Here's a great tip...

Rhl

Try releasing a patch for the thousands of people who bought your game for $50 each. 90% of your users can't even play KOTOR2 WITHOUT BUGS of some sort ruining the atmosphere or forcing them to reload to get past parts... give us the support we deserve, or we probably won't be buying anymore obsidian games. Shame on you, this is the Black Isle that made the beautiful Planescape: Torment and Baldur's Gate games with Bioware? :rolleyes:" Show us by giving us the patch we sorely need. :-"

"How do you know it's not 90%? Back up your accusations with some facts yourself for a change."

He's made the assertion that bugs have made the game unfinishable. It seems to me by pure facts that simply isn't true. Of course, youa re just trolling 'cause it happened to be me to call him out on it. He amde the assertion so he needs to prove it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He's made the assertion that bugs have made the game unfinishable. It seems to me by pure facts that simply isn't true. Of course, youa re just trolling 'cause it happened to be me to call him out on it.  He amde the assertion so he needs to prove it.

pwn3d.

Seriously, though, the percentage of gamers who visit the game's forums is small (something like 10% last time I read), and any polling that is done on a forum is by its nature skewed. If polling were mandatory, then maybe we'd get a semi-accurate depiction of what percentage of gamers are having significant problems with the game. As is, though, those who haven't experienced any major bugs in a game are most likely to be wooed away from polls by a combination of 5000 other interesting topics, rampant whining, and out-of-control fanboiism. As a result, any poll results from a game forum should be taken with a grain of salt (actually, a whole freakin' bushel of salt, but you get the point).

1.Game is unfinished(HK factory missing,sluggish coding/textures,dialogues that lead nowhere when they should and the crap endings)

2.Ocassional glitches and other finesse thingies awfuly corrupt(when the original had none or too few)

3. The BIG thing..actually quote from teh README.TXT in Docs:

"--------------------------------------------------------------

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II Manual Errata/Updates

--------------------------------------------------------------

------------

Known Issues

------------

--------------------

Intermittent Crashes

--------------------

The game may freeze or crash to a blank screen if you play

in one level for extended periods of time. This was typically

seen when playing the game between thirty and forty minutes

without transitioning to a new level or movie. We recommend

that you save the game often to avoid losing progress if you

encounter this issue."

I mean WTF is this? Just because u tell me that u coded SO badly teh game I should take the BS and live with it????

We paid for a FINISHED product NOT a crap Beta test or a "Oh well..we`ll patch it or not we really don`t care since u already paid us teh money u fools"

..and we are wondering why there are so many cracked copies around...

I`m afraid that we bought ONLY the name and NOT the game since that can be called easily pre-release

3. The BIG thing..actually quote from teh README.TXT in Docs:

"--------------------------------------------------------------

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II Manual Errata/Updates

--------------------------------------------------------------

------------

Known Issues

------------

--------------------

Intermittent Crashes

--------------------

The game may freeze or crash to a blank screen if you play

in one level for extended periods of time. This was typically

seen when playing the game between thirty and forty minutes

without transitioning to a new level or movie. We recommend

that you save the game often to avoid losing progress if you

encounter this issue."

:p

90% is a rather big exaggeration. There will be a lot of people with problems though. Most will just shrug and carry on as most of the bugs aren't game stopping, So they will ignore them if they can or just stop playing, or as in some peoples cases they don't get the bugs. I don't know why this happens but it does, and apparently it happens very often in lucas/ obsidian qa

I am surprised by the total lack of feedback from obsidian since the xbox us release. They started off as a very talkative team full of info. But now the game is out they have dried up. They could learn from Bioware, most companies could imho, there are more posts from the devs there than the live team, and they did keep us upto date on patch work.

I would guess that 100% of the people who bought this game are experiencing bugs. The reaction to that varies, but that's kind of irrelevant. Obsidian should put out a solid product. Imagine how amazing this game *could* have been had Obsidian been free to do what needed to be done.

Whatever, But I'm unplayable one for now. And i can't find my solution to the Black screen of death problem at this time.

