remote destroyed ?

I think it's actually a graphic glitch. First time I watched it looked like the remote blew up. Second time watching it closely you can see the remote slide into the floor and disapear.

So what I think happened is GOTO ionised it and then had a poke around inside it.

The is supported when he later asks about the upgrades because he is impressed by the remote (hes been poking around in it) and even later on MV..

But it does make complete sense if it's a graphical glitch and as I've seen the remote pass right through GOTO it's not that unlikely.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeah, it has to be a glitch. When I had that cutscene I went to where Bao is and sure enough there was Remote at half its health. As far as bugs/glicthes; this one be a minor one. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

G0-T0 breaks Remote, reprograms Remote, and then puts it back together - Bao-Dur would have fixed Remote if he'd known so that

Remote wouldn't be frozen by Goto in the ending

Fnord.

It is you just have to pay attention to what is going on.

Most of the stuff in the game is explained, save a few things.

Like Mira going into the Trayus academy - and we never see her again! :o!

You just have to think things through and realize the connection to stuffs. They aren't going to baby you like they did in K1 and say "You're Revan!" or say "Hey, you can make really powerful force bonds, and you've been taking advantage of your friends all this time and you never really got the force back at all, you're just drawing power from those around you - just like Nihilis! Oh, and he's a part of you, too. And Kreia isn't really evil, she's just trying to train the greatest and wisest Jedi! There's nothing in the exile but death - that explains the leveling up, isn't that funny? Oh, and the theme of the story isn't just the master apprentice stuff, it is betrayal and coming to terms with your past, too!"

Seriously, man, just thinking about it and remembering all that happens helps you understand the game a lot better. :thumbsup:

Fnord.

I've only played through it once so maybe I'm not making all the connections, but honestly important plot mechanics appear out of thin air or are never properly resolved. Leaving loose ends is alright, not explaining how characters get to where they are is just sloppy story-telling.

I've only played through it once so maybe I'm not making all the connections, but honestly important plot mechanics appear out of thin air or are never properly resolved.  Leaving loose ends is alright, not explaining how characters get to where they are is just sloppy story-telling.

You have to play through twice to get everything. At least, I understood alright the first time, but better the second time. :thumbsup:

I'll also have to play a man at some point. *shudder*

Fnord.

Yep you really have to pay attention to things if you want to know whats going on.

Females get a bit of an easier time because of the Disciple scenes.

When I first saw Nihilus and started to get what was going on I had visions of merging with him to become complete... sure I've seen that somewhere before.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Oh good lord. "Clear storytelling" is "babying" now. Awesome.

I dont think anyone is refering to the events after Telos. No excuse for that even though I dont like the proposed missing ending anyway.

The only thing that is really missing though is a "beach scene" ala KOTOR which ties up the lose ends because after that it's pretty much hack and push your way to the bad guy in the star forge even if its 3 rather than one.

However not paying attention to the scenes or not talking to your companions and expecting to know the more subtle story elements is ridiculous. You may as well put them in a book and save people the trouble of playing.

See my should games be obvious thread.

478327[/snapback]

I saw your thread. I played through the game, I took over 40 hours, I followed all the dialogue trees possible, and there are still plenty of things that were unclear, not just the ending. There were also some things that were repeated multiple times, so it's not like I actually did miss a ton: it's just that some things were far too often hinted at and never actually explained.

I'm not a fan of awkward exposition, but nor am I a fan of hints so vague that you have to make assumptions about what the hell just happened. I don't like the implication that outright telling your K1 character that you were Revan is "babying" - like it would've been a deeper game if you'd finished the whole game and never even figured it out? How would that work?

But eh, whatever, I can go to far better places on the internet to have my intelligence insulted than computer game message boards.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

I've only played it through once, completely, as a LS Male, and felt everything was concluded. I still stand by the statement that the vestigial ending is much more impressive, since I love tragic sacrifice, but I would never complain that things didn't get explained in the game (except Mira, though maybe I missed something?). You just need to think.

Is that a tragic sacrifice, too?

EDIT: And they didn't really need to tell you that you were Revan. I was later surprised to find people hadn't guessed it quickly.

I saw your thread. I played through the game, I took over 40 hours, I followed all the dialogue trees possible, and there are still plenty of things that were unclear, not just the ending. There were also some things that were repeated multiple times, so it's not like I actually did miss a ton: it's just that some things were far too often hinted at and never actually explained.

I'm not a fan of awkward exposition, but nor am I a fan of hints so vague that you have to make assumptions about what the hell just happened. I don't like the implication that outright telling your K1 character that you were Revan is "babying" - like it would've been a deeper game if you'd finished the whole game and never even figured it out? How would that work?

But eh, whatever, I can go to far better places on the internet to have my intelligence insulted than computer game message boards.

I wasnt refering to the main plot. Rather I was refering to how the characters would "want to talk" ever time you leveled. It would be like having an intercom saying Exile Kreia wants to see you to pick a prestige class... Or some other indicator everytime some new dialogue becomes available. Just to be sure you dont miss anything.

Such as when T3 returns or when your other party gets back from the Sith tomb. Those things are very easy to miss. But it's quite logical to ask them about what they have been upto since you have been seperated.

I played though multiple times because I wanted to get the whole story (Hanhar/Disciple) Handmaiden/Mira I never felt even slightly compelled to play KOTOR more than once (except recently to get into practice but that wasnt roleplaying) because KOTOR revealed its story in a very obvious and straightforward manner. So in that respect I got far more value from KOTOR II.

I expect most people figured out who they were in KOTOR long before the official unmasking.

478327[/snapback]

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30307

It's tragic that the endings are missing.

Even if you ignore all the cut stuff there should be a couple of clear endings.

Follow Revan (seems to be the cinamatic)

Stay on M5 and await students

Return to exile

Blow the planet to bits. Which is my personal choice but I cant get it to work.

It's sad that whichever you choose you have to leave your friends behind. Of course in the planned ending that would have been rather moot.

478327[/snapback]

Well, I still don't know why Malachor blew. It seems to me that Remote was sent to save Malachor by Bao-Dur, at least I think that's what the hologram of Bao-Dur said to Remote. Bao-Dur says something about doing that because he was responsible for its destruction.