginning ever do anything? I thought it was the perfect oppurtunity to put my new "beast trick" into action, but I guess the lightsaber was the only answer when the beast escapes.

24. OH so close to finding out what happened with Kavarr..but all will be revealed when I get him and the other jedi he swore not to speak of what happened to me with together on Dantooine! next stop.

Okay, at this point I started to realize the unevitable..my feelings of confusion were not going to go away...

25. Skip to the end of this mission, for some reason, Master Vrook, even when solidifying Khoonda's defenses, rallying the troops, getting rid of the evil mercs, receiving praise from his friend the administrator (while he is in the goddamn room), was going to put a stop to my evil machinations! I was so dissapointed I tried running around the room waiting for him to stop. All the time that dumb militia guy just watches...I really didn't understand this part of the game. So vrook dies which later on which messes stuff up.

26. Back a bit, to the enclave, who is the desciple? why whenever I talked to him I gained dark points, even when he healed me. So strange, I figured he must be evil, but in the end that didn't seem to be the case. I gained influence with him, but he never revealed why he was so familiar looking...I guess he fought with you? I was really hoping it was going to be deeper than that, but I never did find out who that character was at all.

27. So vrook is dead, no matter what I did, so the two jedi at the enclave, when I go to meet them again, merely pounce on me right away, not revealing the past, not revealing stink all. I was pretty desperate at this point, I wanted the 4 remaining Jedi I had gathered here to turn on Kriea and drive her out...I was looking forward to it the whole game! But instead she uses her Zapping power on me and I take a nap for quite awhile, as she arranges passage off Dantooine. It was nice of Visas and Atton to stand idly by watching this happen in the next room too. I guess they figured I'd meet them back at the ship.

I think I got force Crush at this point, which proved ridiculously overpowered against bosses in the end due to its locking affect (I was a consular). Good old world eater went down without much of a fight.

28. I took his mask too, but couldn't use it....did anyone find a use for it later on?

29. Why did Mandolore act all sneaky about destroying the ship without the republic knowing, but then involve you in the plans..

Off to Malachor!  Did my party die? Where am I? Who had the forethough to put gas mines everywhere?

30. What is a storm beast, where did they come from why are they attacking me, and why are they also prime candidates for force crush, even though they look like they could absorb dark powers.

31. Why did I have to waste time turning on 4 shield generators with Bao-Dur's bee-bop droid, only to get high jacked by that bastard GOTO, and then see them wait...for a signal, that I never had the chance to give!

32. Why no matter how many times I say I will give mercy to kriea I kill her with words?? She falls into a pit, the camera zooms out, and the Ebon Hawk falls into a pit (that happend a bit earlier). So much for Revan and the exile reuniting, ack, at this point just disbelief, luckily the latter half of the game was completed quite easily due to the miracles of force lightning and crush, but still...I was really hoping for some closure, but everything Kriea says about the future... well didn't really clear anything up. The disciple..yep still a nobody, Hanharr, who cares he's a wookie, HK-47, dumb droid, GOTO, not even worth mentioning even though he's holding the trigger that will destroy both of us in a second. Atton, always a fool, Canderous, hey... wait a minute Kriea you just slipped up and told me something of interest! it was canderous!..still would have been cool to see his face. T3, he pretty much stopped being a factor after he took over navigation. Bao Dur, she never could read him too well. and No matter what I say at the end, I toss Kriea's body into the pit and that's it. No destruction from the shield generator, she says I can take a ship or stay there, but it doesn't seem to matter, I guess I just stay there.. Carth asked me to tell him anything I found out about Revan..that never happened either. I"m not really sure maybe this stuff does happen! the camera pans away to another more interesting nebulae of some sort while I figure out what to do. And then the credits....

33. One last thing, I think I missed something, but from what the loading screens tell me, you get to be a weapon master or other such classes at some point, but I never got to choose...

This turned into a more of a rant (and a long one at that...I can't believe I wrote that much) than I wanted, but if anyone could shed any light whatsoever (or point me to a similar thread) I'd be most grateful! I numbered them afterwards..apologies if I numbered something that wasn't a question...I double checked but its late.

1) I imagine he stays in jail for a very long time, or dies in the attack later on.

2) Droids going renegade are illegal. They'd have to sneak on to get off planet, or risk being sold.

3) All you can do is find out that the guy was a bounty hunter from Nar Shadda. Likely, he killed the real guy and torched the body. That's how those things generally go.

4) Never figured out about that droid, but really didn't care so didn't try. Bao-Dur has fairly little dialogue, and it requires a lot of influence. I guess he's just not that talkative. Not everyone needs to have a huge back story, I suppose (but he was so cool!)

5) You have to be male, to get her.

6) I've heard some say yes, but I don't know how.

