Future Obsidian games

Creston

Sad thing is, everyone will buy KOTOR3. Even if it's bugged to death and even if reviewers acknowledge the fact, people will still buy it, either hoping that they would avoid the bugs because of their system configuration or that a patch would be released to fix them. Furthermore, even if the game has a lousy storyline - well, it would still be a KOTOR storyline, and people would still play it, if only to see how everything turns out in the end (since I have no doubt that KOTOR3 will be the last game in the series).

Baldur's gate 3? Isn't that like, a myth? Or legend, or something, 'cuz everyone keeps saying it's being developed but nobody ever wants to confirm anything... bah.

As for future Obsidian games - I've never had much interest in NWN2 *anyway*, and as for after that? Well, I might be a bit more cautious next time - reading reviews and boards BEFORE I get the game :wub: - but I'm not ruling anything out.

Well right now I have no confidence in Obsidian... at all!

I am interested in NWN 2, BG3 and KotOR 3, but I won't buy them until I've read a couple of reviews and heard what the community has to say about them! I'm actually quite surprised at how positive all the reviews have been about KotOR 2, so I don't trust their judgement 100% now!

i will be buying NWN 2, i thing they will do a very good job on it.

If they are doing KotOR 3, yes I will, I am enjoying KotOR 2 very much.

Any other game, it depends on what the game is. I am not inot massing multy player games or first person shooters. I like fanatsy games: Elder scrolls, Might and magic, Wizardry, etc.

yes I am. In fact, I like KOTOR2. I think I like it nearly as much as the first one.

And I love Neverwinter Nights. I usually give a company a second chance. I have a feeling they won't mess up the ending to Neverwinter Nights 2. They are already getting a lot more development time. We're not talking months, we're talking about years. That's a good think NWN2 isn't coming out in a long while.

Well right now I have no confidence in Obsidian... at all!

I am interested in NWN 2, BG3 and KotOR 3, but I won't buy them until I've read a couple of reviews and heard what the community has to say about them! I'm actually quite surprised at how positive all the reviews have been about KotOR 2, so I don't trust their judgement 100% now!

I'm curious what you don't like about it. The gameplay is identical to the first one.

As this thread seems to be a general discussion about Obsidian, rather than KoToR specific, I believe it is more appropriate in Obsidian Suggestions.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Yes, I will. Altho I was heavily disappointed in KotORII, I can understand why it turned out that way, with LA being publishers and all. However, I've been a huge fan of BIS since Planescape: Torment, and simply adore their dark stylistic writing. It's quite unique, and very satisfying.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

If it's only to be based on Kotor2, I can't see any reason for me not to get the next game. I love the style (visual, audio, story (haven't reached the ending yet), dialogue etc.), it runs smoothly on my computer. No "obvious" bugs, nor crashes, average level load time less than 2 seconds. Pretty good stuff. ;)

Reson for not buying their next game would be it's association with the NWN name... traumatic experiences :p

For that one, I'll wait and see the general concensus on the content.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein