Bao-Dur's family?

ROFLMAO! Plooby bait?! Am I the only one who loved Bao Dur :- ... and is that the reason you have him as your avatar?! :D

No.. he never talks about his family again. If you send him into the temple with the others (when you split up) he talks about how he feels differant, but, like the others, he never explains himself. I wonder if that was cut, too?

If you think about it... he was the only one that Kriea could not sense and she doesn't tell you his future. Someone said that he might have died (BITE YOUR TONGUE! :angry: ), but I don't think that is it. I am hoping that we will see him in KotORIII. (*gets down on her knees and begs LA and whoever are the devs*)

EDIT: Just read the above. *shrugs* Maybe he really does love only me! ;) :D

Hmm, in that case, I'd say this is one of those places where the lack of a plot is painfully obvious. I mean, not that I don't enjoy the deep and emotional three-word discussions I have with him after every planet, but maybe he could occasionally say four or even five words. They could at least implement a dialogue tree like Visas, where there is some stuff to talk about, even if you've pretty much drained those possibilities in the first 5 minutes after meeting her.

Yeah that's annoying that you couldn't learn more about Bao-Dur, since he's probably the ONLY one in the party without skeletons in the closet and is probably the only trustworthy one of the lot!

Considering his death, well, *I* thought he was dead when he was showing a hologram to his remote, but after Kreia said his future is unknown, well that gives a bit of hope that he's still alive and probably a good chance he'll be in KOTOR 3 as a party member IMHO (since by keeping his future mysterious allows it to take different courses in a sequel).

i got the impression that his family was killed on Iridonia by the Mandalorians, thus why he has so much rage directed at the Mandalorians and why he went to war.  but that might all be conjecture on my part.

I kind of just assumed that as well just like I kind of assumed Goto was G0-T0 before his revelation.

manthing2.jpg

Yes, but he never says anything about his family dying... and as far as I know, Iridonia is still standing..

No, plooby, as enticing as your e-affection is, that's not the reason I got mr. spikey head as my avatar. It's because the bastard stole my last name.

<----- AND MY IDENTITY.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Yes, but he never says anything about his family dying... and as far as I know, Iridonia is still standing..

No, plooby, as enticing as your e-affection is, that's not the reason I got mr. spikey head as my avatar. It's because the bastard stole my last name.

<----- AND MY IDENTITY.

LoL... you are an Iridonian?! With little spikey horns and eveyrthing? Do you wonder around in little overalls and tight t-shirts, too?! *swoons* :wub:

I am happy to see that other people found Kriea's lack of "seeing" Bao Dur (neither his thoughts nor is futrue) to be intriguing. It is true that he has a long dry spell for talking, but if you look at it in the right light, you are his general... and he isn't going to just sit and chat with you over coffee. You are his superior officer and probably always will be. (But I love the idea of a man that needs to salute me in the morning! :wub: )

He was also, in my oppinion, the best Jedi support character. His skill levels made all of yours un-neccesary. WIthout armor he can cast all of the buffing "spells" that you need and he is fearless in combat... plus he comes with remote, who doesn't do a lot of damage, but is cute as a button!

Not being able to wear the robes was a big probelm, but if you give him enough dex enhancers and he does just fine.

If he is in KotOR III (please, please, please! :wub: ), I hope that the robes issue is one that they fix, becasue he looked really stupid in that miners suit. :(

LoL... you are an Iridonian?!  With little spikey horns and eveyrthing?  Do you wonder around in little overalls and tight t-shirts, too?!  *swoons*    :wub:

My hair is unkempt enough that if you were to meet me in a poor lighted area, you'll swear I'm Bao-dur reincarnate. I, too, have a little floating ball that follows me around and shoots lasers indiscriminantly at my command.

He was also, in my opinion, the best Jedi support character.  His skill levels made all of yours un-neccesary.  WIthout armor he can cast all of the buffing "spells" that you need and he is fearless in combat... plus he comes with remote, who doesn't do a lot of damage, but is cute as a button!

Not being able to wear the robes was a big probelm, but if you give him enough dex enhancers and he does just fine. 

If he is in KotOR III (please, please, please!  :wub:  ), I hope that the robes issue is one that they fix, becasue he looked really stupid in that miners suit.  :wub:

Lack of robes didn't bother me. I made me... er.... him in to a walking kung-fu machine. You'd hear a HIII YA! And some poor sithtrooper's face would be ripped off by his massively muscled right arm.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

As I recall I did manage to get Kreia to tell me Bao-Dur's future.. just had to go through the tree a few times as there is only one time that he comes up and if you ask about someone else then you don't get the chance to do it again unless you use the first dialogue again (what about my friends? or something like that) and then you can choose "What about Bao-Dur". I can't remember exactly what he says but she refers to him as "The Technician" and I think says he will help rebuild Telos or something along those lines.

ROFLMAO!  Plooby bait?!  Am I the only one who loved Bao Dur  :wub:  ... and is that the reason you have him as your avatar?!  :D

No.. he never talks about his family again.  If you send him into the temple with the others (when you split up) he talks about how he feels differant, but, like the others, he never explains himself.  I wonder if that was cut, too?

