Plot Hole

Just finished the game, there is one thing that really bothers me....

Spoilers involved, don't read if you don't want spoilers!!!

at the end of the game when you confront Kreia, Darth Traya, you're FORCED to eventually say "I came here to kill you Kreia". Personally, that doesn't make any sense. It was dicussed several times during the game that if She dies, than you do as well, because of your powerful bond.

When her hand was cut off it really hurt you too. How could she die and it not affect you at all? They should have explained that, it was just silly not to. Unless I missed it? But I don't think I did

Overall though it was a great game. It was thoroughly enjoyable up until Malachor V where several things happened that were never shown/explained, when they clearly should have been.

But overall yeah I loved it, and it was better than the first in my opinion. One odd ending does not ruin a game that was immensely enjoyable.

I definately don't think it's inconsistent...

I'd like to think that this was meant to be ironic. A play on the "final confrontation" cliche. That the exile's words meant that he was willing to give up his own life to stop Traya from killing the force...

But because "the bond" topic was covered by just about every key player in the game, you are made to believe, even early on, that fatality isn't possible because of it.

Which means it's just cheesey "final confrontation" dialogue, and whatever irony you can read into it is just coincidence.

I'd like to think that this was meant to be ironic. A play on the "final confrontation" cliche. That the exile's words meant that he was willing to give up his own life to stop Traya from killing the force...

That would make sense, and I would have been happy with that if they would have mentioned something to that effect. Kreia said early on after what happened with her hand that if she died, the exile dying was strong possibility.

Having the exile kill her, without dying himself and no mention of the bond whatsoever in the dialogue seems like a very serious hole to me.

I agree that there should have been some dialogue about this, but here's the rub...

Kreia turned the Ebonhawk into her own personal puppet show. She did get Sion to cut off her hand in order for you to experience it's so-called effect, afterall... So, after the truth was out, were you really still willing to believe it was a real "bond," or just another one- perhaps the source- of her manipulations?

If you talk to anyone else about the bond, they are less convinced about it's severity. They seem perplexed by it, rather than frightened of it. The members of the jedi council note it's danger, but don't get freaked out about it. And that made me believe that the bond was expendable. Because the council are also using you- to expose the sith threat to them- it would kind of mess up their plans if you did something stupid, like lay waste to this force bond and in turn waste youself as well.

Kreia herself mentions that when they'e fighting together they are both well trained enough in the force to disreguard it's effects... So, should they face each other in combat, wouldn't the same apply?

When I first started fighting with her, I checked to see if my swings were doing damage to me too, but I wasn't even slightly surprised to see that they weren't (might've breathed a sigh of relief perhaps, shien form + master power attack would have = OUCH!)...

That would make sense, and I would have been happy with that if they would have mentioned something to that effect. Kreia said early on after what happened with her hand that if she died, the exile dying was strong possibility.

i tend to agree with kingofthieves in this, since there is one line of dialogue where the exile threatens to turn on the mass shield generator to destroy malachor, and kreia responds with something like "then you would kill yourself as well" and the exiles response was something like "if thats what it takes to end your reign" or something similar.

but youre right, it might have been nice if that was atleast touched upon during dialogue, especially when she says shell answer all your questions.

at the end of the game when you confront Kreia, Darth Traya, you're FORCED to eventually say "I came here to kill you Kreia".  Personally, that doesn't make any sense.

I don't remember having to say that. :rolleyes:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

at the end of the game when you confront Kreia, Darth Traya, you're FORCED to eventually say "I came here to kill you Kreia".  Personally, that doesn't make any sense.

I don't remember having to say that. :p

i ran through all the dialogue options available to me several times, and that was the only one left after I went through every dialogue tree. Maybe it's only because I was male/LS or it was a glitch :huh:

I actually went around the conversation tree a few times with Kreia because if you ask one question you don't get to ask others unless to go back to the beginning. The ending response for me gave me a choice between "I came here to Kill you" and "Let's end this." Either one I guess leads to a fight.

Kreia herself wasn't sure about the severity of the force bond.

She said it is possible that it might kill the other, but she is not willing to try it out.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he