Consular Build

Ginny

I thought to focus only on getting Wisdom very high, but I think Charisma is just as important so I will focus items, bonus points, (etc.) on Cha/Wis equally.

Here are the starting stats I thought to try:

12 Strength

10 Dexterity

10 Constitution

10 Intelligence

16 Wisdom

16 Charisma

I plan to simply alternate bonus points between Cha and Wis as I level (which by level 20 would give me a 19 Wisdom and 18 Charisma.

1. How poor will my lightsaber ability be with such a focused character? I planned to go prestige Jedi Master, but would Weaponmaster be a better option?

2. Are there plenty of items to get a high charisma and wisdom or are most items focused mainly on wisdom for the consular? Remember, very few skills and low con so no great implants and item creation.

3. Which skills should I focus on with my meager skill points? (Class Skills: Awareness, Repair, Treat Injury, Persuade). Just evenly divide them between all 4? What bonsues will I lose out on with poor skills? (I think you get a WIS bonus from T3 with high repair).

4. And finally, is there an area that has a steady spawn of creatures so I can level my character (maybe as high as 50)? Apparently the bad guys scale with your level, so I would like to ultimately max out the character.

I did consular/Jedi Master. You'll have so many freaking FP, that you can use DS powers no problemo. You may want to consider a 12 CON so you can at least use some implants.

You can up your strength + dex with items in the game (under/overlays; belts, implants, gloves, crystals, etc). I'd take master toughness and weapon finesse and master flurry. Most of the game was pretty easy so long as you kept your PC from being beat on, but there are a few places where you'll need to actually fight.

I thought to focus only on getting Wisdom very high, but I think Charisma is just as important so I will focus items, bonus points, (etc.) on Cha/Wis equally.

Here are the starting stats I thought to try:

12 Strength

10 Dexterity

10 Constitution

10 Intelligence

16 Wisdom

16 Charisma

I plan to simply alternate bonus points between Cha and Wis as I level (which by level 20 would give me a 19 Wisdom and 18 Charisma.

Also, how poor will my lightsaber ability be with such a focused character? I planned to go prestige Jedi Master, but would Weaponmaster be a better option?

Are there plenty of items to get a high charisma and wisdom or are most items focused mainly on wisdom for the consular? Remember, very few skills and low con so no great implants and item creation.

Which skills should I focus on with my meager skill points? (Class Skills: Awareness, Repair, Treat Injury, Persuade). Just evenly divide them between all 4? What bonsues will I lose out on with poor skills? (I think you get a WIS bonus from T3 with high repair).

And finally, is there an area that has a steady spawn of creatures so I can level my character (maybe as high as 50)? Apparently the bad guys scale with your level, so I would like to ultimately max out the character.

Not bad, but you might want to put the 12 in Int instead, to up your skills. Frankly, you will be using your powers to the extent so that the +1 melee is minute. I did it with Jedi Master and had no problems other than the tournament style sidequest fights, but I even beat those after a few tries. You find a lot of items to increase both. However, my wisdom was higher than my Charisma at the end, and I was focusing on charisma, but most items that increase charisma do the same for wisdom, except have a higher raise for wisdom. For skills, Treat Injury, Persuade and Repair. This allows you to make some u seful items, increase droid capibilities, and it increases the power of your healing. Persuade is critical for a consular, as well, since that is the way (I believe) the class is meant to be played.

There are some areas with repeating spawns, but I don't remember them.

Dark side powers SHOULD work well with a high charisma, since that's what it says, but I've never tested this. You can still fight very well with a lightsaber, but the idea of a Jedi Consular/Master with dark side powers is frightening. I could cast all of my buffs and heals and my mana would barely be touched before it recovered because of light saber styles. I was powerful, and I had more mana than a dozen jedi's combined. I could stasis even Nihilus and Sion.

I'd definitely shift points into INT. You could lower strength to 10, & Wisdom to 15, then use those 4 points to have 14 INT. (And then up WIS at the first chance).

Two reasons: skills are very important in KOTOR 2, plus having a higher INT (and high skills) opens up a lot of dialogue options. Given that you'll breeze through the game regardless (yes, it's that easy), you should have the INT & skills so that you can talk more & learn more about the characters & world. That is the best part of the game, anyhow.

I think the problem with your consular build is that you're not taking into account that you get so many things that can boost your wisdom and charisma that there is no excuse to waste initial points on paying 2 for 15 and 16's.