Guess what's my boring score. - -

well, i'm 30 hrs into game now and i have only experienced one crash.

the most annoying "bugs" if you can call them that are the various ai-malfunctions that really make the fighting tedious at times (for example turning on the "stationary-mode" ironically causes characters to run headfirst into fights).

so i agree that the game lacks polish and could have used a few more months in development.

in those cases where people cannot run the game at all or experience constant crashes however, it is almost always the users fault. and i don't just mean kotor:tsl but really any game.

in 99% of all cases the reason the game won't run properly is either:

+ overclocking of one or more components

+ lack of proper cooling

+ outdated / unofficial motherboard-, sound- und graphics-drivers

+ spyware, malware what-have-you

- the occasional faulty hardware (especially ram)

- programs running in the background (especially firewalls, virus-scanners and messenger programms) - pull the plug on the internet while gaming and deactivate those

just my 2 cents.

kind regards

gleeful

i havnt had any crashes. however, i have run into MANY game stopping bugs. some that made me restart from the first lvl.

1. fighting he 2 droids at the exchance. if one or both of them dont make it out of the door on time before it lock them in you cant finish the lvl. yes a character that is standing in front of the door and blocks the path of the droids will screw this up. just script it so the damn door dosent lock. (and the noobs are thinking dont stand in front of the door)

2. bar fight witht the twin suns. for some reason one of the sisters killed the other one?!?!? she didnt attack me at all and had to restart that lvl.

thats just the name some. im sure there is a bug forum, so im off to look for it.

how strange my game was alright thought i did experice sluggy combat while fighting sith and a black screen while loading and a double cut scene but apart from that I had no other problems.

Also a couple of time in Jek Jek tarrs cantina I could walk threw a door lol I knew that was a glitch.

I had some strange bugs ..

people turning around at wierd moments and looking away in a conversation (clearly not meant to)

some people disappearing during conversation and then spawning inside a wall later (my self for instance)..

camera inside the head of some talking

sometimes it would fastforward over some parts of the conversations, so I couldn't read or hear what they said ..

and it crashed to desktop 6-7 times during the entire game .. and it corrupted a few save games as well, bringing me back almost 4 hours one time ..

so I'm one of those who got all the bad bugs I gues .. ;)

Fortune favors the bald.

Well im one of those for whom the game is unplayable! I uninstall the game and reinstall it every time i want to play it beacause if i don't it wont load ANY savegame. It crashes every single time!! And now it WONT PLAY not matter what i do!!! :blink:

I mailed LUCAS SUPPORT about a week ago AND NO REPLY!!! I mean, not even, -we do not know the problem but will look at it asap... NOTHING!

I wonder how much they care... And obsidian too. Obsidians must have not even looked at this forum ever! I have never seen any reply anywhere...

And it's such a shame, because companies complain about piracy but when it comes to customer care they look away. Support is what they can and MUST offer to their customers. Appart from the product, support is the no.2 reason to buy a legal copy!

..anyway...

since you were talking about BUGS:

in the begining, in the minig colony, when the freaky sith comes and Kreia confronts him, i walked near the locked door and switched from my 2nd character to my main, and my main characted actually appeared in the room with Kreia and the Sith!!!!! The sith wouldnt attack or anything. They stood there watching each other -if you want to know what realy happened there ;)

90%? Don't make myths, rumours, and innuendo up please.

stop trying to be clever, those three words are contextually wrong, well any truly intelligent person who has a decent grasp on the english language will notice the subtle difference between words that makes what you said wrong.

as for the game, as long as you quicksave frequently and are blessed with a certain degree of luck you should manage :(

"stop trying to be clever, those three words are contextually wrong, well any truly intelligent person who has a decent grasp on the english language will notice the subtle difference between words that makes what you said wrong."

Bah. Stop trying to be the Writing Police. I think my point was made.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bah. Stop trying to be the Writing Police. I think my point was made.

It was. Keep up the good work... :)

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.