Did You Like Most Of The Planets In Kotor II?

Hello There,

I just wanted to know did you like all the planets in Kotor II at all? just wanted to know other people opinions on the plants Dxun,Oredon,Dantooine,Macular V (excuse the spelling)

I didnt like Macular V at all it was a terrbly boring planet really nothing there to explore really but what do you all think of the planets you explored.

Hello There, 

I just wanted to know did you like all the planets in Kotor II at all? just wanted to know other people opinions on the plants Dxun,Oredon,Dantooine,Macular V (excuse the spelling)

I didnt like Macular V at all it was a terrbly boring planet really nothing there to explore really but what do you all think of the planets you explored.

I find Dxun not all that different from the Shadowlands in Kashyyk.

Dantooine is, well, same as KOTOR1.

Telos, Onderon is, well somewhat generic and nothing really stands out.

(In fact all the high-tech city interiors like Citadel / Taris / Nar Shardaa really melts into the same thing for me).

In fact, the only planet that stands out to be really different was Malachor V.

I agree, there isn't much going on on the planet, so it's somewhat boring, but in terms of how it looks - it's certainly quite different.

The polar view of Telos was kewl, but too brief (just one area).

In KOTOR1, I love the exploration of the different planets - the desert sun blazing down with lense flare on Tantooine, the kewl breeze amidst the grasslands of Dantoine, the metal landscape of Taris, etc. were all breath-taking the first time I saw it.

In contrast, in KOTOR2, only Malachor 5 managed to make me feel like I am on a new planet. Almost all other planets make me feel like - "been there, done that".

Some planets I would love to see in the future:

- exploration of an snowy / ice planet

- exploration of a crystalline planet

- exploration of a gaseous planet

- exploration of an snowy / ice planet - Hoth

- exploration of a crystalline planet - Dunno

- exploration of a gaseous planet - Bespin, such a cool planet :)

oh yeah, my opinion is the same as Aveeare's... i wanted something new..

Hello There, 

I find Dxun not all that different from the Shadowlands in Kashyyk.

Dantooine is, well, same as KOTOR1.

Telos, Onderon is, well somewhat generic and nothing really stands out.

(In fact all the high-tech city interiors like Citadel / Taris / Nar Shardaa really melts into the same thing for me).

In fact, the only planet that stands out to be really different was Malachor V.

I agree, there isn't much going on on the planet, so it's somewhat boring, but in terms of how it looks - it's certainly quite different.

The polar view of Telos was kewl, but too brief (just one area).

In KOTOR1, I love the exploration of the different planets - the desert sun blazing down with lense flare on Tantooine, the kewl breeze amidst the grasslands of Dantoine, the metal landscape of Taris, etc. were all breath-taking the first time I saw it.

In contrast, in KOTOR2, only Malachor 5 managed to make me feel like I am on a new planet. Almost all other planets make me feel like - "been there, done that".

The sameness of the planets was a BIG disappointment to me. One of the standout features of K1 was the artistry that went into making each planet distinct. In K1 they accomplished this through dynamic backdrops (vis Taris with ships taking off, blinking lights etc.) and exquisite and hauntingly beautiful ambient music. The backdrops in K2, in contrast, are drab and static. The lightning effect and rain was interesting, but too little. It's as if they started to create unique planet atmospherics then stopped. K1 created a sense of otherworldliness, of being in another place and time, especially Kashyk.

I liked Telos, Nard Shaar, and Datooine. Korriban, and Dxun were ok.

Onderon, Peragus (not really a world), and Malichor V were pretty useless and crappy though Malichor had awesome music and the beast could have been better if they actually were a challenge.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

omg omg omg i HATED nar shadda....so many places to go and most of it looked the same...and its so confusing as to what your suposed to do...i just left it and went to onderon.

dantooine didnt seem to different..apart from the sub levels.

peragus was scary.

kreia is my sex toy.

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

IT SUCKED!!!!!

Can you please post a more sufficient argument? Nar Shaddaa is not liked by many because of the number of glitches. Such things fog players from seeing good parts about Shaddaa. What about the fight in the Jekk Jekk Tarr? You take on about 60 people solo. What about the fight with the Red Eclipse? That was fun. If you maintain such a mundane sight of the game, then I am aftraid that you are ruining your gaming experience indeed...

Most of the glitches in Nar Shaddaa are innocuous. TSL is a sedulous game; you can see that effort was put into it. So, <FISH'>, please review all aspects of Nar Shaddaa before posting your rather puerile comments...

That is all.