I'd go with the traditional

12 Strength

12 Dexterity

14 Constitution

14 Intelligence

12 Wisdom

14 Charisma

and I'd add my 4, 8, 12, and 16 attribute level-ups all for constitution. The reason being that no matter what you'll have another FP so that whenever you use a FP towards the end of the game you'll regain it right away.. especially with the force techniques that the consulars learn.

By going for the 18 on constitution you actually help your characters wisdom and charisma mo ebecause you'll run into thigns like the universal implant or certain D-implants focussing on mental upgrades.

The exile crystal will add to your wisdom and charisma and you will always get the Ossus Keeper robes on Onderon that give you big bonusses in your mental attributes. Even with the random loot you'll also run into belts, head items, and gloves that bost your wisdom

So basically, I'm saying that there is no upside to wasting attribute points going for the 16's early on when no matter what you'll end up with way too much FP for your own good and the such....

P.S. I also don't get the warning about consulars being for experienced players because I thought playing with a consular was easier. Don't even get me started on how retarded the game got once you had force crush and could even man-handle the giant storm beast.

8 Strength

12 Dexterity

10 Constitution

16 Intelligence

16 Wisdom

12 Charisma

This was my consular/jedi master. I first put two points to charisma and after that I put all points to wisdom. It was kinda pointless to take jedi master class after 17 levels of consular. I ended up having lots of force powers that I rarely ever used. He couldn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

My consular/jedi master was

STR 10

DEX 14

CON 14

INT 12

WIS 14

CHA 14

Took Finesse, and dueling, ok, some battles where I was forced not to use Force Powers where difficult, but I managed to come through somehow, no DS powers, master flurry for attack along with master speed, until of course you get Force wave. By the end of the game, I had items that boosted my WIS to 34, along with the attribute advancement, I had about 38 Def with just robes, without activating force aura, and killed most of the bad guys either with Stasis field, master speed, flurry, or with just force wave. I raised Persuade, Repair and Treat Injury all the time, almost no awareness, didn't use the workbench or the lab much, and finished the game in about 31 hours of gameplay, plus an extra hour or two of reloading for various reasons. Fought unarmed most of the time, until I found some decent upgrades for my lightsaber. I think I took all of endurance feats, also.

post-10052-1108920145_thumb.jpg

This is my Barden Saper (generated name) Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weaponmaster. Quite powerful indeed and I DON'T have a doubt that many people can go to 30 or 35, but... whatever. Actually I don't remember my starting points exactly but I'll try to write them:

Str 14

Dex 12

Const 14

Intelligence 10

Wisdom 15

Cha 12

For your Consular I'll opt for constitution 16 and then 18 to use the best implants. I don't have 18 constutition and I feel a little bit sorry for not using the best implants in the game. Physical D-boost give +3 to the prime: Strength, Dex and Const. You will have plenty of Wisdom. As I started with 15 Wisdom, at the end my Jedi Guardian has 32 and at the middle of the game I hardly had any problems with Force Points. Charisma also shouldn't be a problem, but you can put a couple of points.

It's me really. I was playing with a Guardian - immensly strong indeed and really it wasn't a big deal. I mastered Speed, Valor, Heal, Dominate Mind, Push, Stasis, Destroy Robots and Force Immunity. Actually for Stasis and Destroy Robots I'm a bit sorry, because I hardly used them except when destroying some mines. For most of the time my fighting was consisted of the Forces: Push, Master Speed, Valor and Heal.

My advise for your Consular:

Str 12

Dex 12

Const 15

Int 12

Wis 15

Cha 12

I'd plan to get 18 con (start it at 14)

If you want skills int is useful too.

The reason you need con is that all implants are based on your true con not your adjusted and the later implants are nice indeed.

Str you can leave at 8, blast things with lightning instead.

Dex 14 is fine until it starts to get boosted from items. Many items are wis/dex boosters.

Then its really a choice on whether you want less skills and good chr or high skills and lower chr.

Personally I would go with the high skills as the consular bonus will offset the charisma and if your LS the crystal boosts your chr and wis silly ammounts.

The stats that you cant increase a lot are con (not at all for implant purposes) and int (int items appart from implants seem to be rare).

Best advice, play something you enjoy. The game dosnt require clever builds to be successful.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]