Patch improvments

I am playing the game for some hours now. I have finished Telos and ready to fly off Nar Shadaa. So I would like to compile a list with improvements that the developers should include in a patch. And i am trying to be practical here. Feel free to add on the list

1) Character sheet to show which powers, stimulants and effects are On during game/battle. There was this feature at KOTOR I (on the light-dark meter). We can have it here too.

2) Be able to switch between charactes inside Ebon Hawk. It is the best place to think about how to level up characters. Furthermore, why cannot I use party membre to work on the ships workbench and i need to drag them around in planets with me

Please add on the list.

I am playing the game for some hours now. I have finished Telos and ready to fly off Nar Shadaa. So I would like to compile a list with improvements that the developers should include in a patch. And i am trying to be practical here. Feel free to add on the list

1) Character sheet to show which powers, stimulants and effects are On during game/battle. There was this feature at KOTOR I (on the light-dark meter). We can have it here too.

2) Be able to switch between charactes inside Ebon Hawk. It is the best place to think about how to level up characters. Furthermore, why cannot I use party membre to work on the ships workbench and i need to drag them around in planets with me

Please add on the list.

Yeh, i agree with you with the characters in your party......if they allowed us to use our party members for breaking down and creating stuff, we could then focus our main character onto whatever class we wanted, instead of the Sentinel because of its high amount of skills.

I personally wanted to be a Guardian/Weaponsmaster or Guardian/Muarader or whatever it is spelt, but the need for the player to be all skillful to make good use of the workbench and labstations kinda ruins the game.

If everything requires you to use your main character to do everything, then technically, you can play solo all the way through, except for certain spots when you don't control your main character.

Technically, the other members of your party aren't really of any use to you, especially if you are strong enough to defend yourself, that is something they need to fix, but it ain't a major problem for me, just the unexplained slowdown is.

For example, on Paragus, in a certain area, where there is just you and nothing, just the walls and a door, it slows right down to a crawl, but when i face the way i came in to that area, it is perfectly smooth....weird eh? (and no, it isn't an ATI glitch, my mom gets it and she has a 5900Ultra 256MB)

Having seen the amount of stuff that got cut from the ending, I say screw everything else, just patch the ending back together again!

The cut droid factory sequence can sensibly be moved to KOTOR3 if the rumours that Obsidian are now developing that are true, I reckon.

The bugs (apart from the couple of spelling mistakes) all look, to my programmer's (but admittedly not game programmer's) eyes, to be the sort of irritating annoying ones that would take a long time to track down, so since I didn't run into any game breakers I'll merrily say I'm not bothered about them :)

Having seen the amount of stuff that got cut from the ending, I say screw everything else, just patch the ending back together again!

The cut droid factory sequence can sensibly be moved to KOTOR3 if the rumours that Obsidian are now developing that are true, I reckon.

The bugs (apart from the couple of spelling mistakes) all look, to my programmer's (but admittedly not game programmer's) eyes, to be the sort of irritating annoying ones that would take a long time to track down, so since I didn't run into any game breakers I'll merrily say I'm not bothered about them :)

The only problem i came up with is the severe slowdown in different areas, when it slows down with loads of action is one thing, but when there is no action at all, it should be smooth-ish.

The bugs (apart from the couple of spelling mistakes) all look, to my programmer's (but admittedly not game programmer's) eyes, to be the sort of irritating annoying ones that would take a long time to track down, so since I didn't run into any game breakers I'll merrily say I'm not bothered about them :rolleyes:

The only problem i came up with is the severe slowdown in different areas, when it slows down with loads of action is one thing, but when there is no action at all, it should be smooth-ish.

I had pretty much no slowdown except for one situation in Citadel Station where it kept glitching (then stopped doing so and ran fine again after a couple of minutes; maybe some NPC was stuck somewhere and the pathfinding code got itself into a thrash). Then again, I have a 6800GT card, so I think it's just that some of the effects are rather heavy on the GPU...

Effects are actually listed more clearly in this one, it's under journal, in the message listings. You can click on 'effects' in the message log, and it'l clearly spell out effects good and bad. Rather than having to read tiny little marks and figure out what they mean.

When you kill the Jedi Masters yourself (darkside), are you able to loot their corpses? I was hoping to when Kreia killed them in my lightside game, but the option never came up. With my perfect lightside char, I was hoping for some cool LS items on them, basically.

