Mouse cursor gone missing

Zorax

Hello,

I have played through KotOR II with only minor bugs (plot NPCs getting stuck in areas they should have left etc.), and I guess the latest one is not that big either. But still very annoying.

I am not entirely sure when it happened, but it may have been after I started the game after updating it with the first patch (which supposedly only fixes the manual, but happened to write to several other files as well for some reason). I also recall that I did an Alt+F4 exit of the game for the first time before this happened as well.

Now, what happened was that my mouse cursor wasn't showing when I started the game. I managed to click on the LOAD menu and load my last save by watching the highlight of the menu when my invisible cursor hit the menu. I also noticed that whenever I clicked the left mouse button it was visible as well, so I could easily find the cursor by clicking. But otherwise I can't see it.

Same thing in the game itself. I tried to turn Mouse Look on and off as well, but that's something else and didn't affect it. So basically what this means is that it takes about twice as long to do stuff since I have to try for a while before I actually hit anything with my mouse, or use the keyboard more.

So I would very much like this resolved, if anyone know how I can get my mouse cursor back to normal and not semi invisible like it is now.

Thank you.

-Zorax-

I tried to turn Mouse Look on and off as well, but that's something else and didn't affect it.

Also, the cursor shows when I move it over an enemy, and anything else that changes the cursor into something else than the default one (like the attack or talk icon).

Your point being? You can turn it on and off inside the menu, while ctrl should only enable/disable it temporarily. If this is a bug, you need to find out where it lies, and if you do get a cursor when holding ctrl, it's the game. If not, it's your computer.

Your point being? You can turn it on and off inside the menu, while ctrl should only enable/disable it temporarily. If this is a bug, you need to find out where it lies, and if you do get a cursor when holding ctrl, it's the game. If not, it's your computer.

My point being that it has nothing to do with Mouse Look directly since I tried to press the right mouse button both with Mouse Look on and Mouse Look off. I also tried Ctrl, which does the same.

And it's not my computer since it worked perfectly up until yesterday.

I had the exact same problem with the disappeared mouse cursor today. And guess what - it only happened after I'd installed that first patch. Now I uninstalled the entire game, installed it once again and left out the patch - now the mouse works perfectly again. That patch does NOT just fix the PDF manual, it overwrites your swkotor2.exe and some other stuff too...

I guess we must now wait on a patch that fixes the first patch. In the meantime, re-install your game and the mouse should work again.

I just bought this game today and was experiencing the dialog skipping bug, where it skips whole conversations so you have to read the transcript in the journal. So i downloaded the patch and WOOHOOO!! its rendered the game totally unplayable by effectively removing the mouse cursor... BRILLIANT! I think i'll go back to half-life 2...

Aha!

So it -WAS- the patch!

Thanks for confirming my speculations. However, since I only had half of one planet left plus the end, I finished it with a semi-visible cursor by using the keyboard and the auto-targetting/next-target keys. And since I played a guardian I only had one offensive force power as well, I didn't have to browse through my powers alot. Also, since as a light jedi I got the all-in-one buff power, I didn't have to browse powers at all.

But it would hurt me if it happened earlier in the game.

Hmpf... just fixing a pdf... right.

-Orax-