7) When lots of people die, there are huge reverbrations through the Force. Plus, it seems that Bao-Dur's weapon that destroyed Malachor attacked hte Force itself.

:blink: I don't know why you couldn't enter the cave. I did as a LSer. And you just have to use the charges on the door, but there is nothing there unless Revan is darkside.

9) You must be lightside to get Mira.

10) Need to get influence with him, I imagine. Never used him myself.

11) Did he tell you exactly where they are? Its a smugglers ship, those things are supposed to be hard to find. And I think hte developers forgot.

12) Once yo clear the worlds, she is able to set up routes on her own.

13) I did, but don't remember how. I asked him to give Telos a fair trade on his fuel, and he said yes.

14) Some average loot and a piece to your saber. You need to get some juice stuff from the Cantina, dance the Hutt to sleep, put the stuff in the bowl, and then sneak into the door. Convos you sneak up on hint this to you.

15) Yes, but I forgot about it. You find parts, then you can teleport around Nar Shada with it.

16) He showed you by training via sparring. That's how you learn forms.

17) They are part of a few quest. You can get them to help you against hte Exchange, tell them to back off of the poor people, and some other stuff if I remember right.

18) She explained this. She has a power that makes people just not notice her. You can ask her if she ever used it on you, and she says 'No, but if I did, you wouldn't know, would you?' I giggled.

19) This contains the course to where Revan is preparing for the true Sith, that's how you know where to go at the end of the game.

20) Try to move or destroy one. They get angsty and die under Destroy Droid Force power. And then you get rich with loot.

21) It is.

22) I did it the investigative way to, don't know if there are other paths. And he does that. Stupid spies and their secretivity.

23) The Sith are doing a huge ritual in a huge temple with a lot of Sith, that's what makes them go crazy and all that. I never really found a point for that spell, honestly, but I never tried too.

24) You have to get to Dantooine and they do.

25) You probably clicked on the wrong option without noticing (I've done that before). Because if its not that, its a bug, and I've never heard of this bug (but it could exist).

26) Not sure, didn't happen to me. He's a PC if you are female, I think.

27) I guess they don't hear? Kreia has that 'you can't see me!' trick that would let her walk past them, I suppose. It worked on Atris, after all. And they attack you because you killed one of them where lots of people saw. And they could probably feel it with the Force.

28) Its like an artifact... holding it gives you FP.

29) Its not like you had a com link with the Republic, so it didn't matter. And you were hte leader of his group.

30) Maybe native beast? Something the Mandalorians used to train with? Something warped by Bao-Dur's weapons? Lots of indigenous life in this game is brutal, so it could be anything.

31) This is assumed that you pick it up. LS ending shows the planet fall apart when you leave, so the remote wins. DS shows it stay together, so GOTO wins.

32) As far as we know, you leave and never talk to anyone again. As for Kreia, she won't let you leave with her alive. Quite annoying, I wanted to take her with me. Needy wench with her suicidal tendencies and all. But I guess it was part of your training that you learn to let her go.

33) Talk to Kreia after you hit level 15 and have Force mastery in either dark or light.

The ending isn't really confusing at all, if you ask me.

Whew, that was a lot of typing. Hope it helps!

You should just be glad I should be doing homework, or I would never have posted that, teehee.

heheh post way to big so Ill just say, replay it and pay attention to storyline >_<

Planet order doesnt matter but I have found it (personal opinion) best to do :

For male characters:

Good = Telos - Narshaddar - Dunx - Dant - Onderon - Korriban

Evil = Telos - Dunx -Nar Shaddar -Onderon - Dant - Koriban

For Female:

Good = Telos - Dant (only enclave) - Narshadar - Dunx - finish Dant -Onderon - Koriban

Evil = Telos - Dunx - Dant -Onderon - Nar Shaddar - Korriban

Keep in mind I ABSOLUTELY HATE the wookie and GoTo.

(for stuff in bold) I find as I read this is the major issue most have (even tho they refer to it as bugs and stuff). People so use to playing things like Halo and stuff that just direct you from point a to point b with out having to think along the way.

This is the strenght of KotOR2 IMO, its a return to a SMARTER style of gaming. Heh, I did same thing tho to be honest. I was so use to being handed everything that I raced through the game with out looking and only skimming the conversations. Second time through made ALOT more sence as I took the time and paid attention to detail!

Game is REALLY rewarding when you pay attention to everything happening around you :wub:

PS: When I went through 2nd time I found out there is not a SINGLE broken quest in game. Which made the endless posts you found here at the time a real contradiction of the facts :p

Tanuvein your post rocks thanks for taking the time, I should be doing work too, but its much more important to be discussing this :p

1) I imagine he stays in jail for a very long time, or dies in the attack later on.

but didn't it seem like he would appear later?! I thought this had a lot of potential, expecially since his other brother was still free, but simply turned on him...bah.

