Finished the game for the first time.

Congrats to Obsidian for creating a worthy sequel to the first game :( KOTOR is my favorite game only equaled by the System Shock series. KOTOR 1 is like a small, perfect diamond. KOTOR 2 is a much bigger, but rough diamond.

As I have read in other posts the plot starts to rush after the meeting with the three Jedi Masters on Dantooine. I have been thinking about this since I finished the game (Sign of a good story), I want to post my thoughts on how the ending could have been better to try and get them out of my head so I can get some work done :blink:

I think there needed to be a scene added after the destruction of the Ravager over Telos were the Exile abandons his companions and goes to face Darth Traya on his own. Visas could explain to the rest of the party that the Exile is drawing power from the rest of them and he does not want to put them in danger. Plus Traya wants no harm to come to the Exile, but since most of the party are force sensitive she would love to see them dead.

GoTo and the little droid could sneak aboard. The exile and T3 could have a conversation onboard. The Exile thanks T3 for all the droid has done and tells him he cant come with him. T3 responds by pointing out that the Ebone Hawk is his ship and the Exile is just a passenger. The Exile reluctantly agrees to his company. The last cut scene were the Hawk flies out of Traya's accademy could cut to inside the ship were T3 is desperately trying to repair and fly the ship.

If scenes like these were added there would be no need for Mria to be on Malacor 5. Which had nothing to do with the main plot.

----------------------------------------

p.s Had a thought about the HK-50 factory. I think it was under Traya's academy on Malacor 5. Revan created the prototype HK unit and Traya seems to be the one who knows Revan the most. It makes sense that she is the one who found the blueprints for the droids and created them as another test for the Exile.

----------------------------------------

Just noticed I have only unlocked 54 out of 65 cut scenes. The only party member I opened the force to was Atton. I did not realise that most in your party could use the force, I got a little sick of having to ask the same question over and over to find if I could ask something new. Do you get more cut scenes from the others?

Just noticed I have only unlocked 54 out of 65 cut scenes. The only party member I opened the force to was Atton. I did not realise that most in your party could use the force, I got a little sick of having to ask the same question over and over to find if I could ask something new. Do you get more cut scenes from the others?

Yes, you get a cutscene from Kreia/Darth Traya if you ask her if shes a Jedi or Sith, you get a cutscene if you train Handmaiden, some more cutscenes come from beating the game again with the opposite force alignment cause theres 2 different endings...these are the only cutscenes I can think of that you dont get automatically but I only have 58/65 cutscenes so there are more... :(

The ending feels very disjointed like as if they were planning something but either ran out of time or changed their minds and left the bits in.

Having seen Mira I left the Traya Academy and expected her to be on the doorstep, of course she wasnt.

I think there is some way to destroy the planet but I'm not sure how. In my game the Iridonion stopped talking quite early on. Probably something to do with needing more influence but he mostly did bench duties.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The ending wasn't too bad. There are much more things in the game that are stupid to worry about. The biggest weaknesses of the ending is the stupid crap with the two droid balls and Mira.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Look at the cut material.  Damn, I sound like a broken record  ;)  :)

Even though I wasnt happy with the lack of ending. That ending is so unstarwars I would have been even less happy with it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I enjoyed the end game, but i did miss having a cut scene and the end of the game. Of course i would like to know it Malachor was blown up or not, and how they got off the planet because a cut scene the ebon hawk being destroyed. The surface of Malachor could of looked a lot better. The sith academy looked good but no way to access any library material. I did notice there was a meditation chamber and west wing cells that could be seen by a dot denoting there location but no way to access them, disapointing.

Overall, I enjoyed the whole game, and the ending left an opening for a KotOR 3. Hopefully, Obsidian or Bioway will do it and not LA. Just because LA decided not to do it in house doesn't mean they having choosen someone to do it. We just don't know if KotOR 3 will be done until some says yes and says NO to put a stop to the rumors. Given the games success, I think and hope there will be anyother KotOR. With a new engine please, take a look at Oblivion pics.

I enjoyed the end game, but i did miss having a cut scene and the end of the game.  Of course i would like to know it Malachor was blown up or not, and how they got off the planet because a cut scene the ebon hawk being destroyed.  The surface of Malachor could of looked a lot better.  The sith academy looked good but no way to access any library material.  I did notice there was a meditation chamber and west wing cells that could be seen by a dot denoting there location but no way to access them, disapointing.

Overall, I enjoyed the whole game, and the ending left an opening for a KotOR 3.  Hopefully, Obsidian or Bioway will do it and not LA.  Just because LA decided not to do it in house doesn't mean they having choosen someone to do it.  We just don't know if KotOR 3 will be done until some says yes and says NO to put a stop to the rumors.  Given the games success, I think and hope there will be anyother KotOR.  With a new engine please, take a look at Oblivion pics.

Erm I thought Malachor V *does* get destroyed in the LS ending?

And I finished the third level with the Handmaiden but got no cutscene :blink:.