If you think about it... he was the only one that Kriea could not sense and she doesn't tell you his future.  Someone said that he might have died (BITE YOUR TONGUE!  :angry:  ), but I don't think that is it.  I am hoping that we will see him in KotORIII.  (*gets down on her knees and begs LA and whoever are the devs*)

EDIT:  Just read the above.  *shrugs*  Maybe he really does love only me!  :wub:  :D

What's odd is that I DIDN'T send him into the temple, but that option about how he seems different after Dxun still comes up. I actually sent in Visas, Mira & Disciple. Personally, I thought Bao-Dur was interesting at the start, but with two dialogues & then nothing (other than the nevermind option) his story didn't seem to go anywhere...

I love Bao-Dur. He's just so geeky and cool. And that voice... :p

The first time I played through, he was easy to influence and he was my PC's first padawan, so to speak. The second time through, I couldn't seem to influence him enough and Atton, Mira and Disiple were all Jedi and Bao-Dur was not.

Bao-Dur does look pretty good in that black fiber armor. I think it fits his personality better than robes anyways. :ph34r: But I think Atton looks hawt in the robes. :o

The first time I did send him to Dxun and he always wanted to talk about what happened there later, but later never came I guess. He never talked about his family afaik.

You can turn Baodur to a Jedi?

Cool, never knew that. Although I've only played through once. I never got the option to Jedify him, getting only the 'nevermind' like most people here.

When will the option eventually show up? After you max influence him?

Pfff. I can't seem to Jedify or massively influence anyone other than Atton (I'm on my second game and playing DS this time, I want to see how Bao-Dur changes and I want to see if T3 gets all rusty or something, and when I played LS I wanted to see if HK gets less rusty and all shiny).

Bao-Dur's voice though... Yum. That's one of the best voices ever, and not just in the KOTOR games.

Indeed.

Bao-Dur was awesome. I just wish his character had been fleshed out a bit more.

There's nothing more frustrating than talking to him to see if you can coax some interesting tidbit out (or just listen to that voice... *swoon*) only to be presented with

1. Never mind

Bao-dur was delicious. He was so gorgeous and so well voice-acted it was a shame he didn't have more to say. I was hoping for the chance of an Bao-dur romance, but while the writers of these types of games seem quite happy to slip the occasional lesbian in, a cross-species romance seems to be further than they're willing to go. Also, hell will freeze over before you get the faintest hint of a gay bloke, but that's for another thread.

Between Bao-dur in his tight little tops and Atton I think the girls are well up on the original game when all we had to drool over was Carth and his endless whining on about his trust issues. I never got that romance off the ground because I honestly couldn't be bothered, but it was a real disappointment when I didn't ever get any resolution with Atton.

yeah that too..

after my 3rd run through the game.. I thought I have some fun and uber size my PC and the others except kreia, I just thought maybe the stats carry over when she becomes a sith lord.. nothing worse than fighting a level 50 sith lord with 99 stats...

well I was sifting through the armors .. coz lets face it some of them really dun look right.. at least 3 armors made bao dur looked like someone gave him a atomic wedgie.. I didn't really care about the defense then.. just what looked great... then I noticed he can't wear robes?? y the hell not?? anakin/vader or luke had robotic hands/arms and they wore robes.. why can't bao dur with his super cool suspended in the air hand wear them...

I mean a jedi in a mechanic suit just doesn't look right..

my 2 cents

edit: had to.. I could just imagine my english teacher glaring at me... :thumbsup:

Everyone loves Bao-Dur. If you don't, you got some serious issues.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! All the PC people do love Bao Dur! :blink: For months I was the only one that did! It must just be the Xboxy people that couldn't see him for the stud he was! Yes!

Oh, now I have to write that fanfic that has been swirling around in my head, where my female Exile ends up with the little horny devil! >_<:wub:

yeah that too..

well I was sifting through the armors .. coz lets face it some of them really dun look right.. at least 3 armors made bao dur looked like someone gave him a atomic wedgie.. I didn't really care about the defense then.. just what looked great... then I noticed he can't wear robes?? y the hell not?? anakin/vader or luke had robotic hands/arms and they wore robes.. why can't bao dur with his super cool suspended in the air hand wear them...

I mean a jedi in a mechanic suit just doesn't look right..

Did you try the Zeison Sha or Jal Shey Armors? You need Armor Class: light to use them, but they actualy fall under the robes catagory, because they don't prevent the use of Force powers. Use Jal Shey for Consulars/Jedi Masters/Sith Lords, Zeison Sha for Guardians/Weapons Masters/Sith Marauders, and either for Sentinels/Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassins.

Strike me down if you wish, but i will become more powerfull than even I could possibly imagine.

You can change the coulours with some underlays. Got to give them a bonus for making the headgear a lot less geeky too.

He's tough to influence which is why he dosnt appear to have a lot to say. But he will open up if you manage it and he will tell you that he is responsible for the destruction of M5 (or rather something he made) which is where the remote scene on the planet fits in.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]