8) I don't know why you couldn't enter the cave. I did as a LSer. And you just have to use the charges on the door, but there is nothing there unless Revan is darkside.

Okay..that is weird, cause the game clearly stated that I didn't have enough alignment to enter the cave!

11) Did he tell you exactly where they are? Its a smugglers ship, those things are supposed to be hard to find. And I think hte developers forgot.

I pulled up the dialog for you since I had save point very close to where this happened,

Rhatrin Vhek: She's also got two secret compartments - one in the cargo hold, righ behind the plasteel cylinders in the back, and the second beneath the bunks in the starboard cabin.

I think the developers forgot too.... Wasn't there someone named Vhek in KotOR I or am I really that tired??

12) Once yo clear the worlds, she is able to set up routes on her own.

oh..I guess I totally messed that up then.

13) I did, but don't remember how. I asked him to give Telos a fair trade on his fuel, and he said yes.

ok damnit...He just said that unless GOTO was in chains behind me, it was a no go.

14) Some average loot and a piece to your saber. You need to get some juice stuff from the Cantina, dance the Hutt to sleep, put the stuff in the bowl, and then sneak into the door. Convos you sneak up on hint this to you.

oh lord...well then I'm glad I didn't bother. I do remember the yuma? juice being mentioned now.

16) He showed you by training via sparring. That's how you learn forms.

I guess this was more of a comment than a question, just weird how he went from hoding his lightsaber to my throat to training me in a new form!

17) They are part of a few quest. You can get them to help you against hte Exchange, tell them to back off of the poor people, and some other stuff if I remember right.

Cool, I got them to back off the poor people, but the leader tried to waste me if I said anything else...luckily they were weak with mal nutrition or something :p

18) She explained this. She has a power that makes people just not notice her. You can ask her if she ever used it on you, and she says 'No, but if I did, you wouldn't know, would you?' I giggled.

Ah, thanks, a vital piece of info I missed...I thought she was going to turn out to be a figment of your imagination...or a ghost...but then she starts talking to Atton and out went that theory...

22) I did it the investigative way to, don't know if there are other paths. And he does that. Stupid spies and their secretivity.

Oh damn, I was hoping that led somewhere, I may replay that section to see what the Anda quests do.

25) You probably clicked on the wrong option without noticing (I've done that before). Because if its not that, its a bug, and I've never heard of this bug (but it could exist).

I'm going to attribute this to alignment since I was slightly dark at the time, I went through the quest twice, trying different things, and he just goes after me! I think this was even more confusing since he's the one jedi master who IMO wouldn't have done this...darn it Ed Asner...your dialog was short but good :)

26) Not sure, didn't happen to me. He's a PC if you are female, I think.

oh well, yeah my char was female..and you can ask this guy till your lightsaber batteries run out why he looks familiar and get no answer!

27) I guess they don't hear? Kreia has that 'you can't see me!' trick that would let her walk past them, I suppose. It worked on Atris, after all. And they attack you because you killed one of them where lots of people saw. And they could probably feel it with the Force.

I guess, but Atton usually sees her, and Visas is force senstive...and her character is supposed to be able to "SEE" with the force. Also, don't you think they would have come and check or something instead of leaving you there to rest your head upon two dead jedi.

30) Maybe native beast? Something the Mandalorians used to train with? Something warped by Bao-Dur's weapons? Lots of indigenous life in this game is brutal, so it could be anything.

correct me if I'm wrong...weren't they all poison mines...and I don't think anyone has been on mandalore for a long time. I guess the sith set them up...too stop...umm...republic...umm, I dunno. I thought it was odd.

31) This is assumed that you pick it up. LS ending shows the planet fall apart when you leave, so the remote wins. DS shows it stay together, so GOTO wins.

Okay, awesome, I just needed a little help with that one. I guess seeing the other ending might have helped me. Thanks. So it actually shows you leaving?

thanks again for your post, very informative, and I hope for others as well!

Kalfear

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did really explore the game, I don't know what the average playing time is..maybe somone could start a poll, but mine was over 40 hours, which doesn't account for the many times I saved and reloaded sections to play them differently to see who they would turn out. I did start to rush in the last part of the game....but only cause I was getting frustrated with the game. I like games that make me think, my favorite genre of game is a good old fashioned Adventure game, however, I also like things to make sense, and for stories to come to a satisfying ending...which is a subjective thing to say I know, since the developers can never satisfy everyone but...I can equate it to my feelings after watching the second Matrix film, nothing on the larger scale of things was resolved, and I was left waiting for another sequel to solve them (and we know how that turned out).

Revan is missing at the beginning of the game, and is still at the end. You start an exile and end an exile. I guess right after the camera panned away from Malachor V, I wanted to know what happened the next...and they don't tell you :thumbsup:

thanks for your post

if someone could tell me why my quotes aren't working I'll fix it

Rhatrin Vhek: She's also got two secret compartments - one in the cargo hold, righ behind the plasteel cylinders in the back, and the second beneath the bunks in the starboard cabin.

