Swoop racing - does it even work right?

I'm having a bit of trouble with the swoop racing, and I just wanted to ask this: is it possible to win on any of the swoop courses without cheating? The best I did on Citadel Station was 43.08 seconds or something close to it for second place. The problem is that I would steer over several acceleration pads on the course that apparently did not function. My speed was NOT boosted even though I ran right over the f------ things, so I'm wondering if it's buggy (what a surprise that would be <sarcasm>) or if the "dead" pads were some sort of intentional thing that maybe wasn't mentioned in the swoop racing instructions. I've tried running the same course dozens of times at this point & the same thing just keeps happening. Of course, if someone has a cheat I can use I'd be grateful as this is just irritating the hell out of me (and I'm already irritated enough with the game as is :wacko: ).

I'm having a bit of trouble with the swoop racing, and I just wanted to ask this: is it possible to win on any of the swoop courses without cheating? The best I did on Citadel Station was 43.08 seconds or something close to it for second place. The problem is that I would steer over several acceleration pads on the course that apparently did not function. My speed was NOT boosted even though I ran right over the f------ things, so I'm wondering if it's buggy (what a surprise that would be <sarcasm>) or if the "dead" pads were some sort of intentional thing that maybe wasn't mentioned in the swoop racing instructions. I've tried running the same course dozens of times at this point & the same thing just keeps happening. Of course, if someone has a cheat I can use I'd be grateful as this is just irritating the hell out of me (and I'm already irritated enough with the game as is  :wacko: ).

I actually got the best time twice on citadel, but it said I didn't complete the race...man was I pissed off.

I noticed the "dead pad" thing too, but it really only seemed to happen if I had just "switched gears" so to speak.

I noticed the "dead pad" thing too, but it really only seemed to happen if I had just "switched gears" so to speak.

Wince, well I guess that means it's yet another exercise in futility then. Although, I must say that I'm pretty sure that I ran over two dead pads a couple of seconds after accelerating (on the other hand, at least two occured right after I accelerated). Meh, go figure. I think I'll just swear off it then unless I find a cheat, sigh.

Yes, same happens to me. The bike stays at the jump height for the whole race and therefore doesn't make contact with the pads. I actually made it go at normal ground height by bumping into few things at Nar Shaddaa, but that's not a very reliable workaround.

SODOFF Steam group.

On the Citadel i have 40.08 and 41.something at Nar shadda

i noticed that bug too you have to jump at the beginning

i fear you lose a bit of time but is the only way to not float around

so when the light is green press both "start" and jump

That jumping problem never happened to me, but the whole "Dead pad" thing usualy means you have just changed gears, or it is immpossible to go any faster, as evidenced by the whole motion blurr when you go realy fast.

Strike me down if you wish, but i will become more powerfull than even I could possibly imagine.

I am so glad you aren't forced to do swoop-racing or shoot ships in this game. I think this is one area where Obsidian really listened to fan feedback. These mini-games in Kotor 1 were either ridiculously easy (for people who play arcade-style games regularly) or ridiculously difficult (for people like me who never do). Am delighted that swoop-tracks are back for thems as likes them, and that I don't even know what they look like in Kotor 2.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I loved the swoop racing in KOTOR1. I hated the swoop racing in KOTOR2. Why? Because the race was full of bugs, making it impossible to complete (you start the race and suddenly your swoop goes up into the air, making it impossible to speed up on the booster pad things) and having to jump the obstacles, which doesn't even work properly anyway. So I didnt bother trying to do the swoop racing in KOTOR2.

I only came across three turret games - the first was unfortunately compulsory, when you escape Peragus and you have to shoot the Sith troopers. UK's PC Gamer called it 'excruciatingly painful', and I have to agree.

Shooting the fighters in the other two games at Onderon was easier, but still annoying.

And Pazaak? Well, I could never do it in KOTOR1, so I saw little point in wasting my time with it in KOTOR2.