Official Spoilers by LucasArts!

Ok, please follow this link:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sit.../indexDark.html

And click on the Chronicles section of the website. Is that me, or do the last two Chronicles contain information that is normally obtained half-way through playing the game? Why does LucasArts ruin the very game they are publishing? Do people over there really fail to see the importance of maintaining the secrecy of a storyline?

Ok, please follow this link:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sit.../indexDark.html

And click on the Chronicles section of the website. Is that me, or do the last two Chronicles contain information that is normally obtained half-way through playing the game? Why does LucasArts ruin the very game they are publishing? Do people over there really fail to see the importance of maintaining the secrecy of a storyline?

they posted those chronicles near or after the release of the us xbox version (ie. the version they cared about), so yes they do contain spoilers, and no lucasarts doesnt care about posting spoilers.

Lovely... Looks like from now on, I will have to restrain myself from visiting the official website of a game for the duration of its development and until I beat it, lest I spoil my gameplay experience by visiting what I quite logically assume to be a spoiler-free website.

Why does LucasArts ruin the very game they are publishing

You mean like they did by having Obsidian cut 80% of the ending out of the game? LucasArts has turned into a bunch of bleeping morons that are blinded by Star Wars dollars, and don't care how badly they rape the franchise as long as they can keep milking it.

Creston

It's a pity what happened to LA, because they used to make good games like TIE Fighter, and a few were exceptional games that deserved to be elevated to classics, like the Dig. Consider the garbage they have spewed out in the past few years, and instances like this where it is very possible that their meddling caused an otherwise great game to be reduced in stature, it is a pity how far they fell.

Isn't it odd, I still think they make good games. In fact...KotoR and KotoR 2 are good games.

sarcasm on

Oh, I forgot, those who don't like KotoR 2 like games either like Pools of Radiance 2 which had a nice ending with a movie and all (sure it had bugs...but it sure had that ending), or like Planescape Torment (which sold all of what...80,000 copies).

sarcasm off

Seriously, I enjoyed PST, but I've also enjoyed my experience with KotoR 2. It's not perfect, but it sure beats the socks off any other RPG I've played in the past few months on PC, PS, GC, or Xbox. That's worth something to me, and if it shines that much comparatively to the other games, to diss on it seems rather absurd.

what do you mean cut 80% of the ending? (I'm not done with the game so don't day anything if the answer is a spoiler :)

Yoi know what, I LOVED KOTOR. I think that LA were afraid of BioWare because they are a huge company. They probably still tried to rush things and BioWare doesn't like to be rushed so that's why we ended up with Obsidian.

Obsidian is a new/quiet (at least I've never heard of them before) company that LA is not scared of and twist them anyway they can.

To answer the question in the topic title.

Yes they are mad!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yes I had been reading those Chronicles back before I got the game. But I didnt read the last two because as soon as I saw 'Knights of the Old Republic 2' in the timeline at the start I thought, 'Aaagh, spoilers!' and I quickly closed my browser. I've just read them both through now, and the only major spoiler I could see in them was about Kreia building the Trayus Academy on Malachor V. Canderous going to Dxun isn't that much of a spoiler.

what do you mean cut 80% of the ending? (I'm not done with the game so don't day anything if  the answer is a spoiler :)

Yoi know what, I LOVED KOTOR. I think that LA were afraid of BioWare because they are a huge company. They probably still tried to rush things and BioWare doesn't like to be rushed so that's why we ended up with Obsidian.

Obsidian is a new/quiet (at least I've never heard of them before) company that LA is not scared of and twist them anyway they can.

That's the problem. I'll go out on a limb and say every last person on these forums loved K1. So much so that at least in my case, I'm willing to devote a lot of time in trying to get it fixed and risk all the flames and trolling which is never very pleasant. However, I don't want to spoil the game for you. There are a number on here vociferously defending it with all sorts of justifications. I'm open-minded enough I hope to accept I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any compelling evidence to the contrary yet.

Obsidian is a new company but the founders are respected veterans from other houses.

Folks....I think I can easy explain the problem here:

IT IS ALL ABOUT $.

Sometimes.....very rarely....we get a Kotor....where everything comes together.

And we drool and enjoy.

This time...it was a near miss. Is K2 a Good game? Yes. Great game? You decide. For my buck its close....but not perfect. 70% finished. Needed another 3 months or so of polish.

In truth...Obsidian is a business and a business needs to make $ for their stockholders. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to work on Kotor 2...which certainly makes one admire Bioware. Awesome decision on Bioware's part eh?

Decided to stick with Jade Empire and other projects. We need to see more of that kind of attitude. Seriously though---what did we really expect from Obsidian in only 12 months? And should we really be suprised that LucasArts is only concerned about the Franchise???? The game itself is a very very tiny blip in that empire!

Simple really.....and very sad.

Hammer.

It says in the last chronicle that the Jedi on Katarr were killed by Sith assassins, and the Sith knew of the gathering because Atris leaked the information. In the game, it's stated that everyone was wiped out by Nihilus' force drain thing, and he was drawn to the planet because of his hunger for the force. I realize the last part isn't necessarily contradictory; but it's heavily implied that he felt the gathering through the force, rather than coming across information that it was being held.

Isn't it odd, I still think they make good games.  In fact...KotoR and KotoR 2 are good games.

sarcasm on

Oh, I forgot, those who don't like KotoR 2 like games either like Pools of Radiance 2 which had a nice ending with a movie and all (sure it had bugs...but it sure had that ending), or like Planescape Torment (which sold all of what...80,000 copies).

sarcasm off

Seriously, I enjoyed PST, but I've also enjoyed my experience with KotoR 2.  It's not perfect, but it sure beats the socks off any other RPG I've played in the past few months on PC, PS, GC, or Xbox.  That's worth something to me, and if it shines that much comparatively to the other games, to diss on it seems rather absurd.

LA didn't make KotOR or KotOR 2. They liscenced them out to other developers. I'm talking back in the days when LA actually MADE their own games.