Dxun was gorgeous, fun to explore... Everything else was alright.

But I thought they were gonna bring Manaan back, I heard somewhere they were... I wanted to kill those ugly fish people Selkath. They sucked. And had the gayest voices. Stinky slimey fishnerds.

The next KOTOR needs like 15 planets... and not with gayass Xbox style corridors, I mean, huge free roaming stuff. Morrowind style!

Peragus I felt was too long as an introduction, though it was good. An hour long intro or so with sidequests and then allowing the player some more freedom of choice I think would work best.

KOTOR2 really shows the limits of the engine. Some scenes like the Telos beach with the shield wall are spectacular, but the lowres textures and low polygon count in the environments really makes places like Dxun and the city on Onderon suffer. Nar Shadaa not having a lot of bystanders and vehicles flying nearby also makes it seem not as alive. Similarly, the refugee camp seemed rather clean.

I think my main complaint is that for the dark mood a limited color palette and overall visually bland textures were used, as opposed to making parts of items actually seem worn with age, etc. For example, the Ravager and Harbinger. Instead of making it prestine and clean looking like the KOTOR1 ships very dark textures and lighting is used. Having prestine segments and areas without power, bloodstains, and blaster burns would then make things seem more 'lived in' and realistic. Nar Shadaa and Onderon could have had graffiti related to the situations on the planets, etc.

The Ebon Hawk I think is one part of the game where they did the 'darker mood' right. With the damaged segments having a different look, scaffolding, the lighting seeming like it's on a lower setting, etc. The difference is that I would have had one or two segments of the ship with the original lighting, and another area flickering between the new and old lighting. To make it seem more like the ship is barely keeping itself working.

Obsidian though did do a good job in not letting things seem as much like tilesets in KOTOR2. A lot of KOTOR1 felt like tilesets, but very well done ones. The environments just seem to scream "add detail here" in KOTOR2 though...

i agree with rhl we need alot but huge worlds adn like 15 20 planets

15-20 planets???!! That would go over 3 discs and you would never finish the game. Think about it.

15-20 planets out of what, billions in the Star Wars universe? And yes, it'd take long but when you beat it... you'd accomplish something. And maybe take out the dark/lightside ending so as to cut down the length. Just an idea. 10 planets would be badass.

Peragus: Wonderfully eerie and Kreia was not helping. I liked having to piece everything together from the holo-records.

Citadel Station: the only planet/place that I did not like. I personally thought it boring except one side quest (High Stakes). Fortunately it wasn't very long.

Telos: I loved this planet. It was just gorgeous like a mixture of Dantooine and the Unknown World.

Dantooine: Great place to get lightsaber crystals, but looks pretty much the same.

Nar Shaddaa: By far my favorite planet. So much to do and if you get the airspeeder working it flows so much easier. :wub:

Dxun: I loved the rain effects in the Jungle.

Onderon: Was okaym but it really wasn't anything to get excited about.

Korriban: Wasn't much different from the first time though I did like the little bits of history the Kriea gives you about the tombs.

Malachor V- Really creepy. I loved it.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

"it took bioware about 3 years to develop, what, 7 or 8 planets (including engine). it took obsidian over a year to develop 7 or 8 planets (already existing engine). asking for 15 to 20 planets is pretty much out of reason since a developer would have to devote too much time for, realistically, too little gain."

Yup. or even worse. The planets would be mostly empty with nothing to do.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Prolog, graphics were poor IMO

Mining colony, very cool place

Citidal Station, It was okay, but i wish there was more area to explore

Telos, cool place, the ocean washing up on the beach looked really cool. The Jedi enclave could of been bigger and I wish i had a chance of looting the Jedi artifacts stored there when i got there or being able to come back at a later time

NarSaddaa, seemed fully developed with lots of quests to do, best in the game in this requard. I wish they had been able to finish the sublevel of the military based so i could explore it.

Dantoina, okay, but could of been bigger. Should of been able to finish redemption quest even if u had a light saber when u first showed up on the planet.

Korriban, disappointing. It looked like they ran out of time and didn't develop it. Hardly anything to do there.

dxon, very cool place with a good amount of things to do. Loved the fog, especially the way the fog hugged the ground.

Ondonar, good, but wished there was more to do there.

I hated Maclcor V (excuse the spelling) it was a terribly boring planet and the worst planet in the game followed agian by Korribon which was a horrible and very boring planet.

telos was ok.Peragus was boring too but is better then Meclor v.Dxun was ok.I would have to say again that Dantooine was the mose live planet and best planet in the game.