I think the developers forgot too.... Wasn't there someone named Vhek in KotOR I or am I really that tired??

You already know about the one in the hold which is why there is nothing there but the other one then becomes availble for searching. Its in the cabin Vissis uses.

There is no real point to storage containers in KOTOR because of how the inventory system works. By that I mean you never need to actually store anything in them, just take stuff out.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The smuggler compartment DOES NOT become available in the PC version as best as I've been able to determine.

Help for this dual platform game suffers frequently because neither poster or respondant bothers to mention whether they have the Xbox or PC version. And while a few things were fixed prior to the PC release, a few more 'got broke'.

Also I suspect that many more bugs will be reported now that people who are used to using a single machine start hitting these forums. Unfortunately, without being specific as to PC or XBOX in the complaint, I fear the wait for a patch may be long. I also sympathize with the developers who have to look at two systems to track down a reported problem.

You already know about the one in the hold which is why there is nothing there but the other one then becomes availble for searching. Its in the cabin Vissis uses.

There is no real point to storage containers in KOTOR because of how the inventory system works. By that I mean you never need to actually store anything in them, just take stuff out.

umm there are no plasteel cylenders on the ebon hawk in Kotor 2.. so i couldnt find the compartment ...

yeah I guess that would help, I'm using PC version...so the compartments were there in the XBOX? I was just maybe expecting some cool trinkets that Revan perhaps forgot about being stored in there. I fixed the first post to state I'm using PC version at the top

I *just* finished the game ..

and damn that's alot of information! I mean I feel like I have just read a 1500 page book in 5 hours .. (have been playing non-stop, only stopping to sleep and eat, since friday night)

I think there are some parts of the game that are clearly under-developed .. but at least the story made perfect sense to me! (at least I think so) :ph34r:

"7. After viewing the holocron, I was pretty excited to find out what this mysterious reason for being cut from the force was! Sadly...I never really did find out, well it seems it was because of the devastation at malachor, it was the severing link....the so called wound...maybe its just too obivous, I was expecting a big suprise like in KotoR I with the revelaing of who Revan was..."

The reason why you loose your connection to the force is because you chose too .. you were able to make force bonds quicker and better than anyone .. and you had alot of connections to people under your command at Malachor V, when they all died their death and pain was shared by you through the bond .. and while such a thing would kill any normal person, you were able to sever the connection to the force on your own, and thereby stay alive .. but it left a wound in the force, which presented a threat to the remaining Jedi ..

but it really bothered me that the game went extremely fast towards the end .. My last planet was Nar Shadda, so I got alot of the characters late .. and I only had the option of training Atton (when he was level 21 already) so I skipped that, since I wanted to train Handmaiden, but I never got enough influence over her! and I never scored any of the girls .. and then all of a sudden it was too late, and I was left without a date or an apprentice! :'( so I can understand why my Exile choose solitude again ... hehe

But I really respect the depth of this game .. and the minor issues I have are easily dwarfed when I think of how many times I went "WOW!" (I love moral predicaments) ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I *just* finished the game ..

and damn that's alot of information! I mean I feel like I have just read a 1500 page book in 5 hours .. (have been playing non-stop, only stopping to sleep and eat, since friday night)

I think there are some parts of the game that are clearly under-developed .. but at least the story made perfect sense to me! (at least I think so)  :ph34r:

"7. After viewing the holocron, I was pretty excited to find out what this mysterious reason for being cut from the force was! Sadly...I never really did find out, well it seems it was because of the devastation at malachor, it was the severing link....the so called wound...maybe its just too obivous, I was expecting a big suprise like in KotoR I with the revelaing of who Revan was..."

The reason why you loose your connection to the force is because you chose too .. you were able to make force bonds quicker and better than anyone .. and you had alot of connections to people under your command at Malachor V, when they all died their death and pain was shared by you through the bond .. and while such a thing would kill any normal person, you were able to sever the connection to the force on your own, and thereby stay alive .. but it left a wound in the force, which presented a threat to the remaining Jedi ..

but it really bothered me that the game went extremely fast towards the end .. My last planet was Nar Shadda, so I got alot of the characters late .. and I only had the option of training Atton (when he was level 21 already) so I skipped that, since I wanted to train Handmaiden, but I never got enough influence over her! and I never scored any of the girls ..  and then all of a sudden it was too late, and I was left without a date or an apprentice! :'( so I can understand why my Exile choose solitude again ... hehe

But I really respect the depth of this game .. and the minor issues I have are easily dwarfed when I think of how many times I went "WOW!" (I love moral predicaments) ..

So why are you so worried about Kreia killing herself throughout the game?