Do you experience technical problems with KotOR 2?

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you experience technical problems with KotOR 2?

• Yes
    • No

Who's in the majority: players who experience technical problems or those with no problems whatsoever?

If you've experienced any technical problems with KotOR 2, vote yes.

If you've experienced perfect operation of KotOR 2, vote no.

Please be honest.

Again, I'd like to state that I've had a multitude of stability issues with KotOR2, but a poll like this on the tech support forum is a little silly. Afterall, almost everyone that comes here does so because they have problems. Those that don't aren't going to bother unless they just like helping out or reading about other people's sorrow instead of playing their perfectly running game. :thumbsup:

I agree..your results are going to be heavily slanted. One, this is the support forum, full of users with problems, as was said. Two, the game has known issues, some that affect everyone, some that affect only some users.

What might be a better poll is to ask how tolerable people's KOTOR 2 experience is. Is it uninstalled and forgotten about? Have they given up playing until there's a patch? Do they struggle on despite bad problems, have only minor problems, or have simple, easily addressable issues?

I would say I've had minor problems, but every time I start the game, I love it more.

If you have a problem, that's mostly because your pc can't handle the game not because the game has a lot of bugs. Ofcourse there are some games full of bugs...

You don't buy this game for a Windows 95, not just because it is stated there but you know that your pc won't be able to run the game.

Most private pc's anren't capable of running games such as KOTOR2. Why? Because the video card, sound card and sometimes even the RAM can't handle the game...

I agree this is a weird poll but i voted Yes :lol:

If you have a problem, that's mostly because your pc can't handle the game not because the game has a lot of bugs. Ofcourse there are some games full of bugs...

You don't buy this game for a Windows 95, not just because it is stated there but you know that your pc won't be able to run the game.

Most private pc's anren't capable of running games such as KOTOR2. Why? Because the video card, sound card and sometimes even the RAM can't handle the game...

I agree this is a weird poll but i voted Yes :thumbsup:

Um, no. Games don't work not b/c people's computer's are crap, but because the game is crap. Most PC gamers are serious about their computers, and I would imagine have pretty recent equipment. I have a gig of RAM, a 2500+ AthlonXP, and a Radeon 9700 Pro video card. The recommendations are:

P4 or AthlonXP 1.6 GHz or higher

512 MB RAM

Radeon 9200 GeForce 4 TI

Seeing as how my system exceeds those requirements, how come I have problems? Why am I getting framerate stutter at random points in the game? Is it my hardware? Perhaps, but most certainly not because my hardware is incapable of running the game. No, it's because the game is buggy and doesn't execute correctly that I have these problems. And who on this forum is running Win95? I would bet that most people on this forum have a system pretty close to what I have, running Win2K or WinXP.

Not to the extent that some people here are bitching about. I had some problems but I'm really pissed off with the fact that I couldn't choose my prestige class. I'm restarting the game to see if it helps...

No have a crash, only slowdowns. I get it fixed with the 4.11 drivers and the vertex disable option.....

Playing it at 1024x768

Anisotropic 2x

Temporal AA 2x

Texture quality and mipmap at High quality

AMD 2000+ Athlon XP (is a 1800+ OC)

512 RAM DDR PC2700

MSI Ultra 745

120 GB WD hd

ATI 9600 PRO 256 mb (powercolor)

Saludos.-

I voted no :cool:

Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm just a geek when it comes to building my pc's.

No "technical" issues in my first run through the game (not quite completed yet, but close). I've had more problems with Kotor1 than Kotor2 (no, I'm not kidding).

:ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm just a geek when it comes to building my pc's.

I'm not trying to start a fight or hijack the thread...

But I think a lot of people here are "geeks" and know how to custom build good gaming rigs... Myself included.

There is only so much we can do on our (the consumer) end and the rest is in the hands of the developers and their coding ability since none of us have a universal set of hardware specs (high or low) like consoles.

Understand that I still hold LA mostly responsible for the terrible shape this game shipped for the PC in (given how bad the XBox version is; I have it as well) since publishers rule the PC Games industry and put impossible deadlines on under-funded and resourced developers they can't possibly make and games like TSL are the result.

Just had to get that off my chest.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled poll thread o:)