KOTOR2 Ending as KOTOR3 Prologue

Anach

Should/Will we get to see what happens to the other characters in the prologue for KOTOR3.

What happened aboard the Ebon Hawk after it crashed on Malachor, What happened to the team. How about G0-T0 and the remote.

A flashback to the events we didnt see in KOTOR2, then a step forward to current time.

I read somewhere that Kotor 3 is already in development. That might explain why an excellent ending to TSL was cut and a mediocre one replaced it. It may have been at the request of the Kotor 3 developers.

I think I read somewhere that the aim for the Kotor series was that each episode would stand alone, rather than being 'sequels' with the same characters, but this policy might have changed. I don't know who's developing Kotor 3, but I assume they had a good look at Kotor 2 while it was in development. They may have said 'We like this, we like these characters, we want to keep them. So don't resolve any of their issues, and don't kill them off!'.

From the Kotor 3 point of view, it might make sense. The whole 'You start alone, weak and neutral, you gradually pick up strength, allies, and align yourself to light or dark' thing has been done twice already. How much more interesting to start Kotor 3 strongly light or strongly dark, with an existing group of people, and have your alignment challenged, or lose companions during the game. It would be original, at least.

But from the TSL developers' point of view, it would be sticky, especially as this request would come late in development. Given budget and time restraints, the best thing to do would be to recall the actress who played Kreia and record a few ambiguous ending sequences, giving enigmatic but inconclusive accounts of the future of the characters. In other words, exactly what we see when we finish TSL.

It would also explain why Obsidian hasn't responded to players' criticisms of the ending. Kotor 3 is still under wraps.

So here's hoping that we will get satisfaction in the form of Kotor 3. If so, I'm prepared to forgive the poor ending of Kotor 2.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I read somewhere that Kotor 3 is already in development. That might explain why an excellent ending to TSL was cut and a mediocre one replaced it. It may have been at the request of the Kotor 3 developers.

I think I read somewhere that the aim for the Kotor series was that each episode would stand alone, rather than being 'sequels' with the same characters, but this policy might have changed. I don't know who's developing Kotor 3, but I assume they had a good look at Kotor 2 while it was in development. They may have said 'We like this, we like these characters, we want to keep them. So don't resolve any of their issues, and don't kill them off!'.

From the Kotor 3 point of view, it might make sense. The whole 'You start alone, weak and neutral, you gradually pick up strength, allies, and align yourself to light or dark' thing has been done twice already. How much more interesting to start Kotor 3 strongly light or strongly dark, with an existing group of people, and have your alignment challenged, or lose companions during the game. It would be original, at least.

But from the TSL developers' point of view, it would be sticky, especially as this request would come late in development. Given budget and time restraints, the best thing to do would be to recall the actress who played Kreia and record a few ambiguous ending sequences, giving enigmatic but inconclusive accounts of the future of the characters. In other words, exactly what we see when we finish TSL.

It would also explain why Obsidian hasn't responded to players' criticisms of the ending. Kotor 3 is still under wraps.

So here's hoping that we will get satisfaction in the form of Kotor 3. If so, I'm prepared to forgive the poor ending of Kotor 2.

Sounds plausible, if the GameInformer article is true.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy