Question: Xbox and Kotor

I was thinking (its dagerous, I know) if there is a kotor 3 for the xbox it probly will be on the next gen console. This brings me to the questions I want to ask. Has anybody heard if they still are trying to release it by this coming christmas and what are the spects on the new xbox? I heard they were using modified G5's to make launch titles. Ironic isn't it.

please answer

I was thinking (its dagerous, I know) if there is a kotor 3 for the xbox it probly will be on the next gen console. This brings me to the questions I want to ask. Has anybody heard if they still are trying to release it by this coming christmas and what are the spects on the new xbox? I heard they were using modified G5's to make launch titles. Ironic isn't it.

please answer

Havent heard a peep other then some recent Xboxs being recalled do to faulty wireing in the controllers.

I disagree tho. IF (big if) KotOR3 is in the works it should be for the current XBox. If for no other reason, mass appeal and financial repercussions.

Not everyone is going to buy XBOX 2 immediately and if there is a KotOR3 in the works it should probably release sometime in the early next year. Thats not enough time for folks to upgrade after release of XBox 2.

Course they could release it as a special title for the XBox 2 release. Probably would get people to Upgrade to a XBox 2 faster. Just have to see!

Personally I would like Part 3 to release on current XBox's tho!

please answer

Havent heard a peep other then some recent Xboxs being recalled do to faulty wireing in the controllers.

I disagree tho. IF (big if) KotOR3 is in the works it should be for the current XBox. If for no other reason, mass appeal and financial repercussions.

Not everyone is going to buy XBOX 2 immediately and if there is a KotOR3 in the works it should probably release sometime in the early next year. Thats not enough time for folks to upgrade after release of XBox 2.

Course they could release it as a special title for the XBox 2 release. Probably would get people to Upgrade to a XBox 2 faster. Just have to see!

Personally I would like Part 3 to release on current XBox's tho!

The time frame you just gave is what obsidian used this time and the game came out incomplete and didn't achieve the greatness of the first. For a game like kotor series I think it should be in devlopment for at least 2 years. Next gen consoles are due out in 1 year earliest, to 3 years, latest. So the question is why not go to the next gen consoles for the third instalment. Also even if not everyone has "upgraded" to the next gen xbox it doesn't mean that the game won't be successful. Look at Halo. It came out early in the Xbox life cycle and is very popular. Also Kotor has a edge when it comes to jumping to the next gen console. It has a popular following in the game community, so even if it doesn't break sales records the first weekend it comes out it can depend on fans to buy it when they do upgrade.

That is what I think anyway.

People people people.. can we NOT start talking about XBox 2 already - please??!!  I mean come on, I just bought the friggin XBox and already we're talking about games coming out for the next one?  BAH!

Well it is coming out later this year :rolleyes:

I just bought an Xbox and haven't even had for a year now.

But if K3, which is still in work it's just been postponed, comes out it will be for Xbox 2.

They'd have to bring it out for both systems if anything because there's going to be a lot of angry Xboxers otherwise. And I'll be one of them. I certainly will eventually buy an XBox 2 but I'll be damned if I buy it at release when its a $500 +. No thanks!

Actually I would not worry too much, new consoles tend to have weak launch games because of the time it takes to release the console in all regions.

If the Xbox 2 is released in end 2005 it means its only going to be released in NA in end 2005, mid 2006 in PAL and end 2006 in JPN.

It usually takes about a year to start seeing the good games comming out so it can be sold in all the world.

Mind that does not mean there are not good launch games but they are few and usually the publisher is the same that makes the consoles, Halo 3 is more likely to be a Xbox 2 Launch game that KotOR III.

Besides nothing stops then from supporting the older console, GBA games did not stop because DS was to be released.

drakron.png