Lightsaber Glitch, anyone?

Ok, I know this problem is relatively cosmetic compared to all the driver issues, crashes, etc. that people are having, but this little bug is driving me absolutely mad:

The Permanently Ignited Saber Glitch.

My poor Jedi is running around barely able to keep it in his pants, poor dear (very Freudian, I know). Every time a new area loads, or even a cutscene, the saber is ignited, and will only cycle to the "de-ignite" animation if you hit the "flourish" key or unequip/re-equip. Anyone else annoyed by this? It's hard for the Exile to keep a low profile when he just can't keep his saber from popping up every two minutes like a teenage boy.

Anyone have any suggestions/fixes? I hope this tiny detail does get covered in a patch, along with all the more game-threatening issues.

Well, I had that problem on Nar Shaddaa, but it wasn't related to any crystals. The lightsaber had no crystals in it except the color crystal and it was held by another party member, not the main character.

The way I fixed it was to switch to the character who had the lightsaber permanently on and then hit X to flourish the weapon. It extinguished itself and behaved normally after that.