Blowing up doors??

Okay, have anyone else noticed that the action menu sometimes tends to disappear? That you don't get the option to bash or pick the lock?

Now, I'm located in the dormitories in the Peragus mining facility, where there is a locked door (presumably where that smuggler guy has his hidden cache) that I can't get through. A message saying I need to use a mine to blow the door open appears when I click the door, but I just don't know how to do this! The action menu thing is entirely missing from the picture. Having encountered this problem before, I reloaded yet nothing changed. The strange thing is that when I went looking around in the rest of the room, all the other objects had action menues "attached".

Now, could it be that I'm doing something wrong, and you don't need the action menu to blow open this door? How did you guys do this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Scroll right and the action menu should reappear then go through your mines and in brakets underneath where it says what kind of ine it is (frag, sonic etc)it should say that it for use on doors just stand by the door and set the mine. Then back off and it should automatically detonate opening the door for you.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Check your inventory to see if you actually have any mines (I think they are supposed to be sonic mines). If you don't, you need to find some and they should show up as the right button of the three. If you have several types of mines, you will see some arrows above and below the picture so you can select which type of mine you want to use.

Slight update here... On closer examination it turns out I only have grenades and a sonic DETONATOR. Is this the same as a sonic mine?

Nope two different things.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I think the detonator should do the job. If you want to make sure, I think this is how to find the explosives to open it:

Go to the obs window console, hack it and open the locked door. Go through it and you should find a narrow hallway going down, with some turns. At the bottom, a new area with a large pipeline. In that area, there should be a corpse with the charges, and I believe a datapad as well.

But I'm quite sure the menu should be there regardless of whether you have the explosives or not.

"Obs"

Obs = Obsidian

P.S. I was making a silly joke that's obviously beyond your grasp or doesn't make sense... Anyways... Seriosuly, I'd liek to help with your problem; but can't..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, your joke makes sense now, at least... Given that LA is LucasArts.

But still... I can't find any of those damn mines. Can't get the f*cking cheats to work either, so I can summon one. (only in the interest of checking if the action menu should decide to return then, of course...)

Oh, sorry. I used the abbreviation without thinking.

Observation window was what I meant to say. There should be a room with a ramp up that leads straight to a computer console in front of a window where you can see the Ebon Hawk. In the room, the lower level, there should also be two doors. One can be unlocked by the droid, the other only later. Use the console to open one of the doors and you should see a ramp down, followed by a left U-turn, and another ramp down. Eventually, you'll reach a new area and there will be a large pipeline structure there. Somewhere in that area (it's a small area), you should find a miners corpse and he should have the explosives you need.

I think I have isolated the problem, so to speak. When I leveled up, and placed one point in DEMOLITIONS, the action menu reappeared, and would allow me to place the mines I've found.

However, my skill wasn't high enough! :D

Anyways, thanks for all the help guys, appreciate it immensely!

Ah, that would explain a lot, I guess. Well, have you openened the morgue, talked to Kreia and taken the weapon on the corpse (don't remember, some sort of tool like a welder)? You should use that to bash the door open, I'm not sure if you can do anything before you've spoken to Kreia.

• 17 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...