Effects are actually listed more clearly in this one, it's under journal, in the message listings. You can click on 'effects' in the message log, and it'l clearly spell out effects good and bad. Rather than having to read tiny little marks and figure out what they mean.

When you kill the Jedi Masters yourself (darkside), are you able to loot their corpses? I was hoping to when Kreia killed them in my lightside game, but the option never came up.  With my perfect lightside char, I was hoping for some cool LS items on them, basically.

I got a Jedi Master robe off Vrook after killing him.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Be able to switch between charactes inside Ebon Hawk.

Yup, I totaly agree... It's a simple thing to implement, yet it bugs me not having ability to do so... Especially, since in Xbox version of KOTOR2 you can do that with a black button I recall.... :ermm::blink::thumbsup:

Need a contrast slider to go with the brightness

Also ATI cards have a contrast bug where you travel to other planets it goes really black.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Please add on the list.

1 - Already exists. Go to your journal, click on 'message logs' or something like that in the lower left corner, then select 'effects' tab from the upper menu.

2 - UP. UP UP AND UP.

If they create a patch they should add (like KOTOR1) that you can see the effects of a weapon change to AB and damage without having to press OK.

If you have +2 for blaster pistols and +0 for blaster rifles and you don't know (because you don't really care for that NPC's feats, but have to take him on a quest), a little bar that tells you that you get +2 extra for having a blaster helps (now it's you press OK and get the AB displayed, and you won't notice if an other weapon type (pistol, rifle, melee, saber, unarmed) is better for char)

Escpecially handy (too) to see if it is better to stay unarmed or get a weapon on... (because of the free unarmed feat, and I don't want to unarm, arm again all time to see the difference every lvl up)

2. Having 2 weapons gives a 1-1 damage penalty to both weapons. If this is ment to be its strange that it's 1-1 on ALL two-weapon fighting feat lvls.

Possible alternatives that make sense (additional info about damage reduction with two-weapons can be implanted in the feat description:

0-0 all Two-weapon lvls (KOTOR1)

1-1 on all levels except the last one...

1-1 on last (third) TWF (Two weapon fighting) lvl, 2-4 on lvl 2 TWF, 5-5 on lvl 1 TWF, 7-8 on No TWF lvl 10-10 if ANY lvl dueling

Edited by Battlewookiee

Make enemy force users actually *use* the force.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*Force bump*

Check the main page about the upcoming patch. Seems like it has been written in panic :ph34r:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

O.K. to the people that don't understand the complaint about:

"1) Character sheet to show which powers, stimulants and effects are On during game/battle. There was this feature at KOTOR I (on the light-dark meter). We can have it here too."

The problem isn't that it doesn't exist. The problem is it couldn't be any more inconvenient to access that. It's the same way with the Dialog and Feedback. You have to go through the Journal to acces the Dialog/Feedback and Effects. In KotOR 1, the Effects were right there at the character statistics screen and the Dialog/Feedback had it's own screen. But I do like the fact that they have the Combact Feedback separate from the non-combat.

Oh, and please fix the damn dialog. If I complete a quest for someone and come back and talk to them later, they talk to me like I've never seen them before. Also, if I do something that's part of someone's quest, but didn't know it and go and talk to them, I am unable to tell them "Hey, don't worry. I already took care of that." I hate that. KotOR 1 did not have this problem. And if you expect to keep the pro-BioWare people happy, and you guys are the ones doing K3, you need to fix even the minor problem. The BioWare people were perfectionists in that respect. Some people expect you guys to be the same why. Take care of the little stuff, too.

1. Fix the stability bugs.

2. Fix the campaign/quest bugs.

3. Allow display of the console.

4. Enhance item management with better sorting.

5. Re-add the Bounty Hunter class which was "CUT!!!" according to KT.

6. Use higher quality music.

7. Use higher quality cinematics.

8. ...and so on.

When you kill the Jedi Masters yourself (darkside), are you able to loot their corpses? I was hoping to when Kreia killed them in my lightside game, but the option never came up.  With my perfect lightside char, I was hoping for some cool LS items on them, basically.

I got a Jedi Master robe off Vrook after killing him.

Ah yes, in a dark side game. See, my beef is that I'm greedy, after Kreia forcedrains them to protect my LS char from punishment, I want to see the same thing doable for all 3, at the enclave.